What Is This Thai Vegetable?

corkscrew

This Thai veggie was served to us in the Chinese restaurant at the Shangri-La hotel. I have never seen it before. This is a slightly out of focus photo of the vegetable before it has been processed. When served it is in small pieces that have been covered in a vinegar like sauce. My Thai wife said it is called "white green".

I got it right. It is pickled Mustard. If you google the thai name Totster provided the Hi-Q food site shows it in its tinned variety. They call it lettuce in the ingredients list.

OK! Anyway it was really good. Eaten with nuts as a pre-starter course. I have never had it before.

i think when your wife says white green she is referring to 'phak kad khao' = white cabbage

the version shown here seems to be pickled...and hence phak kad dong as totster says

by the way seeing totsters post is always refreshing....just cos of the smiley he always adds at end of name :o thank you :D

ผักกาดเขียว(Phak Gard Kheaw)

(Chinese mustard)

Brassica juncea (Linn.) Czern. et Coss.

Thank you pretty woman! I really enjoyed it the way it was served at the Shangri-La's chinese restaurant: Shang Palace. How have you been?