Bars/HappyHours....New, New Lows......

KhonKaenKowboy

16 minutes ago, true blue said:

Is the mad dog affiliated in any way to half moon.some one told me same business don't they back on to each other??? Quite like food at mad dog.be a shame closed as well.

No.  The only affiliation I ever noticed is that Mad Dog's WiFi reaches into Half Moon's toilet on a good day.

And that Mad Dog staff apparently strive for similar levels of congeniality.  

(In fairness though, there were some good days there.)

Annie.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, true blue said:

With all the talk about the Mad dog, I had to nip in their for a late breakfast , good at 185 Baht . Also had a look in Half Moon , closed but everything inside is still intact , so theres hope yet

SAM_3659.JPG

SAM_3663.JPG

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I agree she was a dragon and I have avoided it for years for that very reason

Besides the fact that it is not very gentlemanly to criticise someone in such a way, I thought you weren't allowed to publicly disgrace someone on Thaivisa!! 

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

With all the talk about the Mad dog, I had to nip in their for a late breakfast , good at 185 Baht . Also had a look in Half Moon , closed but everything inside is still intact , so theres hope yet

SAM_3659.JPG

SAM_3663.JPG

nop . from what i know ,they wont be able to get another licence . period .as a bar its finished . they were dobbed in to the army ,and im not prepared to say by whom . 

11 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Besides the fact that it is not very gentlemanly to criticise someone in such a way, I thought you weren't allowed to publicly disgrace someone on Thaivisa!! 

I was simply commenting on another posters view and I don't think 'a dragon' is particularly 'disgracing someone'. Obviously you are saying sweetness and roses and I'm glad that was your experience but it sounds like not all of ours was as pleasant. She banned one of our members as he described.  Never mind no offence meant just sharing experiences.  

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

She sure wasnt welcoming .

I went there one evening and simply asked whether I could watch football , she aid that there wasnt any football being shown on Television  that night , I told her that there was being shown on the Vietnamese channel and they had it because I watched the same channel in there a few weeks back , she was adamant that there was no football on TV .

So, I went to a bar to watch it just down the road to watch it .

As I walked back past the half moon , I told her that I watched the football somewhere else ...............and she banned me from ever going into the Half moon again

You made a Thai woman lose face. Fortunate you did not get physically attacked and just got 86'd from the place.

1 hour ago, Dipterocarp said:

You made a Thai woman lose face. Fortunate you did not get physically attacked and just got 86'd from the place.

I do not know whether you are being serious or not or whether your post is satire

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Walking through the area between the night bazaar and foxy lady today, nearly all the bars in that precinct have closed . I had a quick walk around and counted 25 or so places, that were bars , but had closed down

Why did you go there now/then? 

You must have known it was a 'dead area' since your memory goes back 25 bars worth in such a small area. 

Which 25 'bars' are you referring to?

From what date are you starting from?

Does your 'precinct' include areas such as the 'urinal bars' under the Night Bazaar, the now defunct 'Peak' or the 'Gay bars' etc' opposite. I hope you do not wish they were still in existence!

Having done all your bar subtractions in your posts have you added in the little bar counters with the hay bales that are in the old Peak area, or bars that have opened up in more attractive areas around CM and even places like Hard Rock Café

Why can you not even try to be positive about a place you obviously chose to live in.

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

the now defunct 'Peak'

i doubt sanemax was around when the peak had the fire and was demolished

sometime after jan 06 

but it was gone by about nov 09 coz it was just behind coconut bar which tony of tonys big bikes owned then !

dave2

the peak 1 jan 06  2006_01010040.JPG

old peak area 17 nov 11 2011_11170048.JPG

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

You must have known it was a 'dead area' since your memory goes back 25 bars worth in such a small area. 

Does your 'precinct' include areas such as the 'urinal bars' under the Night Bazaar, the now defunct 'Peak' or the 'Gay bars' etc' opposite. I hope you do not wish they were still in existence!

Having done all your bar subtractions in your posts have you added in the little bar counters with the hay bales that are in the old Peak area, or bars that have opened up in more attractive areas around CM and even places like Hard Rock Café

Why can you not even try to be positive about a place you obviously chose to live in.

He could be right there was a nice bar complex next door to foxy lady.and a lot of bars were that climbing wall was propally about 20 odd

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I was just passing through , it was in the day time . And I noticed tht a whole row of bars had been closed , so I had a quick wander around and counted all the ex bars that had closed . 

