Truly HORRIBLE AIS 1-2-Call

Mangostin

Someone might remember this topic here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/934997-new-scam-from-ais-1-2call/#comment-11008746, well, it has taken till last month to being able to restart using the phone normally.

I thought this mess would have been over by now, since i could restart transferring my balance, from one handset to the other as normal, but guess what?

These geniuses managed to block the service AGAIN!

Obviously, it wasn't enough for them, to create all the inconveniences i had to go through, because of THEIR mistake, it had to happen again, and you know why?

Because despite being using this typical company since 2003, this is the way they appreciate a continuous custom : "...excuse me Sil, we change the agleement, it's up to AIS and we don't have to tell you filst...."

Fluck hem, i am not going to take anymore of their monkey business, it's over, TIT 

Don't feel too bad. I registered my True SIM card at the local True office four times and four time they shut off my service even though calls to True told me not to worry because my card was registered. The last time I registered at an AIS shop and it was OK after that. I also used True for my Internet. One day the Internet just stopped. True denied having any problems and told me my equipment was the problem. To make a long story short,  I told them that my equipment works just fine with AIS. I now use AIS. AIS is by no means perfect but at least my Internet works and I only had to register my card once. You may be jumping out of the pan and into the fire.

Ohh well, i honestly couldn't believe my ears when the operator at 1175, told me that they decided to change the rules, without feeling any needs to at least have the decency to let me know about it, it's a truly bizarre experience, last month i was so relieved that i could transfer the balance from one handset to the other again, they had me waiting those compulsory 3 months again, before i could return to a normal service, but today, again, it stopped with no warnings whatsoever, what a joke!

In 3 days i am going to be with DTAC, i really hope that i wouldn't fall again victim of an irresponsible and cheating way to do business.

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

With the advent of MNP years ago there really is no reason to stick with a service provider which does not meet your requirements, certainly not ~ 13 years.

You can't really predict when the standards will start falling apart completely, now that the time has come, it hasn't really taken that long, really, being told that basically they can do everything they want without even telling  you, was the last straw, what a bunch of messed up people have they become....just stay away from AIS, or you know what to expect

Anyway, maybe they started recruiting on their management (that's if there is one, as every time you ask for one, they tell you that there are NO MANAGERS), the same people that see you as a nuisance when you start purchasing more than a single product, have you noticed how sometime, if any given product has a cost of, let's say 10 bahts, if you buy a box of 10, instead of getting charged 100 bahts, or less, they actually charge you 150 bahts (this is just an example)???

I have seen it countless times, where is the logic in that? Maybe because if you can afford to buy more, then you must to be rich so you should pay more, or what? That's something that still really baffles me after so long 

...and NO, there were no special offers, it is really the way it works, buy more, pay more

I have another True story. I had my True phone number for a number of years. I wanted to keep my number and transfer it to AIS. Telewhiz told me, no problem. It WAS a problem. It was a long drawn out problem. I had registered my True SIM card five times and ended up going to the large True office in Pattaya for an explanation. True finally straightened the problem out and transfered my number to AIS. I lost the 384 baht credit I had on the True SIM card but since I got the number transfered I decided that I wanted no more hassle and let True keep the money. It was a happy day when I cut my True SIM cards in half and threw them away.

The SIM that I used for the Internet was postpaid. My wife went to the local True office to cancel that account. She was told that they couldn't cancel the account. I went to the True office  and made an ass out of myself. I told the guy that my wife got the account from that office and she should be able to cancel it there. I called him a f'ing moron before my wife grabbed me by the arm and led me out of the shop. She ended up driving 50 kilometers to a large shop to cancel the account. They charged her an extra month to cancel.

11 hours ago, Mangostin said:

Ohh well, i honestly couldn't believe my ears when the operator at 1175, told me that they decided to change the rules, without feeling any needs to at least have the decency to let me know about it, it's a truly bizarre experience, last month i was so relieved that i could transfer the balance from one handset to the other again, they had me waiting those compulsory 3 months again, before i could return to a normal service, but today, again, it stopped with no warnings whatsoever, what a joke!

In 3 days i am going to be with DTAC, i really hope that i wouldn't fall again victim of an irresponsible and cheating way to do business.

I considered Dtac and have a registered Dtac SIM in one of my phones. I like their service but unfortunately their Internet coverage out here in the boonies is very slow. That left AIS and just recently they have 4G here. 

13 hours ago, Gary A said:

You may be jumping out of the pan and into the fire.

Well put!

During a moment of madness during the 2011 floods (long story) I switched our company's corporate account from AIS to TRUE against the advice of my staff.

It was an unmitigated disaster that took months to rectify. We eventually managed get the numbers ported back to AIS. My staff thought (correctly) that I was a complete idiot. 

There would have to be no other choice before I would use TRUE again.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Their market share is holding steady at ~ 44% so one could argue they must be doing some things right?

http://www.yozzo.com/news-and-information/mvno-mobile-operator-s/mobile-market-shares-thailand-2016

Fully understand the need to move on, but never understood the need to try and get others who may be happy to do the same?

