A different view of Digital (Pikeys) Nomads and Nimman

mamborobert

Came across this post/thread in Reddit....still running hot.

I always thought the Nomad scene here was largely incestuous or verging on sybiotic parasitism (am I hiding my true feelings well?)

Anyhow for your viewing pleasure a non retiree/non expat/etc insiders view on Nomads in Nimman

https://www.reddit.com/r/digitalnomad/comments/5lkf2i/chiang_mai_reviewed_by_a_skeptic/

200 baht for scrambled eggs/toast and a coffee, ha-ha, a fool and his money are quickly parted.

I can get the same in Pattaya for 84baht but okay often a bit more than that.

Digital normads, eh, I must assume its some kind of modern hippie life style.

I think I stick to my current oil off-shore job, thank you very much.

55 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

Not to mention proctology. :)

David

Never had an interest in the Proctocolgy side of things.

Strangely enough I have maintained a lifelong interest in Gynaecology, it is still  something I enjoy looking in to.

They are young and in their 20's , they think they can get rich fast by just living cheap in Thailand. Most of them are just lazy in my opinion . 

I also work as a freelancer , with a customer base back in my home country , but I made sure that I already had a business there before I moved to Thailand.

Now I can do some easy online work from home  and don't have to talk to anyone here about it . It takes me 2-3 hours daily .

All this digital nomad hype is ridiculous .  Let's meet and find a plan , great, only in your dreams . 

• 2 weeks later...

A rather disturbing  view of the alleged behaviour of two digital nomads in CM.  This whole scene getting promoted in CM is a worry to me.....it is a magnet for predatory individuals as well as the naive, and that is never a good combo.

https://entrepreneurs.maqtoob.com/the-dark-side-of-digital-nomad-life-going-beyond-bad-guru-techniques-bae32869a19#.f220xlvit

I have yet to meet a true digital nomad who really supports him/her-self independently from their work or their entrepreneurial activities where location does not matter one bit. Almost all of them I met were really living in some way off Mom and Dad either via inheritance or some other way and calling it research. To me they seemed to be itinerants who wandered from moon party to moon party.

23 hours ago, mamborobert said:

A rather disturbing  view of the alleged behaviour of two digital nomads in CM.  This whole scene getting promoted in CM is a worry to me.....it is a magnet for predatory individuals as well as the naive, and that is never a good combo.

https://entrepreneurs.maqtoob.com/the-dark-side-of-digital-nomad-life-going-beyond-bad-guru-techniques-bae32869a19#.f220xlvit

These two are scum and need arresting fast.

Archived