What happens if I get stopped on the way to border with overstay?

3 hours ago, Satearn said:

Best advice Tim.

I'm not I'll, just if I travel I could make my hypercacusi and tinnitus worse for life, no cure.

I'm now at 13 000 hertz 24/7, it,s like a hiss from tea kettle, but still tolerable. Damaging it further could increase the volume x fold and take this condition to "suicide t" level, where one is so tortured that well..no need to explain....

The hypercacusi can also get inflmmed permanently, in that case I might bre homenoud for life and need earplugs and muffs 24/7 outside till the day I die.

My condition is acute now, very risky to travel, if the frige noise is loud? If the motorbike at 30 km per hour is loud with muffs AND plugs...how will a car be at 90?...65 decibels they say, then I have to deal with vibrations through road noise that increases bone conduction sound waves further.

If I can't get extension.... Maybe by car at 60 km per hour might work...

Sorry Satearn, I don't see any real problem. I have been having tinnitus for about 30 years now. You can get used to it. Now I only hear it when I think about it or someone talks about it. As the sound is permanent and does not change, it should disappear from your consciousness. Just stop complaining and stop talking about it and after some time you will not be annoyed by it any more.

What kind of doctor did you see? I suggest a psychiater to help you ignore it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aonangkrabi said:

Sorry Satearn, I don't see any real problem. I have been having tinnitus for about 30 years now. You can get used to it. Now I only hear it when I think about it or someone talks about it. As the sound is permanent and does not change, it should disappear from your consciousness. Just stop complaining and stop talking about it and after some time you will not be annoyed by it any more.

What kind of doctor did you see? I suggest a psychiater to help you ignore it.

Thanks Aonangkrabi

Problem is hyperacusis, not tinnitus..

I can't tolerate human voices, can't use a phone, can't go out, must wear plugs and muffs outdoors, no tv, no music, no nothing.

Only going to hospital yesterday fully protected with muffs and plugs made my Tinnitus scream like a siren all night...

I know that in time I will probably get used to it, but for now it's hell on earth, and not making it worse is my priority.

Once this whole visa run ordeal is done, I will start the journey of ignoring it as you say, TRT or CBT, but not sure I will need that, my habituation is already under way and the Tinnitus I can live with, it's the hyperacusis that kills me now.

Here are a few threads so others can understand hyperacusis:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/forums/support.55/

Edited by Satearn

16 hours ago, Satearn said:

One can always pay at immigration...did it last week!

Could he perhaps buy a cheap ticket out to somewhere, check-in for it, go through security and then immigration where he'd clear the overstay and be stamped out, and then instead of actually boarding the flight turn right around and come back in again through immigration having cleared the overstay?  I know it sounds hinky; the IO on the way back in would see the overstay and the U-turn back in.  But maybe since there's a medical condition involved (have documentation to show), the case could be made by him that he's now suddenly not feeling well enough to fly, believes his health is at risk if he does so, and has decided to postpone the flight out.   If it works, he'd get another 30d stamp.  Even if it doesn't work right off,  what's immigration now going to do with him?   He can't fly.  Are they really going to keep a provably sick person in limbo until he's miraculously cured (or dies...) right there in the terminal or what?  And what airline is going to want to board a person who can actually show that he shouldn't be flying, even if they'd certainly have preferred he made that known when checking-in?

OP:  please do NOT interpret this as a recommendation!  I'm absolutely just asking, in hopes somebody more knowledgeable can comment, even if just to say "bad idea".

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He has already tried to get an extension for medical  extension. You should read his other topics.

OP - while I am, of course, sympathetic to your plight, you are not IMHO helping your cause by posting multiple topics covering more or less the same ground on here completely independent of each other.

