Israel to re-assess UN ties after settlement vote

rooster59

26 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

I think it's all too clear if the Israeli government is refusing cooperation to stop future settlements and refuse future evictions from occupied territories. Remembering Gaza evictions. No blame to the people, but rather the blame to pertinent and inconsistent colonial policies of Israel in that region : see picture below. That's not a fantasy.

Just a sanction or embargo on oil and gas imports would be devastating for the military high tec apparatus of Israel.

0748ea3a9ee4fcb8081cd116002668a3.jpg

5b397c5a231c9545013998372b414f49.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think it's all to clear you fantasize. What any of the above have to do with the likelihood of such imaginary sanctions materializing? Or with the post you were replying to? 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's all to clear you fantasize. What any of the above have to do with the likelihood of such imaginary sanctions materializing? Or with the post you were replying to? 

Please consult link as example below in order to understand what happened to other countries in case of refusing UN resolutions :

https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-enterprise/importing-exporting

UN inspectors will be sent very soon to the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Their report will be decisive for any further sanctions.

Some 600.000 Israeli civilians are living in illegal settlements. Nobody wants to witness their future evictions, but the actual Israeli government should adhere to the latest UN resolution, like any other country.

Pro Israeli media won't discuss this matter of economic sanctions and embargo.

The Israeli opposition is also aware of the consequences mentioned above. No problem for me if you interpreted them as 'fantasies', although I recommend to rather adhere to realpolitik...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/25/world/middleeast/netanyahu-accuses-obama-of-orchestrating-un-resolution.html

On 12/25/2016 at 6:23 PM, KenKadz said:

If Israel and Netanyahu get angry enough maybe they will stop taking the $6 billion from U.S. Taxpayers every year that the U.S. Government has been giving them for 70 years with no justification.

From here my thoughts digress into terms like terrorist state, founded by terrorists (sten gang), self-serving, manipulative, opportunists.

Why USA is giving so much money to Israel ? Israel is a xenophobe, racist, gangster ( no respect of international laws), and haughty. Israel must change his attitude for the well being of the world.

On 24 December, 2016 at 8:28 PM, DavidVincent said:

Yeah leave the UN Israel, follow your own path, show the duplicity of your government even more. This resolution is a slap in the face and even if not a lot will change, the reaction of israeli gpvernment shows one more time they still want to settle, steal land, get rid of the west bank and do not want a solution.. And whatever trump WILL do he won t be able to get rid of this resolution. 

Rubbish. It is  the UN that has a double standard. The UN   goes after Israle, and yet Russia and China with ally Iran have  supported the  Assad regime. The arab world  has done relatively little to stop the  wholesale slaughters in Arab countries, and yet they can find time to   harass Israel.  As more people go kaboom in the  countries where people like you reside,  I hope you enjoy the carnage, because maybe  then you will get the fact that this is what Israel has had to deal with since the early 1900's

On 12/26/2016 at 5:18 AM, Scott said:

I suggest you not read or comment on these threads.   If you notice, it is only a handful of members who take much interest in them.   A few are knowledgeable, a few are anti-Semitic and few are here to learn.  

The majority come along to troll and get suspended.   That's very easy to avoid.   Just move along.  

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that you cannot be both anti-Semitic  and knowledgeable?

4 minutes ago, Pakboong said:

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that you cannot be both anti-Semitic  and knowledgeable?

Just to be clear it is a public warning, not a discussion point.   The next off-topic, nitpicking post will get a suspension, as this one should of.   Consider it your Christmas present.   There won't be another one for a year.  

11 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Please consult link as example below in order to understand what happened to other countries in case of refusing UN resolutions :

https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-enterprise/importing-exporting

UN inspectors will be sent very soon to the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Their report will be decisive for any further sanctions.

Some 600.000 Israeli civilians are living in illegal settlements. Nobody wants to witness their future evictions, but the actual Israeli government should adhere to the latest UN resolution, like any other country.

Pro Israeli media won't discuss this matter of economic sanctions and embargo.

The Israeli opposition is also aware of the consequences mentioned above. No problem for me if you interpreted them as 'fantasies', although I recommend to rather adhere to realpolitik...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/25/world/middleeast/netanyahu-accuses-obama-of-orchestrating-un-resolution.html

Please consult this topic and the posts you're supposedly replying to. There are no sanctions against Israel and non on the table that I'm aware of. The link provided is to a UK restrictions least, not an international one. Israel does not appear, and the PRC does not seem impressed. So yes - fantasies.

I think that's another figment of your imagination. Can't recall the recent resolution mentioning something of the sort. As there are no sanctions, how could there be "further" sanctions?

Israeli government should adhere to the latest UN resolution, like any other country.

The UNSC resolution is non binding. I'm aware that tends to be ignored, but it's a fact. It is also a fact that not all countries adhere to UN resolutions, and that would include Israel's counterparts - the Palestinians.

Israeli and pro-Israeli (whatever that means) media can not discuss something that does not exist. There are no economic sanctions and there is no embargo. Discussions and views on hypothetical sanctions and their likelihood are actually quite prevalent. This is even obvious from the second link provided - unless you consider the Israeli opposition anti-Israeli...

By the way, most of the content of the second link appears, in one form on another on my previous posts. Nothing new there.

• 1 year later...

Despite Israel having it's faults, the UN has become pathetic and toothless...not to mention a meaningless talking shop that can be vetoed by 5 parties that are hardly in agreement about anything. When you want to explain what an oxymoron is the the UN (United Nations) has become a default example...along with "Honest lawyer" or "Rich monk" etc.  

Archived