Mobile-Market-Share-Thailand-2016-medium.png

Maybe the 13 years of custom, of which the first 3, intermittently, should have suggested to someone that perhaps this was the right till recently, but once a company decide to not to care anymore about their services or products, surely it would be very STUPID to keep continuing using them, because they previously provided a good service?

I am not arguing that there are not stupid people in this world, and especially this forum it's certainly proof that there is no shortages of them...

Somehow this reminds me, of those people that get an amulet on their neck or car, and think that they no need to care anymore about the dangers to which a living thing it's subject, there was an article here sometime ago, just about that, a public figure warning the general public that those amulets would not give you super powers or immortality, always worth to remember (for some) :biggrin:

What a crusade! :shock1:

I use AIS (prepaid) since a decade or more (on holiday and now as an expat).

I live in the sticks.

It still has the best coverage upcountry/outside the centers.

(I have experienced True and dtac when fiddling with internet aircards in the past).

Domestic calls, international calls without noticeable problems.

SMS from banks (OTP) etc. without problems.

Internet is smooth and fast enough for streaming videos etc.

(I use it sporadically when on the road booking a respecting 3G package)

Edited by Sunak

3 minutes ago, Sunak said:

What a crusade! :shock1:

Right, so, let me ask to you, if you don't mind, let's say that all of a sudden you are denied part of the service you paid and agreed for, it can be anything and also the crappier than krapp company can not necessarily be AIS as in this case, so, you can't receive anymore incoming calls, you call the customer service, and they just tell you that they stopped it because they can do whatever they want and without feel even the need to tell you first, as this is basically what it's happening here.

What an intelligent user as you would do? Just say "that's okay, please do whatever you want with me, again and again!", is this what you are trying to imply?

Just asking and curious to know the prospective from another user of this forum...

14 hours ago, Mangostin said:

Ive just ported my number from DTAC (10+ years) to AIS

DTAC are ok in built up areas, but terrible once you get in the countryside

You have only one choice and that is to vote via your wallet. You change providers. A couple of years ago AIS was taking money from my credit to renew a package that I didn't know I had. I called them each month they took out money. Finally they charged me 20 baht to cancel the package. I threw away the SIM card and jumped out of the pot into the fire by changing to True. That turned out to be a total disaster.  I have never had a problem with Dtac except that their Internet coverage isn't good. All three providers call services are OK. I do think all three have many different schemes designed to keep users confused. Nothing is simple or easy to understand.

If you’re using 13-years AIS one-2-call I have to say that I have a completely different experience. Because I have used my One-2-call number for also 13-years, I’m a Serenade Gold or Platinum member (never sure), but I almost never have to wait long for service when I enter a AIS shop, I get birthday presents, and if I call for service I always helped, called back within 15 minutes and never had a problem….

The biggest problem I ever had was that I needed a police report, because I lost one of my AIS SIM’s (that is apparently a new government rule) and I had a annoying time explaining to the police officer why I lost the SIM but still had my telephone… I had the idea that the police officer was thinking of a AIS SIM in Credit-Card size… While I use NanoSIMs and swap them often as I travel around in Asia...

31 minutes ago, Richard-BKK said:

I have to say that I have a completely different experience.

Well, if you read all the posts carefully, you will see that i had a very different experience too in the past, but that lasted just until last year, because now, they'll just do whatever they like and without even letting you know about it, you'll only find out when you'll get into a problem, and then they will simply tell to you something which basically means, it's all your problem as we do whatever we like....but no worries, as you'll always find people ready to accept this and even more, no matter what :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Well, if you read all the posts carefully, you will see that i had a very different experience too in the past, but that lasted just until last year, because now, they'll just do whatever they like and without even letting you know about it, you'll only find out when you'll get into a problem, and then they will simply tell to you something which basically means, it's all your problem as we do whatever we like....but no worries, as you'll always find people ready to accept this and even more, no matter what :cheesy:

Am I right in thinking that this is all over transferring 293b? Aside from the 1st topic about this 293b you havent yet stated another issue?

Has anyone ever had a minus credit with AIS? topped up 50 baht last week and only got 31 baht, they said the account was in debit, not sure how as normally can't use it when the credit runs to zero. Went in the shop 2 in front taking half an hour each when it was our turn we were there half an hour as well, one excuse after another. In the end they said they could not really check but stuck by the minus credit explanation.

4 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

Am I right in thinking that this is all over transferring 293b? Aside from the 1st topic about this 293b you havent yet stated another issue?

Nope, you are completely wrong, and you could understand it by yourself if you simply tried to understand even the last post you were quoting....you should work for AIS, really:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Nope, you are completely wrong, and you could understand it by yourself if you simply tried to understand even the last post you were quoting....you should work for AIS, really:laugh:

Ok, here's your post that I quoted;

Its a rant! theres no detail! here's my take:

AIS changed some aspect of their terms of service, didn't tell you beforehand and you got cut off - Is that it?

What reason did they give you for cutting your service?

What prevented you from resolving the problem and getting your service back?

