Computer no longer remembers logins etc

Maybole

Some two weeks ago I had difficulty accessing internet banking. An expert at the bank helpline led me through a series of attempts and discovered that I had blocked pop-ups on both my antivirus programme and my brouser. Removing pop-up blocker on the antivirus solved the problem.

However, along the way I had to disable and enable various programmes trying to find the problem. I have managed to disable the computer service which remembers my login for ThaiVisa and several other preferred sites and also the preferred configuration for some others. I now have to log  in every time and select the wanted configuration. I cannot find how to enable these services. There may be more than one programme disabled. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and up to date Firefox. I also have Avast free antivirus and Spybot installed.

Request help from experts.

your problem is most likely due to a Firefox setting by default it asks if you want to save the login details each time you visit a site needing login and password.

try clearing cookies and revisit your site login and see if Firefox asks to remember.