Russian tourist killed in Pattaya, crushed by tour bus

webfact

19 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

It may be how they drive in Thailand but its against the law.

Land Traffic Act

traffic rules

Section 44 (500B)
A driver who wishes to overtake or pass another vehicle in the roadway with no traffic lane mark shall use sound signals loud enough to let the driver who is driving the vehicle in front know of his intention and, after the driver of the vehicle in front gives a responding signal pursuant to Section 37 c. or Section 38 c.(left blinker or corresponding hand signal), may proceed to overtake.

[When overtaking, the driver shall overtake from the right side, keep safe distance, and return to the left-hand side lane promptly.]

Only yesterday me & her indoors were out and about, a Westerner on a motorcycle in front of us, too busy looking left and right at bars, restaurants etc, looking everywhere except where he was going or who or what was around him, an accident waiting to happen. And then, as we were heading back home on a dead straight road, a white car decided to overtake us, then lo and behold 50 metres later he turns left, we had to slow down to let him make his painfully slow left turn, why do they do it ?? Some people are brain dead from the waist up.   

23 hours ago, chasntong said:

It may be how they drive in Thailand but its against the law.

Land Traffic Act

traffic rules

Section 44 (500B)
A driver who wishes to overtake or pass another vehicle in the roadway with no traffic lane mark shall use sound signals loud enough to let the driver who is driving the vehicle in front know of his intention and, after the driver of the vehicle in front gives a responding signal pursuant to Section 37 c. or Section 38 c.(left blinker or corresponding hand signal), may proceed to overtake.

[When overtaking, the driver shall overtake from the right side, keep safe distance, and return to the left-hand side lane promptly.]

I doubt if the majority of Thai drivers have even read it , to be honest if the majority of them ,especially m/bike riders had brains made out of gunpowder they wouldnt blow their hats off.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:47 PM, roo860 said:

Been plenty of cyclists killed in London doing the same.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

The report suggests, that he was overtaken by the bus which then unexpectedly and suddenly turned left, in which case the driver should face serious charges. Some London cyclists have been killed by turning left and on the inside of trucks, with full knowledge of the truck's intension to turn left. Really not the same thing and not a comparable situation in any way.

The report suggests, that he was overtaken by the bus which then unexpectedly and suddenly turned left, in which case the driver should face serious charges. Some London cyclists have been killed by turning left and on the inside of trucks, with full knowledge of the truck's intension to turn left. Really not the same thing and not a comparable situation in any way.

So they asked them when they were dead if they had full knowledge of the situation. I understand now why the Met police employ mediums.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I was born in 1952.  Started riding and dirt racing motorcycles at 13 years old.  Always rode street bikes continuously until I retired in Thailand almost 3 years ago.  Also built/modified and raced some sports cars on and off over the years.  Spent a year in combat in Vietnam.

The point is often "friends" are surprised and ask me why I don't drive a "bike" (love the new 800 "Kawis") or car in Thailand.  My response is always the same, "I'm afraid."

Sometimes I think, get over it.   You're an expert driver, just get a "bike."  Then I take the bhat bus down from Naklua to downtown.  And everyday, more and more, I find myself thinking, these are some of the bravest people I've ever seen.

And I'm just a coward... :unsure:

14 hours ago, joeyg said:
I was born in 1952.  Started riding and dirt racing motorcycles at 13 years old.  Always rode street bikes continuously until I retired in Thailand almost 3 years ago.  Also built/modified and raced some sports cars on and off over the years.  Spent a year in combat in Vietnam.

The point is often "friends" are surprised and ask me why I don't drive a "bike" (love the new 800 "Kawis") or car in Thailand.  My response is always the same, "I'm afraid."

Sometimes I think, get over it.   You're an expert driver, just get a "bike."  Then I take the bhat bus down from Naklua to downtown.  And everyday, more and more, I find myself thinking, these are some of the bravest people I've ever seen.

I love motorbikes, here and in my home country, it's just here I would like an extra eye grafted in my arse, to give me that "edge".! Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

12 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

It is what it is here.....We can teach,propose instruct all we like......

rule no1.........If a vehicle is bigger than you,then he has right of way!

Indeed.  However, I've been hit twice as a pedestrianon Soi Buakhao by motorcycles I'll skip the details.  Fortunately no serious injury.   Also two very near misses, by motorcycles going the wrong way on Second road at full speed over the past month or so.  Could have been bad.  The mistake was mine there as i didn't look North.  On coming traffic only comes from the South, usually.

I just try to stay out of the road as much as possible and no unnecessary traveling. Always, walking against the flow of traffic is essential.  

I see groups of, especially guys one particular ethnic nationality, walking, with the flow of traffic, in the middle of the road on Soi Buakhao 3 to 4 together side by side often holding hands.  I think what can they possilby be thinking. And. Thank God for "The Process of Natural Selection.

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

Indeed.  However, I've been hit twice as a pedestrianon Soi Buakhao by motorcycles I'll skip the details.  Fortunately no serious injury.   Also two very near misses, by motorcycles going the wrong way on Second road at full speed over the past month or so.  Could have been bad.  The mistake was mine there as i didn't look North.  On coming traffic only comes from the South, usually.

I just try to stay out of the road as much as possible and no unnecessary traveling. Always, walking against the flow of traffic is essential.  

I see groups of, especially guys one particular ethnic nationality, walking, with the flow of traffic, in the middle of the road on Soi Buakhao 3 to 4 together side by side often holding hands.  I think what can they possilby be thinking. And. Thank God for "The Process of Natural Selection.

Thanks for the real time traffic report.Or should i say 'not on the ground' report..:cheesy:....

Yeah..Not looking north on 2nd rd can be a real bummer.Walking against the flow good idea too

Are you saying 4 guys holding hands in the middle of soi buakhao?...Reveal the nationality please!

Don't worry about being labelled racist!....It's nothing of the sort...just an observation!

Edited by Nasrullah

2 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Thanks for the real time traffic report.Or should i say 'not on the ground' report..:cheesy:....

Yeah..Not looking north on 2nd rd can be a real bummer.Walking against the flow good idea too

Are you saying 4 guys holding hands in the middle of soi buakhao?...Reveal the nationality please!

Don't worry about being labelled racist!....It's nothing of the sort...just an observation!

Take a guess.  Objectively, demographically from your observations....

20 hours ago, roo860 said:
22 hours ago, joeyg said:

I love motorbikes, here and in my home country, it's just here I would like an extra eye grafted in my arse, to give me that "edge".! Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Soi Buakhao has many ladyboy bars........That 'edge could be arranged:sick:

4 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

So many idiots in pattaya but i'll say indians?.......

Correct on both counts!!! Yes Pattaya has more idiots than anywhere in the universe. Annnnnnnd yes Indians is the correct answer. And you are our grand prize winner!!!!

8 minutes ago, joeyg said:

No actually I'm missing the joke?  What is the edge can can be arranged?

Ok you asked for it!!!!

Roo860 would like another eye in his ass so he can see behind him while riding ....

I suggested a trip to a ladyboy bar where this could be arranged.........sweet home Alabummer....:wink:

He'll have an 'edge'......but may feel rough around the edges for a few days

Edited by Nasrullah