Thailand win a record-breaking fifth Asean Championship title

rooster59

Thailand win a record-breaking fifth Asean Championship title

By The Nation

6b2a3d42970e8ad1c4c7ec4969e49ccf.jpeg

Rookie striker Sirod Chatthong catapulted himself into the national folklore by grabbing a brace in Thailand’s 2-0 victory over Indonesia in the second leg final of the Asean Championship that enable the Kingdom to clinch a record-breaking fifth regional crown with a 3-2 aggregate success on Saturday.

Anything less than a win would cost the Kingdom a chance to achieve the milestone success after going down 2-1 in Wednesday’s first leg in west Java that snapped their five-game winning streak on the way to the back-to-back title showdown.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/sports/30302324 

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-18

I watched both legs and thailand were deserved winners.

First leg away in Indonesia they dominated, scored a lovely headed goal but then Indonesia got lucky with a deflected goal and while the thais were clearing their heads scored again to win 2v1.

Last night in Bangkok, Indonesia clearly game to defend and hold on to their one goal lead but one thailand scored to level it 2v2 (thailand ahead on away goals) and then Thailand scored again,  Indonesia had no answer. Thailand were excellent in this game apart from the last 10 when they looked nervy.

So a very deserved win from the best team in the tournament.  looking forward to seeing my Indonesian work colleagues tomorrow who were giving it out last Thursday morning.

The scorer played a blinder and the 2nd goal was a beauty. He was all over the place too reminded me of Mark Hughes. The one guy though, not chappuis,  the other mixed chap he needs to learn to pass the ball and look up when otb. Good game.

Edited by Rc2702