Lengthy criminal case against former PM Yingluck set to reach conclusion

rooster59

Being a newbie here I probably do not know as much about this as you do. I have only been connected with Thailand since the 1990s so still learning.

Rice pledging looks to me the same as just about all other countries do for their farmers. Just look at France to see it in full effect. Its called a subsidy and as the item is a commodity prices go up and down, just like petrol or gas has over the last two years

Reading up I see HE the wonderful footballer, he who knows about everything except reality! also provides a subsidy close to what was in force in 2014.

So what the hell is gong on?

As an outsider looking into my favourite country I love so much but will never visit again due to corruption. I say its an effort to discredit certain people at any cost. To others advantage who should only be in jail not command.

Sad to see so many stupid comments on here about certain people, the rest of the world seems to be saying what I think.

There is so much info on all these stories written by reputable writers but alas if no vpn you cannot read them.

But Maybe I am wrong and need to read what some of you read to get the correct facts.

Does Thailand have a little red book yet?

2 hours ago, metisdead said:

Off topic posts, inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.  The topic is about the court case regarding Yingluck's rice-pledging scheme, this topic is not an invitation to discuss past coups,  please stay on this topic.  

Some more off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

13 hours ago, baboon said:

"Its good that the verdict will be made when the junta is still in power. Then at least the judges don't have to live in fear if they convict her."

But then one could argue the judges might have to live in fear if they don't convict her...

I think you are right about the no jail time and just a fine, though.

'baboon': 'But then one could argue the judges might have to live if in fear if they do convict her...' might, IMHO,  sound more realistic, considering what has been seen from the violent militias created and financed by a close kin of this poor little Poo... 

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Its good that the verdict will be made when the junta is still in power. Then at least the judges don't have to live in fear if they convict her. Previously the PTP made known the private details of judges that when against them so that their minions could intimidate / assault them. At least now they can judge without fear of those kind of PTP tactics.. of course they might still fear repercussions if the PTP comes in power. So its not perfect but better as doing such a judgement with them in power. 

I think she will be convicted without jail-time and just a fine.. to keep everyone happy. By convicting her she can't run for PM anymore that would be useful at least. 

They can live in fear if the find her not guilty. The verdict has been pre-determined by the military.

It is okay to hijack the national government, assassinate Thai citizens and international journalists in live fire zones, rip off public funds for bogus bomb detector and submarine scams, censor broadcast and print media, and threaten banks not to participate in the previous government's rice pledging program...but being prime minister and sister of a guy they are afraid of gets amped up to litigation. And there are your priorities.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:10 AM, baboon said:

"Its good that the verdict will be made when the junta is still in power. Then at least the judges don't have to live in fear if they convict her."

But then one could argue the judges might have to live in fear if they don't convict her...

I think you are right about the no jail time and just a fine, though.

"But then one could argue the judges might have to live in fear if they don't convict her..."

I am not aware the present government has mercenaries like the red shirts and I never heard that this government or people working for them intimidate political opponents like the reds used to do..

They and their political wing should never be in power again

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

"But then one could argue the judges might have to live in fear if they don't convict her..."

I am not aware the present government has mercenaries like the red shirts and I never heard that this government or people working for them intimidate political opponents like the reds used to do..

They and their political wing should never be in power again

Why does the army need mercenaries?

You never heard that this government or people working for them intimidate political opponents like the reds used to do? Really? Honestly?