Aussie "rape": Police arrest motorcycle taxi driver - but he says it was consensual sex

webfact

52 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

You are assuming there is a system of legal jurisprudence that functions to establish guilt in a just manner.  In the picture above, we see the police and accused laughing together like buddies.  The jaded expats remain here because it's fun and easy to get laid and there are many beautiful things to see and the culture is awesome.  At the same time, there are many <deleted> up things about the place that are fun to poke fun at.  It's just how people are.  Don't let it bother you.  They don't hate Thailand, they just don't respect the legal system.  I don't hate America but man it's a clown circus over there sometimes.  

accurate post!...the irony is thailand's weak justice system vs a very harsh 'no second chances' american one

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, roo860 said:

.Never mind wearing a helmet, being apparently so pissed, how the hell did she manage to stay on the bike without falling off?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Well she searched for the seatbelt but it was locked, then she found a solid pole to hold and held it tight in her hand all the way. When he drove slow to not loose her she even geared up and said Go Go. Silly girl, she didn't know Thai sticks are automatic geared, at the destination she had tears in her eyes from the wind, the driver thought she cried of feeling lonely and put her arm around her. One thing led to another and after it all happened she refused to go back kao sarn road.

How did she get back by the way??

27 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

accurate post!...the irony is thailand's weak justice system vs a very harsh 'no second chances' american one

It's a tradeoff.  America goes too far in being a "nation of laws" by being rigid and dogmatic, with emasculated juries and handcuffed judges.  But Thailand seems to go too far in the other direction being a "nation of men" with too much respect for social standing and personal connections and not enough fairness for the common man.  The question is where is the balance and how to maintain it when so many bad actors game every system?  

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

A man is innocent until proven guilty. 

If this was his first offence I would be inclined to agree with you, but he has previous and this has to be taken into account.

Because of his previous offence he needs to be held in custody while the investigation is on going, this is to protect women of all nationalities from him, you don't want a possible serial rapist on the lose.

If after a thorough investigation with no stone left unturned (not happening here) he is found innocent then he should be freed.

To be fair with the facts available it looks as if he is guilty, what with the previous and also the fact that she was left in the middle of nowhere not knowing where she was or how to get back, if it was consensual surely they would have used a room somewhere, and should it be proven beyond reasonable doubt he should get a long sentence and I for one think anybody found guilty of rape beyond reasonable doubt should be castrated  as well.

What will probably happen sadly is that the victim will return home and he will be let loose until the next time, so I have to agree with the posters calling him scum and given the facts of this particular case guilty until proved innocent. If after a proper investigation not a mickey mouse one he is proven innocent I shall purchase a large top hat to eat.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Already answered most of this.

I've already said I'm not it's judge nor ever will be on the jury.

As for guilt, a convicted rapist repeating the same lies rapists use from the rapist defence manual is enough for me to form my view on who to believe in this case.

As far as I am aware, Thailand does not have juries, only judges.

First of all all it's sad that the girl got raped and on top now saying she was provoking him is so un believable. May be she was too drunk to stop her. Why was she taken so far deserted area by the motor taxi driver ?? What was his motive ? If she was so drunk and couldn't say where she wanted to go then he could seek help from police or hospital. 

8 minutes ago, Nemesis7 said:

First of all all it's sad that the girl got raped and on top now saying she was provoking him is so un believable. May be she was too drunk to stop her. Why was she taken so far deserted area by the motor taxi driver ?? What was his motive ? If she was so drunk and couldn't say where she wanted to go then he could seek help from police or hospital. 

So an Aussie superdrunk girl jumps on the back of a motocy in BKK without a backrest....where is she going to hold herself???

Maybe the driver pulled up a bit agressiv cause he got excited so i bet she grabbed him to hold herself. Maybe she even put both arms around his body cause she was that drunk and rarely sits on motocycles in a huge city?

He felt her body against his back, braked a bit hard sometimes and decided to drive to the building?

About the rest i can only speculate but this girl wasn't being wise and smart i have to say. And where did the other farangguy go which she kissed on the street after sitting in the wok?

She claimed to be gangraped right? How can that if it was only one motocy-taxidriver?

39 minutes ago, impulse said:

As I recall, the preliminary information from the hospital indicated forced intercourse?  

Has the official hospital report been released yet?  That may throw a wet blanket on the guy's story.

I read from Thai news sources that the hospital has proven she has indeed had sexual intercourse but whether was it rape or consensual is not known.

2 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

maybe she was horny?

had an incident myself before. went to a party with a few female friends.  party really hard, drank too much.

woke up in the morning with my female friend beside me. she was very distraught. but she did not went to the police or anything. 

Just now, Moonmoon said:

had an incident myself before. went to a party with a few female friends.  party really hard, drank too much.

woke up in the morning with my female friend beside me. she was very distraught. but she did not went to the police or anything. 

In the States now having sex with a person who is intoxicated is grounds for a rape accusation.  So as horny as someone may be by no means should you have sex (this only applies to female drunks afaik).  Outside of America, well, it's different rules.  Will be interesting to see if the medical report indicates rape or consensual intercourse.

1 minute ago, tominbkk said:

In the States now having sex with a person who is intoxicated is grounds for a rape accusation.  So as horny as someone may be by no means should you have sex (this only applies to female drunks afaik).  Outside of America, well, it's different rules.  Will be interesting to see if the medical report indicates rape or consensual intercourse.

well she initiated it, but she could not remember it. 

not discrediting the lady in this case. but there should be laws protecting the man as well. 

