Two people shot dead after businessman takes revenge for assault on grandson in Prachuap

webfact

Two people shot dead after businessman takes revenge for assault on grandson in Prachuap

7a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- Two people are dead and many are injured after a prawn farmer and former inspector of police opened fire in retaliation for an assault on his grandson.

The case started with an argument over noise at a New Year party being held in the Kuiburi district.

It ended in a bloodbath.

Police had been called to the noisy party on Sunday where young people on work experience at the Kuiburi Withaya school were celebrating the New Year, reports Daily News.

But after officers left the noise and dancing continued prompting Buan (Tee) Suphasit to go and ask them to be quiet. He is the grandchild of Somchai Yenjai, 46, well known in the area as Sia Noi a former inspector of police operations and owner of the 'Choksrichai' prawn business.

After Buan asked for the noise to be toned down he was allegedly attacked after an argument broke out at the party.

On Monday grandfather Somchai confronted Rachen Pratpreuang (Pop), 19, the grandson of the director of Kuiburi Withaya school about the incident where Buan was allegedly assaulted.

Another argument broke out and Somchai pulled out a 9mm gun and shot Rachen in the head. He died on the way to hospital.

Nine friends of Rachen at the home of the Phu Yai Ban of Tanakrit Kaemthai 200 meters away heard the shooting and rushed to the scene on three motorbikes.

Confronted by the nine people Somchai fired at them killing one and injuring five. Pronounced dead later in hospital was the Phu Yai Ban's son Sathawut Kaemthai, 29.

Hit in the right side of the chest was Tanakrit's daughter Thipsalalee, 23. His 16 year old son Siriwat was also hit. Two men aged 17 and 20 and a 25 year old woman were also injured.

Police found many spent cartridges from a 9mm gun and a lot of blood at the scene.

Somchai the shooter escaped into the night. Police investigating have applied to the local court for a warrant for his arrest.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-04

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

well known in the area as Sia Noi a former inspector of police operations

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

the Phu Yai Ban of Tanakrit Kaemthai

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

Somchai the shooter escaped into the night.

Hmmmm....bail or no bail.....whose string is longer here?

"Police investigating have applied to the local court for a warrant for his arrest."

A bit of an over reaction from the Police here, surely the first step is to ask him to pop in for a chat at he station ( if he is not to busy with his prawns).

Definately harsh policing.

23 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

"Police investigating have applied to the local court for a warrant for his arrest."

A bit of an over reaction from the Police here, surely the first step is to ask him to pop in for a chat at he station ( if he is not to busy with his prawns).

Definately harsh policing.

They can't invite...the suspect is probably a guest in the UFO...

So if I ever get into trouble out here I'll tell the police to go away and apply for an arrest warrant.???? I think police training come from watching crime programmes such as csi.homicidal maniac on the loose and you have to get a warrant to arrest him.the police can't even play cops n robbers properly.its no surprise to me that a former police inspector turns out to be a gun totting murdering head case.

RIP Thai kids who obviously did not know who they were dealing with.

"grandchild of Somchai Yenjai, 46, well known in the area as Sia Noi a former inspector of police operations and owner of the 'Choksrichai' prawn business."

is that what his business card says?

40 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Don't worry tough measures are under way to solve the problem of trigger happiness:

• PM calls for incorporation of religious teachings to promoting a peaceful society

What is the sentence for pre-meditated murder?

have Thais always been this off-the-wall hotheaded? I asked a Thai 'lady' to follow the queuing  rules at Tops. Both she and her husband close to attacked me, chased me around the underground parking. Luckily, my wife kept saying, get int he car get in the car and lock the doors'. Banging on my car window, ironically, the man said ''you not tell Thais what to do - you bad farang go home, I have travel agency, know only good farang''.

Thank God I have a sensible wife, I have a really short fuse. Go figure.

UPDATE:

Kuiburi shooting: District chief says prawn farmer "thinks he is above the law" as third victim dies

4p.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- The Kuiburi district chief has spoken out after the shocking violence that has left three people dead and several injured.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/961819-kuiburi-shooting-district-chief-says-prawn-farmer-thinks-he-is-above-the-law/

I mentioned to my wife that the two ladies in front of us at Makro in the queue (with their three trolleys) were still bringing items to the trollies as they were cashing out, and that maybe they could have finished shopping before holding the queue up.

The two middle aged Thai ladies then started ranting and raving about how rude I was and how they didn't want my sort in Thailand, when I hadn't even been talking to them. Turns out at least one of them had lived in the UK for a while so obviously picked up the Asda/Morrisons mentality.

