Motorcyclist killed by expressway barrier in illegal jaunt

webfact

Almost got killed today in traffic. So tired of the idiots on the road.

Instead of just complaining i wonder if we could get together likeminded people and petition the government to do something about road safety. Maybe someone could create a petition on change.org and once we reach x signatures send it to .. Someone? Ideas?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

The car, minivan & truck drivers are worse. In the last 3 months....
Done a visa run & the driver of the minivan overtook countless cars on bends just to save 5 seconds of time.
Waiting at the lights, a car driver nudged my rear tyre. Luckily I had my hands on the brakes! I looked at him & no apology.
A pick up truck came up behind me from nowhere blasting his horn. Thought he was in a rush so moved to one side to let them past. Alongside me he rolled down his window & shouted abuse to me(maybe going too slow for him). I shouted to him back. Around the corner, he slowed right down forcing me to overtake him. Upon attempting this he swerved across the road to swipe me off the road. Luckily I braked and missed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think also the miniwans, trucks and cars are far more dangerous than the motorbikes. Sure the motorbike drivers drive like 8 year old boys on cocaine but they dont create nearly as much danger as the cars etc.

1 hour ago, LammyTS1 said:

I have a full uk bike license and have driven all around UK & Europe many times on my Vespa.
After moving here recently, I bought a new scooter & It was a real shock to me to realise that I couldn't simply drive from Pattaya to BKK on the motorway with any size of bike! What is the purpose of this? What roads can you drive on? Are there physical signs showing no bikes allowed on certain roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The good old scenic route down Sukhumvit, passes Lam Chabang, Sri Racha, Chonburi, Bang Prakong and down Bangna-trad into Bangkok.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Sidewalk? I read expressway?

It seems you too have some 'issues'....

I think a lot of people have misdirected anger issues.  First off riding on the sidewalk is legal if roadways are congested and if you took the Thai motorbike course you would realize this.  Although I have issues with crazy motorbike drivers the car drivers are far more dangerous and it the pedestrians that actually need the most protection.

15 minutes ago, hobz said:

Almost got killed today in traffic. So tired of the idiots on the road.

Instead of just complaining i wonder if we could get together likeminded people and petition the government to do something about road safety. Maybe someone could create a petition on change.org and once we reach x signatures send it to .. Someone? Ideas?

Save your energy its right up there with burying power lines, cleaning garbage, fixing the education system, outlawing corruption... and the list goes on... welcome to the wild west... number one rule on the road is there are no rules... remember this and you will be a lot safer...

17 minutes ago, losworld said:

Save your energy its right up there with burying power lines, cleaning garbage, fixing the education system, outlawing corruption... and the list goes on... welcome to the wild west... number one rule on the road is there are no rules... remember this and you will be a lot safer...

".......welcome to the wild west... "   That's in the Untied States of America.

I think you mean.............."Welcome to the Wild East?  Sometimes even more dangerous and crazy.

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

You need to learn how to read posts through instead of jumping the wrong way.

I will excuse you though. You will see I was answering your post that refered  to a previous post that mentioned sidewalks.

I can read. The thread concerns "Motorcyclist killed by expressway barrier"...

So anyone who brings up the matter of motorbikes on the pavement at this juncture, likely has issues of their own that need tending.

The fact that you also feel the need to continue the ridiculous comment about pavements/side walks when it has nothing to do with the matter concerned speaks volumes.

Someone's son is no more, yet here you are whining about a completely unrelated and relatively minor matter.

Poor, very poor.

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

Another newbie thinking he know something about Thailand.

I arrived in Bangkok during Black May 1992, with tanks rolling on the streets.

Who is the newbie here?

I just don't spend my time on a forum venting my anger and writing utter clap-trap. 

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

OK, your RIP comment is appropriate, but Cuchulainn was merely stating an obvious fact.

What on earth was the young man trying to do in the early hours of the morning at a speed that knocked him off the machine and reportedly left the machine 300* metres away from his body.  Mr Darwin's name is often introduced at this stage and perhaps in this case it is appropriate.

He wasn't killed by a speeding Benz driver but a solid drop down barrier at an unmanned toll booth. .

* I suspect it was more like 30 metres?

If he was found dead in the early hours, lying in the roadside at a barrier with his motorcycle some distance away I think you can probably guess the rest:

Alcohol, speed, bad judgement... possible the 3 biggest killers of all time... !!!
 if you put all 3 together you're going to come un-stuck one day for sure!

1 hour ago, yooyoo said:

The majority of motorcyclists in Thailand deserves what they get ... they have no regard for their own or the safety of anyone else on and next to the road and completely disobey and willfully disregard traffic rules and regulations... no sympathy from me 

You need to move soon.

1 hour ago, yooyoo said:

The majority of motorcyclists in Thailand deserves what they get ... they have no regard for their own or the safety of anyone else on and next to the road and completely disobey and willfully disregard traffic rules and regulations... no sympathy from me 

+1

52 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Another one bites the dust! Just don´t tell me this is a real story. Is it april fools day already? Thought it was christmas.

Not that I don´t value life. I just don´t understand people sometimes. RIP poor young man!

It's a true story, quite real. It may be Christmas for some, but I am sure he was not one of them.

2 hours ago, losworld said:

Since you have the energy to write a reply i trust you will have the energy to sign a petition ;)

"There are no rules"..i already know this. Thanks anyway. 

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Sidewalk? I read expressway?

It seems you too have some 'issues'....

Motorbikes are not allowed on expressway.  Give your head a shake.  He got what he deserved and I hope that there were many more like him.  Lol brother.

3 hours ago, yooyoo said:

You are absolutely right, same with me.