Border Crossings

BronzeRider

There is no problem to enter Malaysia via Padang Besar, a short drive from Hadyai....or go by boat to Pulau Langkawi from Satun....

Moslem areas, where they hold the clear majority of the population, is Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani, far more South on the Eastern coast to Sungai Kolok.

I will see, if I can visit that area again this coming July....

Johann

Well, to be honest I dont actually like any :o but I usually go to Poipet from BKK because it is so easy and convinient. The friendship crossing at Nong Khai is prob my favorite as it is really straightforward and get a chance for a couple o days R&R in good ol Laos.

YEA, My Favorite is NONG KHAI, very easy,just park at the bus co. on the right,they get your entry into lao and go on to Vientaine for a couple of days,don't miss the swedeish bakery by the big dry fountain while there,good grub.

Nong Khai is a great crossing, and the food and beverage stakes in Vientiene are magnificent, as pointed out at the bakery, and also all the smaller restaurants around "Nam Phu" circle.

I recently visited Mayawaddy via Mae Sot, all very painless, and a trip into the "land that time forgot" Mae Sot had something to offer as well. Worth considering, the border cost is twice that of Mae Sai, being US$10 or 500 baht.

A viable alternative......