Chainat keen to reduce road fatalities during holidays

webfact

Chainat keen to reduce road fatalities during holidays

CHAINAT, 20 December 2016 (NNT) - Chainat has set up the Road Safety Directing Center to reduce road accidents during the New Year holiday. 

Chainat Vice Governor Chawapol Phantumarat chaired a road safety meeting at the provincial city hall to prepare authorities and relevant agencies for the prevention of road fatalities during New Year celebrations. 

The meeting was held after the Road Safety Directing Center had declared December 29th to January 4th a road safety period. Also, a public campaign will be carried out to urge drivers to drive carefully in order to lower the numbers of road fatalities and injuries this year. 

Authorities at the local and provincial levels across the country have also been instructed to draw up effective safety plans for the holiday.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-20

Right now the police are out in force and have half the road blocked off at Sukhumvit Soi 5. Nothing to do with road safety; more to do with revenue raising. Busy writing tickets for taxi drivers and motorbike taxi drivers.

10 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Right now the police are out in force and have half the road blocked off at Sukhumvit Soi 5. Nothing to do with road safety; more to do with revenue raising. Busy writing tickets for taxi drivers and motorbike taxi drivers.

Very busy the last couple days around the Ramintra area.  Poo Yais need some holiday mad money I guess!

Edited by tominbkk

I've never seen anyone dig a little deeper over these figures.  Surely, during the holiday period, there are so many more vehicles on the road that traffic has to, of necessity, slow down a little bit (neet noi).

Therefore it might be logical to expect fewer accidents for those six holiday days than for the rest of the year?  No?

Be careful driving! After a belly full of alcohol? Ya that will work....not

The only way to reduce accidents in this country is to ban driving on certain days!

Well we all know that won't happen.

They need to get cops off their ass and start administrating breath analyzer checks at out side bars, parking lots, house parties, hotels and the lot. Big fines and do mean big...take driver license away...6 month ban on driving...lose demerit points (which I don't think they have here) tow car or MC to a compound and big baht to get it out. Increase insurance rates 50%. Make it hurt. Get caught a second time..no driving for a year.and another 50% in insurance rates. Third time banned for life.

They have to get this under control and do their job and have nation wide campaign or nothing will ever change the culture they now have.

2 hours ago, blazes said:

I've never seen anyone dig a little deeper over these figures.  Surely, during the holiday period, there are so many more vehicles on the road that traffic has to, of necessity, slow down a little bit (neet noi).

Therefore it might be logical to expect fewer accidents for those six holiday days than for the rest of the year?  No?

No!

All I want to know is "how"?

How are they going to reduce the number of accidents? 

How are they going to teach ALL ROAD USERS, be they motorists, motorcyclists or pedestrians, to be more careful? 

How are they going to change generations of disregard for road rules and basic safety, not giving right of way, etc.? 

How are they going to prevent/reduce the number of drunks behind the wheel of a vehicle? 

How? 

I don't see it happening this year, next year or in the next 10 years. 

Edited by djayz