very slow forum

fruitman

37 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

It's always slow to load. My tip start it go do the washing ect it should have loaded by then if your lucky.

That sounds like a slow internet connection. I don't have any problems.

Was slow earlier when there was a problem but good now.

I have also had similar problems, takes ages to load a page or times out yet all other internet pages are fine and load quick, just seems to be tv, always thought they had gone cheap to boost profits as it is peculiar to them on many occasions.

3 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Slowness earlier was down to issues with a malformed query from the mobile app.

issues with 3bb in Thailand going to singapore

TD

So are you working on a fix for the 3bb it is paculiar to this site only. I run 3bb iptv through Singapore no problems

I'm on AIS Fibre 50/10 and ThaiVisa has been slow for the last several days.  I run Win 10 Pro on a i7 CPU laptop and have tried Chrome, Edge, and IE....all browser act the same with ThaiVisa   One minute it's working OK on my computer, next minute it gets slow when trying to move around between the different threads/posts..  I do speedtests to domestic and international servers and the speed results are basically the same as pre-holiday speeds.   

Of the various domestic and international websites I routinely visit, ThaiVisa and Bangkok Bank have slowest issues right now.  The Bangkok Bank ibanking webpage works fine but their general public website seems to act like ThaiVisa....one minute loads fine....next minute loads slow...or the page don't completely load.   

Capture.JPG

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

@Deepinthailand - Can you add links to threads that wont open? I am not seeing any issues since the patch this morning, I have been using on DTAC and 3bb.

TD

I have just refreshed all devices using thai visa and my 3bb.  Seems to be working on all threads now on 3bb so hopefully fingers xd thank you.

I have and am still having ongoing random short/long periods of not being able to access Thai Visa for around a week (my current package is 3BB Fiber 200Mb/50Mb). Some browsers like Firefox give no reason just keep trying  and eventually succeed or time out with "page has been reset..". MS edge IE11 say word to effect "cannot find URL. Check if it is correct".  I do not think time of day is significant (although I am sure it has some bearing due to traffic) because I sometimes have not been able to access (or quickly access) very late in evening or the early hours recently (Thai time)

Now the very interesting finding I have made, is that for me, Opera using its built-in VPN (set to use Server Singapore) gets access every time and very quickly during periods that all my non-VPN Browsers cannot or do so very slowly. Increasingly I am finding other random sites that I can not access easily at times (sometimes I can sometimes I cannot). I hasten to add that none of these sites/pages are sites that one would think would be of ANY monitoring concerns to ISPs or Thai authorities.  If I set Opera's built-in VPN OFF then it behaves exactly the same as MS Edge, Firefox and IE11.

I feel it would be very interesting if those using VPN to access ThaiVisa, or those willing to test whether Opera built-in VPN accesses OK during a period when non-VPN access is very slow or not possible. I suggest setting Opera's VPN to use its Singapore server as it seems to auto use its European server otherwise which is slower due to distance).  I feel a clearer picture may then develop.

I have to wonder if the issue therefore is ISP/other monitoring/filtering is causing the slowdowns/lack of access at times (which seem to be increasing as the months go by). The peculiar thing is, that at times (even often) access is normal and fast, which I would not expect IF monitoring/filtering is part of the issue. To be honest I do not know what the cause is

I am currently testing Firefox with prefetching caches off. I know already that is NOT a solution but I have found occasionally clearing cache sometimes helped in the past.

Edited by gdhm

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I am at home on my laptop, my internet is fine, however a lot of the links will not open, just keep getting a message no data sent, can anyone advise please :) Ta.

Yes when access is problematic, even if I get into a ThaiVisa Topic  clicking on a link to another page on same Topic I get no data sent or get no activity at all, as if I had clicked a dead link (seems particularly bad when a Topic has a lot of attachments. I normally ONLY use Firefox.

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Still have threads that won't open at all then the thread below it will open straight away. So slow it's not Web specific as every other site I use is fine and quick.

Same for me. I actually reported issues opening my own Topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/957805-seeking-recommendationsadvice-on-isp-packages-andor-modemrouter-upgrades/

when I was able to open every other Topic I tried. If I did get in then during periods where my access was bad I rarely could access page 2,3 or 4 links.. I found even worse was trying to access page 4 of the above topic directly via a Firefox bookmark URL shortcut. namely:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/957805-seeking-recommendationsadvice-on-isp-packages-andor-modemrouter-upgrades/?page=4

By the way I am currently is a period of normal fast access to ThaiVisa.

Edited by gdhm

2 hours ago, gdhm said:

cannot find delete to delete this repeat post

You can't "delete" a post; only a moderator can delete/hide a post.

All you can do is go to the post you want to delete within the X-minutes allowed (30 I think) before the Edit option goes away and redact the post.  Delete all the words....maybe then just leave some words that say Deleted--Duplicate Post if you want to.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

You can't "delete" a post; only a moderator can delete/hide a post.

All you can do is go to the post you want to delete within the X-minutes allowed (30 I think) before the Edit option goes away and redact the post.  Delete all the words....maybe then just leave some words that say Deleted--Duplicate Post if you want to.

That's a shame

Thanks Pib

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

They both open for me on my mobile. Which reminds me that about a month ago all was fine on my PC - just after lots of bugs were fixed and some people started complaining about the mobile app.

Now the PC is ridiculously slow or totally failing and the mobile isn't too bad.

Could there be a link?