Edited by OJAS

Probably not an option for the poster with this medical condition, but when you ride a bicycle to the border, you virtually never get stopped at police and military roadblocks.I have done it doesn't of times, all Thai/Cambodian border crossing and not once have I been stopped.
Another option is hitching a ride with a Thai driver,although then they sometimes stop the driver and look at me, the Farang, they have never asked to see my passport.That is very different from going with the visa border run agency van where you got checked all the time.Ban Laem is the worst with half a dozen checkpoints.On the way from Trat to Hat lek usually only 2.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Satearn said:

Going tomorrow, just investigating plan B if they don't grant it...

I would like to ad also...been doing visa runs for 15 years...this is bad situation for me....

Very unfortunate but do you really have a choice,

Good luck and best wishes,

Take care

• Like 1

Arrested and prosecuted

One week is not enough to put you on a blacklist, but you have to pay penalties and stay some days in a guarded room of the nearest immigration office.

What do you have against organized visa run? They are rarely controlled in this respect

19 hours ago, Satearn said:

Any experience about that? I was told they always let you go through?

No employee of immigration, police, bank, etc, don't let you always do anything, it depends on what mood they are in, and what rules their individual bosses have made up.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

OP - while I am, of course, sympathetic to your plight, you are not IMHO helping your cause by posting multiple topics covering more or less the same ground on here completely independent of each other.

Well...yes indeed, I'm in a panic here, and am all over the place...not meaning to do this...

1 hour ago, Honthy said:

Arrested and prosecuted

One week is not enough to put you on a blacklist, but you have to pay penalties and stay some days in a guarded room of the nearest immigration office.

What do you have against organized visa run? They are rarely controlled in this respect

I need control of the vehicle, need to rest the ears every hour or so, the decibels/hour are different for hypercacusi auditory system, my LDL is about 50db, a van at 55mph is about 65db, complicated 

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Probably not an option for the poster with this medical condition, but when you ride a bicycle to the border, you virtually never get stopped at police and military roadblocks.I have done it doesn't of times, all Thai/Cambodian border crossing and not once have I been stopped.
Another option is hitching a ride with a Thai driver,although then they sometimes stop the driver and look at me, the Farang, they have never asked to see my passport.That is very different from going with the visa border run agency van where you got checked all the time.Ban Laem is the worst with half a dozen checkpoints.On the way from Trat to Hat lek usually only 2.

Actually I was thinking about that also, how long does it take to cycle there? Can I do it in a single day? I'm in top shape apart from ears...

4 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Could he perhaps buy a cheap ticket out to somewhere, check-in for it, go through security and then immigration where he'd clear the overstay and be stamped out, and then instead of actually boarding the flight turn right around and come back in again through immigration having cleared the overstay?  I know it sounds hinky; the IO on the way back in would see the overstay and the U-turn back in.  But maybe since there's a medical condition involved (have documentation to show), the case could be made by him that he's now suddenly not feeling well enough to fly, believes his health is at risk if he does so, and has decided to postpone the flight out.   If it works, he'd get another 30d stamp.  Even if it doesn't work right off,  what's immigration now going to do with him?   He can't fly.  Are they really going to keep a provably sick person in limbo until he's miraculously cured (or dies...) right there in the terminal or what?  And what airline is going to want to board a person who can actually show that he shouldn't be flying, even if they'd certainly have preferred he made that known when checking-in?

OP:  please do NOT interpret this as a recommendation!  I'm absolutely just asking, in hopes somebody more knowledgeable can comment, even if just to say "bad idea".

To risky...

17 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Well...yes indeed, I'm in a panic here, and am all over the place...not meaning to do this...

You can't be in that much of a panic cause looks like another day has passed without you solving your situation.

hire a car yourself then you can control your speed and stay within your noise limit, get to a border, pay your overstay and hope you can get another entry.

i know I would rather put up with a few hours of pain than end up in IDC trying to find money to find a flight home with the probability of being deported.