I suppose I was lucky that neither of them had a gun as I would be dead meat by now I'm sure. I wished them a Happy New Year, whilst others in the queue agreed they were ba ba bo bo!

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

My Thai mother in law is always warning me that so many Thai people have a very short temper and lose the plot over trivial matters. Keep reading that all too often these days.

That's a polite way of saying they are thick b@$7@80s

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

I mentioned to my wife that the two ladies in front of us at Makro in the queue (with their three trolleys) were still bringing items to the trollies as they were cashing out, and that maybe they could have finished shopping before holding the queue up.

The two middle aged Thai ladies then started ranting and raving about how rude I was and how they didn't want my sort in Thailand, when I hadn't even been talking to them. Turns out at least one of them had lived in the UK for a while so obviously picked up the Asda/Morrisons mentality.

I suppose I was lucky that neither of them had a gun as I would be dead meat by now I'm sure. I wished them a Happy New Year, whilst others in the queue agreed they were ba ba bo bo!

Wow big problem, someone is in the line for the cashier and adds some extra stuff while waiting.. I did that a few days ago. Nothing wrong with it unless it makes you wait longer (assuming the cashier is not waiting for the ladies to finish but they bring the items before this happens).

3 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

have Thais always been this off-the-wall hotheaded? I asked a Thai 'lady' to follow the queuing  rules at Tops. Both she and her husband close to attacked me, chased me around the underground parking. Luckily, my wife kept saying, get int he car get in the car and lock the doors'. Banging on my car window, ironically, the man said ''you not tell Thais what to do - you bad farang go home, I have travel agency, know only good farang''.

Thank God I have a sensible wife, I have a really short fuse. Go figure.

Similar thing happened to me at Tops.

My purchases were on the belt and there was a young female in front of me without a trolley or basket. At the checkout next to me was an older lady

with a full trolley at the end of the queue.

When the older lady saw that my checkout lady had finished serving the customer in front of the young female she pushed in front of me

and began unloading her trolley  in front of my goods.

I protested to them and the cashier only to be shouted at in Thai.

I took the easy out and barged my way ahead of them leaving my goods on the belt and left the store for the staff to return them to the shelves. 

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Saying 'he lost the plot' would be an understatement.

Mental !

That is unknown; when attacked by a 19 year old I'd use a 9mm too; if I had one . Then for darn sure if nine more confronted me I'd hope I had enough bullets. I'd tend to think the old guy was saving himself from a beatdown Thai style.

2 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

Similar thing happened to me at Tops.

My purchases were on the belt and there was a young female in front of me without a trolley or basket. At the checkout next to me was an older lady

with a full trolley at the end of the queue.

When the older lady saw that my checkout lady had finished serving the customer in front of the young female she pushed in front of me

and began unloading her trolley  in front of my goods.

I protested to them and the cashier only to be shouted at in Thai.

I took the easy out and barged my way ahead of them leaving my goods on the belt and left the store for the staff to return them to the shelves. 

Sadly the only way to respond to xenophobia and a dreadfully misplaced self entitlement is to fight fire with fire. If these inbreds want to show the manners, class and style of a gutter pig then they should not be shocked or in anyway surprised when others do the same to them. 

Well done i say, you kept your moral high ground whilst they just opened up and showed what they really are made of.

12 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

All they had to do was turn down the noise....selfish di*ks I hope they now listen in the future....

Surely you mean selfish dead dikhe*ds. Great idea cardinablue. Turn the music down or I kill you. That's the world we want to live in. If your selfish you die.

"I hope they now listen in the future...." ??????????????????????????????????????? They are dead mate. fk me!!!!!!!!

This is the second shooting incidents involving people playing loud music annoying the neighbors. The last one only about 3 weeks ago I think. This guy just walked across the street to the restuarant facing his residence and started shooting the owner and the daughter and one customer as well, they all died.

I thought people with their car engine running and fumes coming into my house makes me more angry than the music. Do I need to shoot them to teach them a lesson? I just shoot them in the legs (with small calibre pistol or may be a airpistol).

If I talked to them I may be the victim of the shooting, isn't that what happened in Thailand, you go to complain and they shoot you, so why not you shoot first talk later. Like this guy I mentioned above, he was cool, he walked into the restaurant and started shooting, no talking, he knew what he was doing.(he is Thai) That is teaching all the Thais not to play music too loud.

On 03/01/2017 at 6:19 PM, clockman said:

Nice peace loving, Buddhists!

Buddha said, "the right index finger should be chopped off to prevent any more shooting- if the culprit is right handed" Or if you are found with illegal firearms your index finger should be chopped off to prevent future shooting. You are given 30 days to surrender your weapons to the nearest police station failure to do so means you will have one finger less.

Archived