Three family members dead after car hits bridge on way to hospital

webfact

Three family members dead after car hits bridge on way to hospital

a1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTALUNG: -- Three members of a family who were taking a child to hospital in Pattalung died when their car hit a bridge.

Dead at the wheel of a Toyota Vios was Sirithip Kriangpradit, 61, and behind her also deceased was her husband Nirat Kriangpradit, 61. Both were former teachers in the Kuan Kanun district.

Also dead in the car was their daughter Jaratphat, 26. But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived. He is five year old Sasiphong.

The car hit the Klong Sakhu bridge and was completely destroyed.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-30

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, captspectre said:

these current auto's made in thailand appear to be made of plastic! (including mine) any kind of accident will turn them into pretzels!

Another daily TVF jab at Thailand.  Modern cars are made from mostly aluminium with reinforced steel  frame (at least on higher end cars) worldwide to shave off weight and costs.

RIP family and the poor surviving little kid.

Edited by bkk75

Suppose it is needed for so many to be standing around, including taking photographs ???

How wonderful it would be if those, not able to contribute in any way to what has happened, showed some respect and just WERE NOT THERE !!! 

Edited by fishhooks
Spelling

40 minutes ago, captspectre said:

these current auto's made in thailand appear to be made of plastic! (including mine) any kind of accident will turn them into pretzels!

it is a built in design called crumple zones to try to absorb as much impact as possible. 

R.I.P. to the Deceased, and good luck little one, 

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Wow, that is just a disgusting post. 

What I was saying is the driver was a teacher but not have brains enough to drive at a reasonable speed ,look at the damage to the car ,and with all the family in the car you would think safety would be a concern for a non emergency,the drivers lack of brains as killed her family 

4 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

What I was saying is the driver was a teacher but not have brains enough to drive at a reasonable speed ,look at the damage to the car ,and with all the family in the car you would think safety would be a concern for a non emergency,the drivers lack of brains as killed her family 

I read what you said. 

Just now, whatproblem said:

Keep digging.

55 minutes ago, captspectre said:

I noticed the same thing here and also the large pick-up truck pretzeled between two big trucks a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It's called callous. 

It's called lack of empathy. 

It's called unnecessay. 

It's called so many things. 

if it was a Thai poster... the fact that they were teachers is important to him or her. the article writer also knows that. 

it's very important to them.  you all haven't noticed that?

let it go. 

Edited by maewang99

I can't help but wonder if a lack of proper safety equipment might have been a factor. I've noticed when I've driven rental cars in Thailand that low end mainstream cars (e.g., Honda Jazz) have no airbags. I don't want to be in a crash of any kind, but I feel a lot more vulnerable in a car without airbags. 

Edited by dundas

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

It's called callous. 

It's called lack of empathy. 

It's called unnecessay. 

It's called so many things. 

It's called use some common sense when driving ,why always rush to get to nowhere  and then sit and wait .you have a responsibility when driving to protect your passengers and the other people around .how can a supposedly upstanding member of the public ( teacher ) not think about this 

6 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

It's called use some common sense when driving ,why always rush to get to nowhere  and then sit and wait .you have a responsibility when driving to protect your passengers and the other people around .how can a supposedly upstanding member of the public ( teacher ) not think about this 

Possibly you are correct.

However the wording of your OP was disgusting. 

46 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sad and RIP. Heart seeed to be in right place. Young child requiring emergency medical attention, tense time and dangerous driving spells a recipe for tragedy.

Agreed, Not even a cobra bite warrants the speed that caused that much damage!

Enough people, there are no facts about this tragedy!

What if.....

What if a vehicle changing lanes clipped the back of their car?

Flip and roll in a second.

Just sayin

RIP and I can't tell you how sad I feel for the 5 year old

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Because he has a temperature he survived 

Wrong He did not survive because the temperature helped him Wrong grammar 

I think it is you who needs some basic grammar lessons.   Read the full sentence.

"But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived" 

The parents were taking the boy to hospital because he had a fever (and he survived the crash)

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The car hit the Klong Sakhu bridge and was completely destroyed.

The car does NOT look completely destroyed.   The front crumple zone appears to have done its job and absorbed the impact, leaving the cabin relatively intact.   My educated guess is that seatbelts were not being worn by the three adults who perished.

Oh, what a feeling.   Toyota.

Edited by Radar501

1 minute ago, laislica said:

What if.....

Just sayin

That car looks like it has gone straight into the narrow of a barrier at beginning of bridge. Hit something head on. Hence that incision look.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:
6 minutes ago, laislica said:

What if.....

Just sayin

That car looks like it has gone straight into the narrow of a barrier at beginning of bridge. Hit something head on. Hence that incision look.

OK, so What if.....

3 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I think it is you who needs some basic grammar lessons.   Read the full sentence.

"But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived" 

The parents were taking the boy to hospital because he had a fever (and he survived the crash)

The car does NOT look completely destroyed.   The front crumple zone appears to have done its job and absorbed the impact, leaving the cabin relatively intact.   My educated guess is that seatbelts were not being worn by the three adults who perished.

Oh, what a feeling.   Toyota.

So the engine/other parts is not in the cabin after that impact? Size of boy sounds like it could of been the difference? No mention of anyone flying through screen at that speed indicates to me they were wearing belts. But  no expert here.