Real xmas tree. Where to buy?

ST11

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Can't say I have ever seen a real xmas tree after 21 years living in Phuket ... best of luck buying one.

Years ago Le Meridien had a huge real chrismas tree sure 6-8m high.

ST11 check them out and make them an offer they can't refuse.

10 hours ago, ST11 said:

Macahoom if you think you are funny I can tell you that you are not. Singapore is closer to equator but they bring a few ships with xmas trees every year. 

Singapore is about 19% Christian. In Thailand it is about 0.9%.

Unlikely they will be bringing in ship loads of Christmas trees for the few true believers who think Jesus was born under a fir tree covered in tassels and blinking LED lights.

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Singapore is about 19% Christian. In Thailand it is about 0.9%.

Unlikely they will be bringing in ship loads of Christmas trees for the few true believers who think Jesus was born under a fir tree covered in tassels and blinking LED lights.

How many christians and Russians stay in Phuket during xmas time? Lots of them with children and for a few months. yes, fake tree is easy way. But real is nicer. 

I guess hotels bring it from BKK. 

1 hour ago, ST11 said:

How many christians and Russians stay in Phuket during xmas time? Lots of them with children and for a few months. yes, fake tree is easy way. But real is nicer. 

I guess hotels bring it from BKK. 

I would think short term visitors would be staying at hotels and guest houses and wouldn't be expecting to buy and decorate a real tree. I doubt even some of the larger resorts would go to the trouble of importing a fir.

However, good luck in your search, I hope you and your children still have a good holiday even if you can't source a suitable tree here on a tropical Island.

The spirit of Christmas is, I'm led to understand, that the holiday is a celebration of the birth of a Christian deity and involves goodwill for all. You don't need a tree for that. Expats, living here, adapt and meld in to local conditions and customs while still maintaining their beliefs.  

8 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Plastic plants are so realistic these days, why not buy a good one and save a small tree an agonizing death? After all..........it is Christmas.

Make it a 100% real looking silver one  :whistling:

In South Africa. they sell dead, dry saplings with Christmas-tree-spaced branches, all painted white for decorating.....they were great.

This year, we're using a dead branch, painted metallic purple for the tree.

Maybe 'dead' sounds depressing, but they have no needles  to drop and might be regarded as arty and creative by some.

:happy:

On 12/18/2016 at 2:51 PM, ST11 said:

Macahoom if you think you are funny I can tell you that you are not. Singapore is closer to equator but they bring a few ships with xmas trees every year. 

And how much would a Christmas tree imported into Singapore cost when it gets reexported into Thailand?

Methinks along the lines of a gazzilion dollars. Or baht, or whatever.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:51 PM, ST11 said:

Rubbish ! A few ship loads of Christmas trees. More like a container of said trees, on one or possibly 2 ships.

Oh, I think it was pretty funny. :tongue:

54 minutes ago, pennine said:

For want of a better place to ask, where can I buy Christmas wrapping paper in Samui?

Any stationary would have that, as will many, many other shops.

But a post on the Samui forum would probably be better.