On 1/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Here are some links that may be of help to you bargain hunters:

List of Property Classifieds

List of Thai Asset Management Companies

How to Find Thai Property Foreclosures

4 hours ago, Covertjay said:

Those links seem to be dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's odd.  All three links opened up for me.

Why Bangkok unless you have a job there?  

Try VT1 building in Jomtien , 1 million for studios , built in the 90's but very solid building with good yearly maintenance , swimming pool , etc. And a fresh sea breeze and less pollution . 

• 3 months later...
On 26/12/2016 at 9:30 AM, peter1965 said:

Bottom line is I own a condo in downtown Bangkok in a great location. It is safe and nobody ever bothers me. I paid cash and have no bank loans.  You can knock it but you have no seen the value in person for yourself.

How are your renovations going and are you still happy. Went past the building and it looks OK, but not quite how it looks in the pictures. But once inside your unit you have your own comforts. Are you still happy there? Is there any maintenance done? At least it is pretty secure.

I currently rent a realy nice furnished studio (36 sq m with air con) near puniwhithi BTS for 4900 pm. Like the idea of owning, but really don't want to invest too much as there are just too many risky variables, but happy to walk away from a smaller investment.

There must be many condos around 1 million available. On Suk 103 soi 9, there are studios going for about 750k, but they have no balcony and that is a deal breaker for me.

there are always bargains outside from foreign sellers

keep patient, followup bahtsold,craiglist and thaiviisa and bangkokpost

have time, many even in bkk are selling bellow 1mb, even consider adverts for 1. and 1,5  bcs at the moment very difficult for sell

why not thaisellers??  bcs due to high credit and stupid high landoffice suprisal value. they think they sit on gold ,or even cannot sell cheaper due to credit

in the last 2 year bought 3 condos , ist not bkk , but ..

1 condo 77qm in best area comes in the morning per advert in bahtsold, i looked and payed deposit within 5min 2,1mb

1 condo 66qm , good location,partly seaview comes to newspapper in morning,when i went  have already 3 people intrested. i payed even 20k more than the price in newspaper ,and put deposit direct. new building 1,7mb

1 condo 2 bedroom 2 bath eaview new building , in this case thaicompany, 102 qm ,comes up for sell at 3m5  than 2,9 than 2,5  i was followed up.. i bught 9 month later for 1,7mb  ( even the office in the building still want 4,2 mb --ok in f name--

iw as intrested in a big condo in bangkok was 117 qm near nation tower , it was advert for 2,3 mb ... iw as no time , and after it was gone,,i think 2,0 it was sold

so keep patient, look for friesales, hotsales, make offers , belive me  ,if you make a real offer, from 20 you give..one you can buy at the price you want

if you wnat to buy quick and in a specific condo or place , than you always would pay more, than the real value

i must just add.. i know the amrket very good, i know the buildings in my area , so it makes it easy for me ,to sort the adverts for bullshit prices and intresting ads , and once i dont know, i look for prices in other ads...so  i always can already talk on telephone about the price  and know already howmuch i wuld spend +/= a little

if you dont know

take 5-10 adverts for same condounits .. make the average price..and make your offer 20% below the average price , good chance to buy

Edited by lapamita

Those links seem to be dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the links you will get are going to be dead or 15 years old.

TV is great for where is the cheapest pizza or happy hours in beer bars but the majority are struggling to pay 4k rent.

Not the place to ask about condo purchase unless you want a run around

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-5-19 at 7:27 AM, crouchpeter said:

2 buildings that might fit
the bill.
Country Complex, bldg. B, on thanon Sanphawut .38? sq . mtrs. 10" to Bang Na BTS.
Evergreen, behind Nation bldg. on Bangna trad road. No BTS yet!?
Both well maintained buildings. Around the million or less.

Sent from my A1601 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good info thanks. Saw 2 for 1.3 and 1.5 in Country Complex and 1 for 1.4 in Evergreen on Hipflat. Negotiable I am sure, but do you have any other sources for ads in the 1 mil range in those condos?

On 12/20/2016 at 9:15 AM, peter1965 said:

The second building where you can buy under 1 million and get a large studio is Asean Tower on Soi 71 Pridi 16. This location is awesome but again, the building is old. However, unlike Ekkamai Condo Town, Asean Tower is full of foreign residents

I am also a long term resident (12 years) of Asean Tower though I rent a condo, I'm not an owner.  It is indeed a very diverse community that lives here but I have never had any kind of problem.  I am fortunate to live in a quiet corner with no adjacent rooms so noise is rarely an issue except when there is a nearby renovation.  Sound does carry through the concrete floors like a drum-head. 

There are some families that allow their kids to play in hallways and they can be noisy at times.

As Peter1965 said, the public spaces are quite dingy but the building functions pretty well.  All the lifts were replaced 5 years ago.  

Security is non-existant.  There is key card entry but many residents do not have the dongles and everybody just allow whoever comes to the door to enter without challenge.

Most rooms in Asian Tower are 45 s/m, there are a few that are 65 s/m.

If the OP actually decides to check the building out. feel free to PM me and I'll answer any questions he might have.

EDIT:  Sorry...I failed to notice this was an older thread, started last year.

Edited by dddave