Most of the shutters were open and inside was an empty shell with just the bars name still visible .

I have never actually been to any of the bars there , it was not a drinking environment .

The bars there began opening about two years ago , so, going back 2-3 years or so

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

I was just passing through , it was in the day time . And I noticed tht a whole row of bars had been closed , so I had a quick wander around and counted all the ex bars that had closed . 

Most of the shutters were open and inside was an empty shell with just the bars name still visible .

I have never actually been to any of the bars there , it was not a drinking environment .

The bars there began opening about two years ago , so, going back 2-3 years or so

Sorry if I appeared to attack you/your post.  I sort of jumped to the conclusion (with no reason) that you had deliberately gone out your way at night to that area to prove a point.

15 hours ago, true blue said:

He could be right there was a nice bar complex next door to foxy lady.and a lot of bars were that climbing wall was propally about 20 odd

Those were the days... those bars near the climbing wall (called 'The Peak'?) were great but they are long gone. I still go out and have good times in CM bars so not sure where this negativity is coming from.

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

There were loads of bars at the back of the Night Bazaar building (West side) open over New Year, many with the lights off after midnight.

Have they all suddenly closed down?

Its just all the internal ones that seem to have closed , the bars next to the road opposite foxy lady seem to still be open .

Guys..  (and ladies),  yet again I'm realizing I really do like the bars in Chiang Mai.   

I have meetings on Friday in Bangkok and could very easily stay another night there, or even go to Pattaya, etc.   However I'm thinking 'Meh' and coming back to hit the bars in Chiang Mai instead.

Cheaper, friendlier, less hassle and negativity, cooler weather, etc. 

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

46 minutes ago, dave2 said:

re

Happy hours are illegal in LOS. sadly.

this bar in chiang mai hasnt heard about any rules at all so it seems :(

dave2 

ps .. dont ask !

beer happy hour sign 17 jan 17 20170117_114720~02.jpg

beer as cold as ex girlfriends heart 17 jan 17 20170117_114704~01.jpg

well, they would stand to get the same 500000thb fine that you would . 

thai licencing laws prohibit the promotion and advertising of alcohol in any media form . and this has your name ,right next to it  lol  

re

well, they would stand to get the same 500000thb fine that you would . 

thai licencing laws prohibit the promotion and advertising of alcohol in any media form . and this has your name ,right next to it  lol

wow im really really really woried now :( 

do you think they will send the army and the police to scour every chiang mai street looking

for the offending bar :( 

should i ask the mods to delete the pics before anyone notices or leave the country

before immigration come looking for me ?

please advise me what i should do now asap  surmud63:)

dave2 ... shaking in my booots :)

ps ... the happy hour sign was in the road so will the city police ( who control street furniture )

come for me as well ? ... oh dear oh dear what should i do ?  

graffiti face clown red lips 7 aug 13 2013-08-07 11.33.27.jpg

7 hours ago, dave2 said:

this bar in chiang mai hasnt heard about any rules

70 baht for a Leo is not Happy hour much .  I paid 50 baht in some Pattaya bars... :whistling:

What CM is crying out to liven things up is for a get together of TV members for beers and to meet each other.  Perhaps guess each persons handle could be a game with the winner getting a bottle of Lao Kao ?

Anyone interested?  ???

On 1/19/2017 at 1:51 AM, balo said:

70 baht for a Leo is not Happy hour much

i went past the happy hour bar wilth the illegal sign outside the other day on my way to the un irish for my usual fish and mash with brown sauce ( wait for the uproar of the usual thai visa keyboard warriers ) and the sign is still there !

the police havnt knocked on my door or the bars yet or immigration so i guess nobody cares about having illegal signs outside your bar advertising expensive beer :(

dave2

happy hour bar sign 19 jan 17 20170119_145337.jpg

un irish fish mash brown sauce 19 jan 17 20170119_155930.jpg

1 hour ago, stament said:

What CM is crying out to liven things up is for a get together of TV members for beers and to meet each other

That’s what used to happen when TV held regular meet ups, first at ‘Tuskers’ and then at ‘Ye Olde Bell’. I don’t think there have been any since Old Bell shut up shop. Would be nice to see TV start the shindigs up again.