Recommendation for business/casual trip

what2do

Dear forumites

First about myself: I am Chinese descendants  and grew up in US and currently working in China. My assignment will expire soon and definitely want to escape from local pollutions that China is so famous for.  I like to seek your recommendation for my future visit to Chiang Mai. I like to visit local mass producer of teas, coffee and rices or anything unique to Northern Thai region and do some online and offline export business. Apart from business I want to visit this lovely country and explore the mountains (it is safe right?).  I don't really want to join a tour or plan anything ahead until I arrive. Would it be easier for hire a local interruptor/assistant prefer someone in college (not professional commission baiters)?  I know my landing VISA is good for 30 days and I like to stay for 2 weeks.  How will be the budget like if I stay in 3 star hotel, hire college assistant (if someone can recommended one that will be great) , food and transportation?  I have visa card and union pay as well I heard they are both accepted in Thailand. Is this the case in Chiang Mai as well?

Thanks in advance 

1 minute ago, Singalongsam said:

Yes re the visa card, I don't know about Union Pay. 

The country is safe. Your English appears good, come to Chiang Mai for a vacation first. Don't rush into business. 

Thanks, I plan to visit after the Chinese Luna new year for the obviously reasons. Is corp burning season done by then or just starting?

Sure you can pop in for a couple of weeks meet with mass producers, establish on and off line export businesses netting about 1,000,000 a week. Hey, nobody has tried that before or even thought of it.

Good luck with your plastic and 3 star budget.

Thanks all, I guess I will start at Bangkok and swing over once finish with my business arrangements. As for my business I am just importing stuff to China in a small scale. Thai and China suppose to have free trade zone setup but still have to deal with annoying (don't want to use the "C" word) custom.

Archived