Screaming Panic As Fire Rains Down On Koh Phangan ‘Full Moon’ NYE Party (Video)

webfact

Screaming Panic As Fire Rains Down On Koh Phangan ‘Full Moon’ NYE Party (Video)

By Todd Ruiz, Editor -

SURAT THANI — An unknown number of tourists suffered burns and injuries when a pyrotechnic meltdown prompted panic New Year’s Eve on Koh Phangan.

Revelers screamed and ran when a fiery sign reading “Happy New Year 2017” rained fire upon them just after midnight, an incident caught in a number of videos and images posted to social media.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/01/02/screaming-panic-fire-rains-koh-phangan-full-moon-nye-party-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-02

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reached for comment, Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod of Ko Phangan police said there could not have been fireworks on New Year’s Eve as fireworks are banned.

Watching the videos, especially the last one on the Khaosod webpage, I'd say it's pretty clear there WERE fireworks/pyrotechnics at the event, notwithstanding the stupidly official comment.

"Reached for comment, Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod of Ko Phangan police said there could not have been fireworks on New Year’s Eve as fireworks are banned."

I wonder if Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod reads the Mirror?:cheesy:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/footage-shows-horror-moment-fireworks-9548397

or maybe The Sun:

"The 21-year-old Canadian tourist was pulled unconscious from the sea along with another injured woman but he later died."

"Some have even reported that locals attempted to pickpocket panicked tourists trapped in the crowd.

Emma Werthers Leeworthy said she "caught a Thai man trying to pickpocket my phone too."

"Today organizers posted a slick film of the event on Facebook which glossed over the trauma suffered by hundreds of party-goers.

An event spokesperson told The Sun that they used fewer fireworks than normal and that they are not aware of anyone being injured."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2515010/fireworks-rain-down-on-screaming-crowd-as-new-years-eve-celebrations-at-full-moon-party-in-thailand-go-horribly-wrong/

Edited by NCC1701A

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"Reached for comment, Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod of Ko Phangan police said there could not have been fireworks on New Year’s Eve as fireworks are banned."

Best bit of Thai Logic I have read for ages... :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

(well for a day or two..)

Edited by Basil B

6 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

So there is a sign saying Happy New Year 2017 , 

Wonder what that will do later on , lets go stand close to it.

Young          =         braindead!  "but I saw it on facebook last year and I didn't get burnt!"  :wai:

29 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Best bit of Thai Logic I have read for ages... :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

(well for a day or two..)

Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod

I wonder if any of these people actually live in Thailand or even inhabit Planet Earth? Their stupidity is totally incredible, they cannot be normal functioning human beings, are they mentally deficient?

Edited by Generalchaos

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It wasnt actually a full moon, so it wasnt a full moon party .

It was a NYE party

Even so, any thai Beach party

you are at risk of getting robbed, stabbed, poisened by a bucket of mushroom juice, and now burnt, wow ! what a fun place to be.

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Even so, any thai Beach party

you are at risk of getting robbed, stabbed, poisened by a bucket of mushroom juice, and now burnt, wow ! what a fun place to be.

You could say that about any beach party in the World. 

58 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I nominate  Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod  of the Ko Phangan police for PM in the up coming elections which are not happening in 2017. 

I hope you're not recommending  that he be dragged out and executed. You are in a particularly bloodthirsty mood today.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Who cares, bring on the drugs and the booze, i bet many didn't even notice that they had got burnt.

I was just stating facts .

I know that some of us state things as facts when its just something that they may think to be facts .

But I just like to stick to facts .

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Watching the videos, especially the last one on the Khaosod webpage, I'd say it's pretty clear there WERE fireworks/pyrotechnics at the event, notwithstanding the stupidly official comment.

Fireworks were banned iut of respect for the deseased king. Where were the police

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I wonder if Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod reads the Mirror?:cheesy:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/footage-shows-horror-moment-fireworks-9548397

or maybe The Sun:

"The 21-year-old Canadian tourist was pulled unconscious from the sea along with another injured woman but he later died."

"Some have even reported that locals attempted to pickpocket panicked tourists trapped in the crowd.

Emma Werthers Leeworthy said she "caught a Thai man trying to pickpocket my phone too."

"Today organizers posted a slick film of the event on Facebook which glossed over the trauma suffered by hundreds of party-goers.

An event spokesperson told The Sun that they used fewer fireworks than normal and that they are not aware of anyone being injured."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2515010/fireworks-rain-down-on-screaming-crowd-as-new-years-eve-celebrations-at-full-moon-party-in-thailand-go-horribly-wrong/

OMG and the policeman is a Lt. Col? He should be busted down to probationary idiot! Jeez, where does the RTP get these people and then promote them?

Today's young people are stupid. Just what in the hell do you expect when you come to a foreign country, get smashed or drugged, climb on each other's shoulders, mash together, have your money stolen as well as your cell phone and get groped, scream and holler, fall down and get stepped on and you call it FUN. On top of that some "person" in authority assures you that there were no Fireworks, despite what you see. There are definite benefits to being an "Oldrunner". We also had lots of fun but  we also had a great deal of common sense. If it starts to look dangerous, IT IS, get out or away.

Sorry but I had to laugh at the reactions of the stupid people there.  "Hey, what the <deleted>?"  LOL  Let's go have a wild time in a foreign land with lots of drinking and crowds, what could possibly go wrong with this brilliant plan?  I have no sympathy, sorry.