International hunt for Berlin suspect continues as dashcam shows attack for the first time

webfact

International hunt for Berlin suspect continues as dashcam shows attack for the first time

606x341_353124.jpg

BERLIN: -- Newly released dashcam footage reveals the moment when a truck drove into crowds of christmas shoppers in Berlin on Monday.

After the lorry is seen mounting the curb to the left, shoppers begin to rush from the scene.

According to German interior minister De Maizière, there is a “high probability” that Anis Amri, a Tunisian national, was the driver.

The international manhunt for Amri is continuing.

His wallet and DNA was found inside the driver’s cab of the vehicle.

A European arrest warrant has been issued, and a €100,000 reward offered for Amri’s capture.

Police raids have been launched in Berlin, and Dortmund to the west.

Two apartments were searched in the Berlin district Kreuzberg, where investigators believe Amri may have been.

And four individuals were detained while two properties were searched in Dortmund.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-23

19 minutes ago, kkerry said:

The suspect was killed in shootout with police in Milan, Italy today.

That is a long way from Berlin. Could there have been some sort of network of lone wolves like him to help the great escape? Or should that be lone wolfs? Either way a ludicrous notion, he clearly was not alone in the planning and execution of this murderous escapade.

35 minutes ago, jaidam said:

That is a long way from Berlin. Could there have been some sort of network of lone wolves like him to help the great escape? Or should that be lone wolfs? Either way a ludicrous notion, he clearly was not alone in the planning and execution of this murderous escapade.

As both Germany and Italy are part of the border free Schengen area, travelling from Berlin to Milan undetected would not be difficult.

Especially as for several hours after the attack the German police were holding and questioning the wrong man.

But it is unlikely that he was acting alone; agreed.

As both Germany and Italy are part of the border free Schengen area, travelling from Berlin to Milan undetected would not be difficult.

Especially as for several hours after the attack the German police were holding and questioning the wrong man.

Seems like a basic operation to do yourself. Find a truck, kill the driver, get acquainted with it, drive it into a crowd, walk away, take a train to Italy.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Seems like a basic operation to do yourself. Find a truck, kill the driver, get acquainted with it, drive it into a crowd, walk away, take a train to Italy.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

The attack itself, yes - could have been a solo act. It's the getaway bit that's uncharacteristic.

The suspect in the Berlin Christmas market attack,  Anis Amri was killed, Italian Interior Minister Marco Minniti said, after a dramatic 3:30 a.m. encounter at a routine checkpoint in the Piazza I Maggio in the Sesto San Giovanni area of greater Milan.

It's again a Tunisian national who perpetrated a terrorist act with a truck, like in Nice.

To remember that Tunisia was one of the most westernised countries of North Africa before the so called Arab spring.

It took only a handful of some 800 active and more radical revolutionary local members to overthrow the Ancien Regime and to place a more radical regime with members linked to the Muslim brotherhood.

It was not really a popular revolution if you consider the total passive population of 10.000.000 Tunisians...vs these 800 active revolutionary people. I doubt the terrorist of Berlin was one of the 800.

The new regime is backed by the western countries.

It's also known that many Tunisians went to fight in Syria after their own regime change. Same same like Lybia, many crowded prisons were liberated after the revolution.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

left his wallet in the truck?!  He's either very stupid or he wanted everyone to know he did it.

Another possibility:  the culprit stole the dick's wallet and placed it there to fool police.

Much more obvious reason: the wallet had been lost during the fight with original driver.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If it had been organised then I would have thought he would have had the address of a safe-house to goto...

I suspect that these radicalised people are brainwashed over the internet and given ideas on targets and how to plan attacks, they are expected to work alone, they are expendable and not intended to survive.

So yes organised in recruiting martyrs,  on a "don't call us, we call you" system that if captured alive they will have no links to the controllers. 

8 hours ago, Basil B said:

If it had been organised then I would have thought he would have had the address of a safe-house to goto...

I suspect that these radicalised people are brainwashed over the internet and given ideas on targets and how to plan attacks, they are expected to work alone, they are expendable and not intended to survive.

So yes organised in recruiting martyrs,  on a "don't call us, we call you" system that if captured alive they will have no links to the controllers. 

it is claimed, via a monitored phone call to a radical Imam  (Ahmad Abdulaziz Abdullah) in Germany, the guy had offered himself for a suicide bomb attack. The Imam & some of his associates were later arrested as one of the main recruiters for Islamic State in Germany.

16 hours ago, basatop said:

Much more obvious reason: the wallet had been lost during the fight with original driver.

The ID the police 'found' in the truck seems to vary depending which news report you watch/read.

There's been ID card, asylum rejection paperwork and wallet (I've only seen wallet in this thread).

Also a little strange that after the original Pakistani suspect was released, the German police were saying they didn't know who they were looking for, but then miraculously find ID (of some description) under the front seat.

2 days to find an ID document/card/wallet that wasn't secreted, but allegedly fell out of a pocket during a struggle? Seems perfectly reasonable in such a low profile case.

2 hours ago, sean in udon said:

The ID the police 'found' in the truck seems to vary depending which news report you watch/read.

There's been ID card, asylum rejection paperwork and wallet (I've only seen wallet in this thread).

Also a little strange that after the original Pakistani suspect was released, the German police were saying they didn't know who they were looking for, but then miraculously find ID (of some description) under the front seat.

2 days to find an ID document/card/wallet that wasn't secreted, but allegedly fell out of a pocket during a struggle? Seems perfectly reasonable in such a low profile case.

Reports suggest that the main evidence was finger prints.

2 days to find the wallet,  it took a day to move the the unit from the market, assuming they were methodically looking for every finger print, hair, DNA, scrap of paper, etc, working from the outside in, mindful that the there may be bobby trap IED's, no I am not surprised.  

21 hours ago, Basil B said:

If it had been organised then I would have thought he would have had the address of a safe-house to goto..

As he was stopped and shot by Italian police officers on routine patrol at a Milan railway station, maybe that's where he was going.

Archived