Certificate of residence

Have not visited immigration office yet ( not even sure where nearest one is !! ) as I've left the country a couple of times but would like to get a Thai car license ( using IDP now) and therefore will need a certificate of residency.

Am in a rented apartment , so will 6 months of bills from apartment be enough ?, I am assuming no because my name is not mentioned on said bills.

So my question is: 

Do I get a letter from apartment stating I have lived there for 6 months ?

Or do I get them to fill in a form ( tm 30 I think) which seems overly complicated ?

For starters, this is the location of your local Immigration office;

138 Mu 9
Tambon Bang Toei
Amphoe Sam Khok
Pathum Thani 12160
Phone: 02- 5931991

A copy of your landlords Tabien Baan, ID card and rental agreement is sufficient proof of address to obtain a Certificate of Residence.

Certificates of Residence can be obtained from;

Immigration.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur office

Local Police station.

The day after I arrived in Thailand, I took the above documents to my local Police station, just because it was more convenient than the other options and obtained two C of R's. The first I used to purchase a motorcycle.

I took the second along with my UK driving licences, copies of Passport home page, entry stamp, Visa andTM6 card to my local DLT centre and after a few compulsory small tests walked away with two Thai licences for Car and Motorcycle.

• Like 1