Inexpensive Tailor In Bangkok

moondragon

• 2 months later...

I have used Max Tino Tailors on the secong floor in Pantip Plaza, wide selection of materials and designs, good quality, many designs. Nice guy, quick service. Had sport coats, 3 piece suits, shirts and top coat made. Very Happy. :o

I used Needle King on sukhumvit to get a suit made last month. Great quality and a perfect fit. Mr. Rodger is a nice genuine guy and would recommend anyone to get a suit made up there. There is no high pressure sales or any crap like that.

Give him a few days to do a good job, dont expect to wander in and get a suit made up in 24 hrs. Sure there are tailors that will advertise that and all these deals for $99, forget it. You get what you pay for, choose a decent material,middle of the road, and you will be happy.

If you live and work in BKK/Thailand he will also give you a bit more discount.

Moondragon, did you eventually gey a suit made up last month and if so what did it turn out like?

Cheers 8ball

I used Needle King on sukhumvit to get a suit made last month. Great quality and a perfect fit. Mr. Rodger is a nice genuine guy and would recommend anyone to get a suit made up there. There is no high pressure sales or any crap like that.

Give him a few days to do a good job, dont expect to wander in and get a suit made up in 24 hrs. Sure there are tailors that will advertise that and all these deals for $99, forget it. You get what you pay for, choose a decent material,middle of the road, and you will be happy.

If you live and work in BKK/Thailand he will also give you a bit more discount.

Moondragon, did you eventually gey a suit made up last month and if so what did it turn out like?

Cheers 8ball

In BKK 90% of the taylors are good.

There are only 2 rules to follow (may be 3):

1) give them at least 3 days for a suit (24 hours is not enough)

2) you get what you pay: good fabric is expensive. You save on workmanship in Thailand, so get the best fabric and you will be happy. With the 99$ offer you get just crap. A very good quality suit will cost you about 180$, a good shirt about 13$.

3) bring along with you either photos or an old suit.

4) when you collect your item, check all the "particulars" which make a good suit different from a cheap one.

:o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I would recommend Romeo and Juliet Tailor's House you don’t need to take your own material. And anyway the suit does actually come in 24 hours in the perfect way you want it to and I think you should go there because there's like over I guess at least a million of satisfied customers man you should go to that tailors shop its trustable and it started since 1972

I dont know what most tailors charge but you shouldn't be aiming for the cheapest tailor in Thailand, they are all cheap relative to back home. Go for quality. I'll never use another tailor again - I go to St. Marco on Sukhumvit 15 - love the guy so much I got his business card in my wallet:

email: stmarco15 at hotmail.com

phone: +66 2 544 968

Address: 1 Sukhumvit Soi 15

Shirts are great, the one sport jacket I bought was also top notch, never done his pants but I can only assume they are top quality as well. I go in and buy 10 new shirts every few months, they seem to disappear slowly somehow...

I believe he charges me something like 450-550 per shirt - I can never remember what I paid last time and each time I haggle with him over the price lol

Probably the best thing about him is that he saves your measurements and you can call him and order more shirts and he'll ship them to anywhere in the world.

I dont know what most tailors charge but you shouldn't be aiming for the cheapest tailor in Thailand, they are all cheap relative to back home. Go for quality. I'll never use another tailor again - I go to St. Marco on Sukhumvit 15 - love the guy so much I got his business card in my wallet:

Shirts are great, the one sport jacket I bought was also top notch, never done his pants but I can only assume they are top quality as well. I go in and buy 10 new shirts every few months, they seem to disappear slowly somehow...

I believe he charges me something like 450-550 per shirt - I can never remember what I paid last time and each time I haggle with him over the price lol

Probably the best thing about him is that he saves your measurements and you can call him and order more shirts and he'll ship them to anywhere in the world.

Can not agree more with this comment. Marco is by far the best cheap Indian Tailor shop front in Thailand. His materials are the same as most of the other shops on suk but his prices are much lower. I have been buying from him since I can remember. Yes Narin is better but a shirt will cost you 4000 not 400.

