Rail progress: Bangkok commuters set to benefit from more route options in 2017

rooster59

Rail progress: Bangkok commuters set to benefit from more route options in 2017

By Sasithorn Ongdee 
The Nation

f0fbf5f420c44d2c63b4082d60d0b3a5.jpeg

Next year could turn out to be a breakthrough one for commuters travelling between Bangkok and surrounding areas by rail, as many more options look set to become available.

At the very least, the one-kilometre so-called “missing tooth”, which will link the end of the recently opened MRT Purple Line at Tao Poon station with the far end of the underground MRT Blue Line at Bang Sue station, should be in service by August.

Full story:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303195

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-01

They need to use Article "do what I tell you" and make the purple line directly link to the MoChit BTS / MRT

Going to Bang Sue , then a short ride underground to Mo Chit on another line to get to the BTS  adds too much hassle for commuters ,

Since this is going to be in use for the net 20 plus years fix it now when you have the Power

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

Read the article and I saw no mention of the Skytrain extension to Pak Nam, Samut Prakan.....  I thought it was suppose to be sped up and completed this year sometime? 

The civil construction is 100% complete for the original Samrong extension and the trains are on order for delivery in 2018 onwards. As I understand it, they will run the trains beyond Bearing to Samrong later this year and the rest when they receive enough trains. The further extension to Ban Poo will open in 2019.

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

The civil construction is 100% complete for the original Samrong extension and the trains are on order for delivery in 2018 onwards. As I understand it, they will run the trains beyond Bearing to Samrong later this year and the rest when they receive enough trains. The further extension to Ban Poo will open in 2019.

Oh, I thought the line was only going as far Kheha Samut Prakarn with no hard plans on the line after that other than "plans".  Originally it was planned to be open in 2019, but they were ordered sped up to 2017, but I gather from your comments that the  trains did not get sped up....  

They were suppose to be doing the test run for Samrong at the end of 2016 -- but contract disputes put it off until March 2017.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:32 AM, Estrada said:

The 1st phase to Bearing will open by mid year although as canuk8 rightly points out the BMA & MRTA is saying by March. I expect a delay until May...let's see.

The rest of the extension to Kheha Samut Prakhan should open by the end of 2018 though it does depend on the exact delivery dates of the new rolling stock.

On 1/3/2017 at 10:38 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

Oh, I thought the line was only going as far Kheha Samut Prakarn with no hard plans on the line after that other than "plans".  Originally it was planned to be open in 2019, but they were ordered sped up to 2017, but I gather from your comments that the  trains did not get sped up....  

They were suppose to be doing the test run for Samrong at the end of 2016 -- but contract disputes put it off until March 2017.

You are correct on all fronts.

The 7.5km 4 or 5 station extension from Samut Prakhan to Bang Poo has not even been tendered yet and won't be until this extension opens. I'd suggest it might be tendered in 2018/19 but let's wait and see as I suspect that the Silom line extension from Bang Wah to Taling Chan will take priority before this ext. 

(Refer to #508 on page 21 on this thread)

It should be noted that when work originally started on the extension in March 2012, it was due to open in full by the end of 2016 and that was a realistic timeframe. As with all BTS extensions there has been the usual 1 or 2 year delay. However, this time is is mainly because what began as an MRTA project (as it is beyond BKK city limits which ends just south of Bearing station) ended up being fobbed off to the BMA. Hence the financial & funding disputes between both.

21 hours ago, Lakegeneve said:

You are correct on all fronts.

The 7.5km 4 or 5 station extension from Samut Prakhan to Bang Poo has not even been tendered yet and won't be until this extension opens. I'd suggest it might be tendered in 2018/19 but let's wait and see as I suspect that the Silom line extension from Bang Wah to Taling Chan will take priority before this ext. 

(Refer to #508 on page 21 on this thread)

It should be noted that when work originally started on the extension in March 2012, it was due to open in full by the end of 2016 and that was a realistic timeframe. As with all BTS extensions there has been the usual 1 or 2 year delay. However, this time is is mainly because what began as an MRTA project (as it is beyond BKK city limits which ends just south of Bearing station) ended up being fobbed off to the BMA. Hence the financial & funding disputes between both.

BTS extension Samut Prakarn to Bang Poo will go ahead asap this year so that the civil works can continue as the current civil works are complete.

All set for Bidding and Contract Award this Year 2017 (107.3 km)

• BMA Gold line - (1.8 km)
  • MRT Purple line south extension - (23.6 km)
  • SRT Light Red line Salaya extension - (14 km)
  • MRT Blue line west extension - (8 km)
  • SRT Dark Red line extension - (10 km)
  • SRT Red line Missing Link extension - (25.5 km)
  • SRT Airport Rail Link extension - (21.8 km)
  • MRT Orange line west extension - (17.5 km)
  • MRT Sukhumvit line second south extension - (7 km)
  • MRT Sukhumvit line second north extension - (6.5 km)