Bronchoscopy

guyham

I recently had a tracheotomy because of a swollen windpipe. Now it should be time to remove it, (or downsize it) but the doctors at my hospital in Udon Thani are concerned about some potential complications and suggest that I have a bronchoscopy (fiber optic pipe down the windpipe) to have a good look prior to any tracheotomy removal. I had always thought that a bronchoscopy was a common or garden procedure that was available at many hospitals and medical facilities. The doctors informed me that they knew of only two facilities in Thailand that perform this – Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospitals. This seems to me to be a bit unusual. Does anyone know of other facilities that perform this procedure.

Try PIC Pattaya International Hospital. The consultants there are very good. I would avoid Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. My personal view is that they are too intent on business and marketing and providing hotel like facilities. No doubt some people will disagree with me, but others will agree. Give PIC a ring.

I once had a bronchoscopy, when I had Lung cogestion that they were unable to remove with antibiotics. I was in surgery for four and a half hours. I always thought this procedure is to clean out your lungs. I would get tensfered to Bangkok, either Bangkok hospital, or Bumreguard, and get a second opinion. I hop[e you have insurance coverage.

Barry