Border Crossing

I would be grateful for some advice, I'm from the U.k & entered Thailand with a SETV, after the two months had passed I went to immigration & extended it for another month, this will take me up to around the 27th January 2017,  I was planning on going to Penang & applying for another two months visa around the 20th January, I already have my flight booked for the 11th March, was wondering whether it would be possible to do a border run (in & out) & then extend this for a further month, I don't have any back to back visa runs in my passport & have been using METV for the last 4 years without extending, staying for roughly 4-5 months without any problems.

I was thinking this would be a lot less hassle & also much cheaper, I will take proof of flight & maybe 20,000 baht to be on the safe side.

Thanks In advance.....

Baz

P.s the border that I always go to is near Satun (Khuan Don) border...... 

Edited by baz69er

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

You should have no problem doing an in/out border hop (not all crossings) for a 30 day visa exempt entry, which can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office for 1,900 baht.

I think I read on the internet that you are allowed two times a year & am I right that they lifted the 2 weeks to a month again for land border crossings, I need to be 100% as i will be riding my bike there & don't want to be stuck in Malaysia & my bike being left in Thailand.....

Thanks for your reply.....

2 hours ago, baz69er said:

I think I read on the internet that you are allowed two times a year & am I right that they lifted the 2 weeks to a month again for land border crossings, I need to be 100% as i will be riding my bike there & don't want to be stuck in Malaysia & my bike being left in Thailand.....

Thanks for your reply.....

• They have limited the number of land border entries to two per year from the January 1st 2017.
  • As a Brit you would have qualified for 30 days before the changes, but they have increased the countries that were limited to 15 to 30 days too from January 1st.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • They have limited the number of land border entries to two per year from the January 1st 2017.
  • As a Brit you would have qualified for 30 days before the changes, but they have increased the countries that were limited to 15 to 30 days too from January 1st.

I read on another post that you had replied to & saw about this & also an update on land border entries etc, thanks for you advice....

Cheers

Baz

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my in & out border run which I did last Friday, on my return to immigration, he flicked through my passport & asked where was my Visa in which I replied that I had initially entered the country on a SETV & then extended it at Krabi Immigration, he then showed me an A4 sized paper with the new regulations on, that was also on the wall, I explained to him that I knew about this & this was my first time this year, he said not to come back again & go to Laos or Malaysia etc, I told him I wouldn't be returning & that I had already booked my flight home on the 11th March, he spoke to the other Immigration officer & then told me he would let my through this time but not to return again, wasn't asked for proof of flight details or funds (which I had 20,000 baht) on me just in case, I was obviously apologetic & he stamped my passport & said have a nice day, this is the first time I have had any problems &  was shitting myself a bit, my passport didn't have any land  border crossings in it, just METV for the last 3-4 years, I don't think I will be doing it again.........

Baz