Thai man who raped South African English teacher arrested - he has admitted the crime

rooster59

On 12/17/2016 at 10:01 AM, Wilsonandson said:

White skinned women beware!
Is this article real or a joke? I've never heard of any Thai calling me white skinned man. It's foreigner or 'farang'. God knows what they call other races? Yellow skinned Chinese? Black skinned Africans? Brown skinned Indians?

As far as my Thai stretches I believe the descriptions for "other races" than their own are all fairly un-PC by western standards.

Kee nok (bird excrement) for farang (white westerner) gives you the idea, well the others are no better.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This scenario is not too uncommon.  I'm sure it's just another case of a lonely, naive young woman away from home, without a current b/f, feeling "flirty", and thought it would be "stimulating" to ride sandwiched between two "friendly" foreign guys on a motorbike.  In that configuration, she was all but inviting to be touched... 

The problem was, as I'm sure, is that she was unaware of how Thai men typically treat their women -- like pieces of meat to be thrown down on a mattress and "used".  I became aware of this after several of my Thai g/f's (and one Burmese g/f) confided to me that's what they've been through, and why they now prefer foreign men -- because we are more likely to treat them like fellow human beings!  They said sex with Thai men often felt more like being raped than being made love to...

And I'm sure there are a lot of you fellow falangs out there who have had one or more of your Thai g/f's tell you the same thing...

Edited by ballzafire

5 hours ago, sambum said:

So if my Thai wife says "Come on, man, your tea's ready!" it's an insult?

The type of people I grew up with call each other "man" all the time - I believe it was originally a Jazz expression, but it is certainly not meant as a derogatory term - the opposite in fact. And I am not prepared to say to anyone who uses the expression "Sorry, but how are you spelling that?"

It's more Mann, the German word for man that's very disgusting. You don't have to believe me. 

If the word is used instead of your name when people talk about you then you're a thing.

Why don't you ask a Thai? 

Not when it's in English and your wife says: man, your tea is ready. 

8 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

lostinisaan.

Then we are at odds,DUDE.My wife never calls me 'mann 'and i dont know where you got that from,because i never mentioned it.As for The term paksidar/boksidar being an insult, i had a word with my wife about it and she too mentioned the ferang being a fruit,which i already knew.She also said that you have it wrong.To be referred to as paksidar etc is not an insult,my wife speaks fluent Loas,and suggested that you  are being misled.I know enough thai to know when i am being insulted.As for all the rest of the post,e.g.mann bai talart,mann bai sai,i assume this is your way of showing your mastery of the Thai language.I dont know if you are married to a thai or have permanent girl friend,but if this you way of thinking and asserting your self,i would think that maybe your wife is calling you names behind your back.It might be a good idea to have a chat with her.

My g/f is a true romantic, calls me darkling all the time.

BTW yes, I know.

On 12/18/2016 at 11:44 PM, ballzafire said:

This scenario is not too uncommon.  I'm sure it's just another case of a lonely, naive young woman away from home, without a current b/f, feeling "flirty", and thought it would be "stimulating" to ride sandwiched between two "friendly" foreign guys on a motorbike.  In that configuration, she was all but inviting to be touched... 

The problem was, as I'm sure, is that she was unaware of how Thai men typically treat their women -- like pieces of meat to be thrown down on a mattress and "used".  I became aware of this after several of my Thai g/f's (and one Burmese g/f) confided to me that's what they've been through, and why they now prefer foreign men -- because we are more likely to treat them like fellow human beings!  They said sex with Thai men often felt more like being raped than being made love to...

And I'm sure there are a lot of you fellow falangs out there who have had one or more of your Thai g/f's tell you the same thing...

Re. the emboldened part (my emboldening), I disagree.

More likely that she appreciated a lift home/the guys beckoned her to sit in the middle and although she had slight misgivings about this - didn't want to be rude by making it obvious that she had a slight concern about this (making her slight concerns obvious to them).

As far as I understand Isan dialect, calling a foreigner baksida isn't necessarily insulting. It's the the Isan term for the guava (farang) fruit.

Also, using the pronoun MAN is often done in colloquial speech between intimates in Isan dialect and Central Thai without it being insulting eg between 3 friends:

Somchai yoo nai

Man mai yoo etc

In the book Private Dancer by Steven Leather the farang inadvertently hears his gf say to her friend in an answerphone message about him "man mai yoo" - he's not in and is convinced the term 'man' is insulting so he decides to break up with her.

Although in this context between 3 friends, it's not necessarily so.

Edited by katana

On 12/17/2016 at 4:30 PM, natway09 said:

She accepted the lift & sat between them in the back.

Did her parents not teach her anything?

While I am in no way defending the low lives who raped her, the woman should have known better than to do what she did. She is South African, she should have known the risks (a rape every 10 seconds in that country!)...

• 4 weeks later...
On 17 December 2016 at 10:53 AM, worgeordie said:

That must be the scumbag at the back, behind bars,

with the bright fluorescent t shirt,lets hope the time

fits the crime,just wonder if these rapists have not

done these crimes before,that were either not reported,

or not investigated by the police.

regards worgeie

Certainly makes more sense than my initial thought which was blimey he looks old for 29 (the guy in the White t-shirt in the centre of the photo). Surely you would make the accused the main person in any photo to avoid any confusion. The poor guy in white has probably been called all names under the sun since this article was published 

11 minutes ago, stament said:

Certainly makes more sense than my initial thought which was blimey he looks old for 29 (the guy in the White t-shirt in the centre of the photo). Surely you would make the accused the main person in any photo to avoid any confusion. The poor guy in white has probably been called all names under the sun since this article was published 

Shhh! You'll be having them pointing fingers next!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...