What you pay for is what you get, so if you want low end price Marco it is.

• 4 months later...

Can not agree more with this comment. Marco is by far the best cheap Indian Tailor shop front in Thailand. His materials are the same as most of the other shops on suk but his prices are much lower. I have been buying from him since I can remember. Yes Narin is better but a shirt will cost you 4000 not 400.

I've had a lot of stuff made here - coats, suits, slacks, shirts - and generally have been very pleased with the quality and value subject to the caveat I'm going to mention. Very friendly, and trustworthy too - I've forgotten my wallet in the fitting room and come back for it, no problem, thousands of baht untouched. I always say hello when I'm in Bangkok, even if I'm not buying anything that trip.

Caveat: go for multiple fittings, don't settle until it's perfect, and inspect all garments carefully. Some mistakes I've wound up with are suit buttons on a blazer, suit sleeves that fit too tightly, coat buttons poorly sewn. That said, I've been wearing his shirts for years and they still look great, my favorite 3-piece suit was made there, fits perfectly and the fabric is wonderful, my cashmere coat gets compliments whenever I wear it etc.

If you are patient and inspect every garment carefully you'll wind up with a great looking bargain, especially if you don't mind some friendly haggling.

• 3 weeks later...

I came back from a trip to Bangkok where I visited Tailor Pro after seeing the advertisment on the tourist map. I then called "Sam" who sent a car to pick me up from my Hotel. I did not search on the internet before handand took a chance. I made in total 5 suits in various materials including Holland and Sherry and Zegna.(In somerset lake point branch) The quality of handcraft wes exceptional and"bespoke".Sam also really put an extra effort in the markedly moreexpensive Zegna Suits. For anyone who values an extremely nice selection of fabrics, from "cheap" to super high end with and with asense of style I would recommed Sam. I dont spot glue anywhere on any of my lapels but the cheaper suits would have the traditional fake button holes etc. I can also wouch for his shipping service, as two suits and a few shirts were sent to my recidency after returning from my trip.My only complaints would be that I really wantto go back to embrace new fabric arrivals and select from the exceptional shirt fabric selection. Its hard to do remotely with confidence, although Sam have promised to send fabric swatches. As Sam have most/all fabrics in house, it is easy to imaigine a suit in different materials and colors as you can easily wrap them around you to find something that really stands out.

Edited by Redhannah

• 3 weeks later...

Would this tailor make women's clothes? If I brought in my favourite jacket/suit/skirt would he be able to copy it?

• 1 year later...

Guys Best place to get your suites or any tailor made clothing is Needle King located near the main road between soi 10-12. :) His price are the most reasonable among all the tailor i have ever made. He is a honest young man. His name is Roger Singh. You can contact him at [email protected] or (66)22529036. Visit the Website Needlekingtailor.com.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I came back from a trip to Bangkok where I visited Tailor Pro after seeing the advertisment on the tourist map. I then called "Sam" who sent a car to pick me up from my Hotel. I did not search on the internet before handand took a chance. I made in total 5 suits in various materials including Holland and Sherry and Zegna.(In somerset lake point branch) The quality of handcraft wes exceptional and"bespoke".Sam also really put an extra effort in the markedly moreexpensive Zegna Suits. For anyone who values an extremely nice selection of fabrics, from "cheap" to super high end with and with asense of style I would recommed Sam. I dont spot glue anywhere on any of my lapels but the cheaper suits would have the traditional fake button holes etc. I can also wouch for his shipping service, as two suits and a few shirts were sent to my recidency after returning from my trip.My only complaints would be that I really wantto go back to embrace new fabric arrivals and select from the exceptional shirt fabric selection. Its hard to do remotely with confidence, although Sam have promised to send fabric swatches. As Sam have most/all fabrics in house, it is easy to imaigine a suit in different materials and colors as you can easily wrap them around you to find something that really stands out.

Is that you Sam?