Extension for UK 30 days on arrival in Udon Thani?

Hi, is it possible to extend my 30 days on arrival stamp at the immigration office in Udon Thani?

If it is, how long can I extend it for?

What forms/documents, if any, do I need?

How long does the process take?

What is the price I will have to pay?

This is my third time entering Thailand within the last 12 months, arriving each time by plane at BKK and have not stayed more than 30 days in the previous two visits.

You can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

Completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copy of passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

Completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copy of passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thanks ubonjoe, particularly for the size of photos which are larger than the standard UK passport size.

New photos have just been taken and relevant documents have been printed :-)

Earlier this year I went to Udon to get a 30 day extension and they completed the form for me and took photos using there own cam. They made all copies necessary and charged me 2000 baht. All I had to do was sign the form and provide the info where I was staying.

For only 100 baht extra I did not complain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlkik said:

Earlier this year I went to Udon to get a 30 day extension and they completed the form for me and took photos using there own cam. They made all copies necessary and charged me 2000 baht. All I had to do was sign the form and provide the info where I was staying.

For only 100 baht extra I did not complain.

Nice one, I just paid 150 for copies and photos!

Udon Thani Immigration office always provides good , efficient and friendly service ( apart maybe from one particular female officer).

In and out in double quick time for most dealings .......90 day reports in and out in less than 2 minutes, extension of stay usually no more than 30 mins wait to be seen and all processed ( if you have all the relevant paperwork) in less than 1 hr.

Actually makes going to immigration a pleasant experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It took 15 minutes to get my extension, it would have taken 10 if the immigration officer hadn't have been chatting on his mobile for the first 5. The office is very well sign posted. I arrived about 10 am and there were no queues at all. I didn't need the TM7 form as all the info was input by the officer into the computer and the form was printed, I just had to sign it. He took one of my passport photos and took a photo on his camera as well. I didn't get change from 2,000 baht but I am really happy that it was a quick and easy process, unlike most other things in Thailand!!!