Biking from chantaburi to the Ban pakkard border crossing about 3 hours.Or hitch a ride with a pick-up up to Pong Nam Ron.From there to the border only 25 km.Did it last week and there were two checkpoints on the way to the border.Other than a hello farang, they showed no interest in a farang riding through.Should you be so extremely unlucky and get stopped, just say you live in Chantaburi and just biking around, so you left your passport at home.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OJAS said:

Your chances of being granted an extension of stay are pretty much zero, I'd say, if you're now on overstay. For this reason I would strongly advise you not to go to your immigration office tomorrow since you would almost certainly be opening up a can of worms for yourself.

And doing a visa run by private car is also fraught with considerable risk since, if you were stopped by the BIB or army en route to the border, you would almost certainly be asked to produce your passport. And denying that you had it would almost certainly not cut any ice: whichever way you cut it there would be an extremely high chance of your finding yourself banged up.

My advice to you would be to do the visa run by air (if your health permitted this) and pay for the week's overstay at the airport. IMHO this would be the least risky course of action for you, relatively speaking.

In my experience they never ask for passport and only sometimes for license.

11 hours ago, Satearn said:

To risky...

Not that I entirely disagree, but what exactly would you say is the "risk"?  Being detained & questioned?  Perhaps, but ultimately resulting in what course of action?  Being sent to IDC?  I don't think so.  He'll have been denied entry (if that's what happens), but not be in violation of any immigration laws (since he'll have already cleared the overstay).  If it does in fact get to the point that supervisory immigration officers are involved, I'd bet they'd quickly come to the conclusion that the whole thing is just not worth their time & trouble and just give him the 30 days along with maybe some kind of warning.   Reverse the exit stamp (so he's technically "back in-country", unclear the already cleared overstay, and THEN take him to the IDC?  'Sounds like way too much work and a headache nobody would want.

10 hours ago, Satearn said:

Can I send somebody to pay my overstay at immigration on my behalf? 

The overstay cannot be paid unless you qualify to apply for an extension at an immigration office.

Some agents and etc might be able to do it for you if immigration will do an extension.

9 hours ago, SureeratTang said:

Why don't you apply for Thailand PR?

He does not even come close to being able to apply for PR and would only have 2 days to apply for it this year.

You seem to have zero knowledge about applying for PR. Perhaps look here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=residence

Haha, you think yourself so smart. I applied Thai PR myself and gain acceptance couples a years ago. All the processes was very hectic, but it was worth it. Maybe you should try one before yawning. Don't ever judge a person wether he is qualify or not, maybe he had no idea and need some advice and help.

10 minutes ago, SureeratTang said:

Haha, you think yourself so smart. I applied Thai PR myself and gain acceptance couples a years ago. All the processes was very hectic, but it was worth it. Maybe you should try one before yawning. Don't ever judge a person wether he is qualify or not, maybe he had no idea and need some advice and help.

Then why did you suggest he apply for it since it is evident he does not qualify for it.

If you read his posts you will note he is here as a tourist.

12 hours ago, Satearn said:

I read you need 3-10 million...

Whatever happened to the lawyer idea and greasing a few thousand?  Why have you not called an immigration lawyer to sort this out for you? They have connections. Everyday you sit a home, your problem gets worse. After 3 months, blacklist.

Edited by wmlc

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The overstay cannot be paid unless you qualify to apply for an extension at an immigration office.

Some agents and etc might be able to do it for you if immigration will do an extension.

Immigration told me they only grant 1 7 days extension...

2 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Immigration told me they only grant 1 7 days extension...

That is after they deny an extension application and it is 7 days to leave the country.

You would be applying for an extension for medical treatment.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is after they deny an extension application and it is 7 days to leave the country.

You would be applying for an extension for medical treatment.

2 hours ago, wmlc said:

Whatever happened to the lawyer idea and greasing a few thousand?  Why have you not called an immigration lawyer to sort this out for you? They have connections. Everyday you sit a home, your problem gets worse. After 3 months, blacklist.

I have a lawyer now, meeting him in an hour

• Like 1