Mother and daughter attacked and forcibly drowned in southern Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, Redline said:

You would think that one of the only benefits of the military being in control would be safety.  But, it's getting more dangerous all the way around~crime, road safety, boat safety....seems that way

Not down there......................

I hope  the  guys  are  found,  then  at  least  casterated  before  their  slap  on  the  wrist

for  their  crime,  after  all  this  is  Thailand.    I  doubt  that  much more  will be done

if  these animals  are  a  young  age

Geezer

On 30/12/2016 at 10:19 AM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

What is happening in this Country? There is so much senseless violence, raping and rampant drug use. Is there NO EDUCATION? Seems to be getting worse here.

There is no role model and a corresponding lack of moral compass  appearing to be more firmly entrenched. They have no hope of anything changing, so they revert to their basest instincts with no fear of recrimination. I believe it started with Koh Tao and down the slippery slope it inevitably went. Imagine if justice had not only been done but seen to be done. Would it have made any difference? I would offer a resounding 'Yes', much alike if corruption were dealt with other than idiot 'inactive posts'. 

Edited by dageurreotype

On 30/12/2016 at 4:46 AM, Thaiwrath said:

It's what the B.I.B are all about.... Speculation.

As are so many members of the Thai Visa Forums, and a great number of those are also negative to most things Thai.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling and punctuation

22 hours ago, Redline said:

You would think that one of the only benefits of the military being in control would be safety.  But, it's getting more dangerous all the way around~crime, road safety, boat safety....seems that way

But even the Army cannot be everywhere 24/7 nor can the police.

If you patrol one section of a road 24/7 it means that 2 other road sections have 0/7 cover.

11 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I'm gonna start carrying a gun.....................again

May I point out to you that even when you'd be Thai and had got the compulsory license to purchase and keep a firearm at your official address (//ID card), you would still not be allowed to carry, even transport, that firearm, and/or ammunition, outside your 'home' (considered as criminal acts).

Allow me to add that, even more basically, 'carrying a gun', like in public places, mostly causes a higher risk for bystanders, ...and yourself, when you are not very well trained in handling the gun, ...and not prepared to use it!

I could have had a temporary (always) and limited (most) carrying license in my home-country, but didn't, as it had become clear to me (I shot guns at least twice a week at the time, in shooting clubs) that in most cases getting a gun out will rather make violent incidents escalade further, accruing the 'damage', instead of reducing the hostility...     

That is sad..truly sad....just sickening

I really do hope that the police can apprehend the people that committed this heinous crime and make a serious effort to solve this case as this particular case is very distressing.

I would think, any of the men that attended the New Years party should be the first ones to be questioned ...and take it from there and follow up on this case with a vengeance on behalf of the woman and her young daughter.

RIP

Cheers