7 hours ago, doremifasol said:

Both the policeman and the suspect look amused.......that is so disturbing.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...

Looks like the cop in the background got to play "bad cop" on this one.  The look on his face is more like disbelief at how much the idiot is spilling his guts to his new best buddy, who drew the "good cop" straw this time.  Smiling -and going along with the guy- is his job.

He's admitted to being there.  He's admitted to having sex with the woman.  They're miles ahead of where they were before the interrogation.  

Now we'll see if they poke holes in any of the guy's version of events.

12 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

well she initiated it, but she could not remember it. 

not discrediting the lady in this case. but there should be laws protecting the man as well. 

Of course the correct thing for him to do would have been to take her to a safe place where she could sober up.  But think where you are, and if by chance the woman was being sexually aggressive with him, well, it's not the West and the locals don't know the rules that the Westerners follow, so......

Edited by tominbkk

5 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

obviously he has raped her as people have said she is not going to be wanting to be left in a deserted place where she does not know where she is , she obviously was raped , but what is more concerning is that she ENTRUSTED him as a thai bike taxi driver to take her to where she wanted to go SAFELY , certainly times have changed in thailand and respect of foreigners is needed back here again . His sentance should be life imprisonment to teach others this is clearly wrong and should be severly dealt with.

Yes yes yes I agree , now tell the tv members who run this woman down on here to take it back .

18 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Sex is NEVER consensual, if one party is drunk out of their eyeballs!

END OF!

Half the sex in my old colleges wouldn't pass that criteria.  As often as not. both parties were drunk out of their eyeballs.

It becomes non consensual when one party says, "no" or passes out.  Edit:  If you can hop on the back of a scooter, hold on and not fall off, you are physically and mentally capable of saying "no".

With all the caveats about the age of consent in place, of course.

Edited by impulse

The reason we are discussing this case is the media in Thailand , they take pictures of the dead bodies, uncensored pictures of the suspects , pictures of smiling police officers .  

If they could just stop involving the media in every case and just do a proper police investigation first it would be easier to believe the Thai police.   

When they reached the site of the alleged rape she invited him to have sex which they did.”

So the totally drunk woman knows well in Bangkok, coz she did know this place, where they can have undisturbed sex?
He drove her into this quiet corner, and his plan was clear.

“The motorcycle taxi driver said he saw the Australian woman, who appeared to be drunk, near the Khok Wua junction, so he approached her. He said she got onto his motorcycle of her own will, as he always does when he’s hunting for drunk women.”

He is a slimy molester sh*t bag and has clearly admitted his inclination.

He has himself specializes in the chasing of defenseless, drunk women.

“He is a "win" or motorcycle taxi rider called Ekburut Ritrakkhaphan. He has a previous offence for molesting a woman who was mentally deficient, reports Thairath.”

He is a serial offender.

“….after the suspect handed himself in in Sakorn Nakorn province.”

So shortly after the “event” he went to Sakorn Nakorn.
650 kilometers from Bangkok.
Looks more like an escape.
And he went only to the police, after his name was known in the media.

Such molester types are puke.

Edited by tomacht8

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Half the sex in my old colleges wouldn't pass that criteria.  As often as not. both parties were drunk out of their eyeballs.

It becomes non consensual when one party says, "no" or passes out.  Edit:  If you can hop on the back of a scooter, hold on and not fall off, you are physically and mentally capable of saying "no".

With all the caveats about the age of consent in place, of course.

hop on the back of the scooter - that's HIS version

His story is absolutely unbelievable. 

Oh, yeah, after the "consensual" sex she wanted to enjoy some time iin this romatic area in sweet solitude and enjoy the memory  .. . So she refused his kind offer to take her home ...

Edited by sweatalot

Looks like they need to organize a sting operation and catch the guy with his pants down around his ankles using a supposedly drunken female police officer in civilian clothing, as bait, and she comes his way and let him go through the motions and leading up to the dirty deed of committing rape.

Could be done...could be done.

Cheers

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

When they reached the site of the alleged rape she invited him to have sex which they did.”

So the totally drunk woman knows well in Bangkok, coz she did know this place, where they can have undisturbed sex?
He drove her into this quiet corner, and his plan was clear.

“The motorcycle taxi driver said he saw the Australian woman, who appeared to be drunk, near the Khok Wua junction, so he approached her. He said she got onto his motorcycle of her own will, as he always does when he’s hunting for drunk women.”

He is a slimy molester sh*t bag and has clearly admitted his inclination.

He has himself specializes in the chasing of defenseless, drunk women.

“He is a "win" or motorcycle taxi rider called Ekburut Ritrakkhaphan. He has a previous offence for molesting a woman who was mentally deficient, reports Thairath.”

He is a serial offender.

“….after the suspect handed himself in in Sakorn Nakorn province.”

So shortly after the “event” he went to Sakorn Nakorn.
650 kilometers from Bangkok.
Looks more like an escape.
And he went only to the police, after his name was known in the media.

Such molester types are puke.

Spot on, there's no more to add. No cop in another country would believe a convicted sex offender.

3 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Spot on, there's no more to add. No cop in another country would believe a convicted sex offender.

And....... I would surmise SOME of the police ( as in not all but some of the police ) probably enjoyed the details of his sexual conquest while thinking how lucky he was to get it on with the attractive foreign women...in such a "studly" manner while actually believing the man's fantasy based explanation.

Cheer