That's scary: video footage emerges of moment every motorist dreads

rooster59

That's scary: video footage emerges of moment every motorist dreads

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtT2yBKRXppJo4LOYINwz9h12BB1WHbq38vGJ1cg.jpg

Image: Thairath

Video footage has emerged of the accident where a bus carrying 65 scouts and guides overturned in Muak Lek on Friday.

The footage is from the dash cam of the pick-up truck that was going up the hill. The driver of the bus claimed that his brakes had failed and he lost control and was travelling in the wrong lane when he hit the pick-up.

The bus overturned and 40 children were injured - most slightly but two girl guides aged 12 and 13 were seriously hurt.

The driver of the pick-up was seriously injured and hospitalized. He can be seen in the video after the accident crushed in his cab.

Surachart Art-siri who was driving the bus, the last vehicle in a convoy of seven returning from a three day camp in Saraburi, was charged with negligent driving causing injury to others.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my brakes had failed I would have crashed into the bus in front in the hope he would start braking and slow me down.

Moving over in to the wrong lane so I could have a head on crash wouldn't cross my mind. It probably didn't cross his, but then he doesn't likely have one.

I wonder if the cops would believe his story after having seen the video.

Should be charged with 66 counts of attempted murder.

Did not seem to make any attempt to avoid the truck. Just assumed the truck would leave the road rather than go head on with a bus. If his brakes had failed I have my doubts he would have made the corner so smoothly. It has all the appearance of a hot head arrogant driver passing on a corner and refusing to give way. Lock him up.

Very frustrating to see many unbelievable incidents like this one. How can I see these Thaivisa comments can be helpful?  Thai drivers will NEVER read these comments - what a waste of times unless these to be translated. My thoughts with injured passengers/drivers and their loved ones.

Edited by nabbie
grammar

13 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Brakes=brains. I.e. brake failure=brain failure. When will these reckless operators take their responsibilities seriously? (Rhetorical question). 

The blame will stop at the driver. Amazing how fast they can charge one of the little people. Cut and dried no brake examination nothing. 

Bus driver should be fined 40-50000 Baht and be banned from driving for two or three years but....this is Thailand, land of denial not just for the offender but for all Authorities and Citizens who are taught from birth that you can escape responsibility for wrong doing 'just because you are Thai and Thai's can do no wrong'.  Blame anyone or anything but never be held accountable for your actions.

Just one of the biggest reasons why Thailand just never progresses in a meaningful way.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Did not seem to make any attempt to avoid the truck. Just assumed the truck would leave the road rather than go head on with a bus. If his brakes had failed I have my doubts he would have made the corner so smoothly. It has all the appearance of a hot head arrogant driver passing on a corner and refusing to give way. Lock him up.

agree 100%

6 hours ago, Cockwomble said:

Whilst a lot of buses are substandard in design and maintenance, the majir problem is Somchai behind the wheel who drives without any csre or attention.

Some of the bus driving i have seen here over the years , is truly moronic.

par for the course

22 minutes ago, BKKMG said:

The bus in question was overtaking an articulated lorry. He didn't want to lag behind, so....

As for the date on the video, this is common as people rarely set the correct date when buying the dash cameras.

It's in our (ferang) interest to set ours correctly in order to prevent room to manouver in an already biased legal system.