I dumped DTAC after 2 road trips up country; a year ago around Kanchanaburi, and last month all around the north - DTAC had virtually no data service at any national parks, in fact mostly no signal at all.  AIS did.  So I had to buy an AIS sim to have phone service.

In Bangkok they're both comparable, so switching makes sense for when i do venture outta the city.

Anyway, whatever, I hope you're happier with DTAC

I'm sorry to read about the OP's issue with AIS 1-2-Call - I've had a pay-as-you-go sim for the past 8 years. As I rarely use much credit, I have had the 'validity expire' a few times, meaning I have to top up. I've found the staff at the AIS stores very helpful and there's always someone who speaks English. The last time I went was way back when they started needing scans of customer's passports.  Can't the OP's  issue be fixed with a simple trip to a store? They should be able to do things like transfer balances from one number to the other if you go to the store. I've never tried to do this, though. 
One tip about validity that I did get from the guy in the store is that if you go to those stand-alone phone credit machines, you get 30 days per top up regardless of the amount. Instead of putting on 100, 200 or 300 baht, you can just top up the minimum, 10 baht plus 2 baht fee a few times to get longer validity.  

On 1/5/2017 at 10:04 PM, Gary A said:

Don't feel too bad. I registered my True SIM card at the local True office four times and four time they shut off my service even though calls to True told me not to worry because my card was registered. The last time I registered at an AIS shop and it was OK after that. I also used True for my Internet. One day the Internet just stopped. True denied having any problems and told me my equipment was the problem. To make a long story short,  I told them that my equipment works just fine with AIS. I now use AIS. AIS is by no means perfect but at least my Internet works and I only had to register my card once. You may be jumping out of the pan and into the fire.

It's odd how inconsistent companies can be - 'into the fire' is a good analogy. I've had True internet and home phone line for the past nine years and it's never just stopped but I have had connectivity issues. I just called up the help line and they sent a technician, he identified  the source of the problem as being the wifi router. He explained that routers don't last forever, especially when they overheat, and that you can swap it for free in the True store for a new one. I did this and the problem was solved. It's weird how True staff all over the country aren't trained to give the same advice, very inconsistent. Obviously this doesn't help you as you've moved already but it does show how True lose customers just because of bad advice. 

59 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

Ok, here's your post that I quoted;

Its a rant! theres no detail! here's my take:

AIS changed some aspect of their terms of service, didn't tell you beforehand and you got cut off - Is that it?

What reason did they give you for cutting your service?

What prevented you from resolving the problem and getting your service back?

You are willing to understand, but you are not trying hard enough, just read it again and again till you will finally make sense of it, then when you are satisfied, just read it a couple more times to be sure, as the answers  for all your questions, are all contained into the post that you keep quoting :laugh:....thanks

32 minutes ago, jadee said:

The last time I went was way back when they started needing scans of customer's passports.  Can't the OP's  issue be fixed with a simple trip to a store? 

Yes same here, despite having being a customer for such a long time, they threatened to shut down the number if another copy of the passport wasn't provided, despite all the previous times that they had already been collected for a variety of different reason, they are really sick to the bone with this mania of wanting to collect copies of someone ID's and signatures over and over, like those guys at the immo, that even if you have been here 100 years into the same place without ever moving out, they still ask you to report every 90 days, what's that total madness all about???

And no, several trips did NOT fix the issue, just back today after having being told that my previous trip hasn't achieved anything, even if i had been there hours with my passport, SIM cards and signed papers all over with the guarantee the service would have been terminated and transferred to the new operator in 3 days time.....hopeless monkAIS!!! 

34 minutes ago, jadee said:

lose customers just because of bad advice. 

Yes i agree, it's like an epidemic, and what makes things even worse, is the fact that they couldn't care less and accept a business failure as a supernatural occurrence which is unavoidable....unbelievable!

This is simply a result of not wanting to allow people from other cultures to integrate, because as they officially tried to justify their silly silly rule "they cannot compete".....what a joke!

1 hour ago, Mangostin said:

You are willing to understand, but you are not trying hard enough, just read it again and again till you will finally make sense of it, then when you are satisfied, just read it a couple more times to be sure, as the answers  for all your questions, are all contained into the post that you keep quoting :laugh:....thanks

Well, if you're as concise as this when you deal with them on the phone/in the branch there's little wonder you didn't resolve it.

Oh wait!! there's been a development...... as I'm writing this you've replied to another poster with what may be the details I seek?!

"Yes same here, despite having being a customer for such a long time, they threatened to shut down the number if another copy of the passport wasn't provided, despite all the previous times that they had already been collected...."

So did you, when the SIM registration requirement for all foreigners was announced, register this SIM within the timeframe, OR did you assume that because you've been a long term customer, the requirement to register your passport (AGAIN) didn't apply to you?

?

9 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

may be the details I seek?

The details you seek are still where i repeatedly told you they are.

11 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

did you assume that because you've been a long term customer, the requirement to register your passport (AGAIN) didn't apply to you?

That would have more to do with you than with me, as i seem to understand the rules of their company more than their own employees and supervisors i have dealt with...