Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

if this is the biggest thing people have to get upset about then they have pretty good lives.

yea the act was wrong but dont blow it out of proportion.

far better to demand action from the minister of transport  who seems to be smiling and comfortably holding onto his job seemingly oblivious to the carnage and death around him.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

No, no, no! A couple of Thais did not respect their foreign environment on that occasion. Don't generalize like that! A couple of Poms mess up in Bangkok does not make all Poms bad. I agree that jail time for a flag thing is overkill, just boot them out, fair enough. 

Do you actually know what nationality a POM refers to

Bangkok, January 9 - Two Italian tourists aged 18 and 20 were arrested on Monday in Krabi, southern Thailand, for allegedly pulling down Thai flags in the town centre and throwing them on the ground, police sources told ANSA. They could face up to two years in prison for desecrating Thailand's national flag. The sources said the pair, who were made to apologize in a video, will appear before a military court in the city of Surat Thani. The case is being followed by the Italian embassy in Bangkok, which has contacted the families.

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/english/227630/two-italians-arrested-for-pulling-down-thai-flags.html

Sorry had to let you see this one.

Two Italian boys will be appear before a military court in the city of Surat Thani !

Is Italy at war with Thailand?

Madness!!!!

31 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Nope.

They DO speak german, not a dialect, many refuse to speak the language of the country they now belongs to, for historic's reasons, and there is also an ethnic minority which speak its own language (not a dialect), called "ladin" 

Sort of sounded like Arnold Schwarzenegger...maybe after several drinks too many.....like you know what I mean.......lol

Edited by gemguy

2 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

So you didn't write this then? What is it supposed to mean if that's not what you wrote the rest of the post was about telling people to say as they please about any other country if it makes them feel better!! And that's supposed to mean?. Actions have consequences even for kids (which there not by the way) if you say there only kids therefore implying it's ok do as you please no consequences. How else am I supposed to read your post?

Yes i wrote that and i am also still convinced of that.

If you read back what YOU wrote to me, you will see that you suggested something that i never said, exactly as you are doing now, as i have never said or even thought that these kind of action should go unpunished, i am only trying to balance this totally insane thirst for fresh blood with some more moderated views.

If you still find difficulties please get back to me and i'll try to help the way i can, i am not an expert in anger management by any means, but for the worst cases TV should start to supply some sort of straitjackets for the uneasy fingers

6 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Lolz ...before you were denying the very existence of such as thing, now you are trying to educate me using the link/information I gave to you?

What was it you said again: " No one in the UK has ever said anything of the kind and to do so would be a blatant falsehood. "

You need educating if you have to rely on events from the 19th century to support your case

Its a rather different world out there now my man

18 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

If you read back what YOU wrote to me, you will see that you suggested something that i never said, exactly as you are doing now, as i have never said or even thought that these kind of action should go unpunished, i am only trying to balance this totally insane thirst for fresh blood with some more moderated views.

If you still find difficulties please get back to me and i'll try to help the way i can, i am not an expert in anger management by any means, but for the worst cases TV should start to supply some sort of straitjackets for the uneasy fingers

Why are you now trying g to justify quite wrongly what you said and implied.  And your sarcastic coment at the end is this to get others to laugh? Not funny but hey . Kids are under aged adults these pair where and are adults 18 and 20. I can see there is no point trying to have a debate with you as you just justify your origional statement as something completely diffrent from what was written. I agree tv should also ban blinkers as it scews people's rationale 

Edited by Deepinthailand

9 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You need educating if you have to rely on events from the 19th century to support your case

Its a rather different world out there now my man

You're confusing me with Yogi, I never mentioned the 19 century.

Edited by onthesoi

16 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Lolz ...before you were denying the very existence of such as thing, now you are trying to educate me using the link/information I gave to you?

What was it you said again: " No one in the UK has ever said anything of the kind and to do so would be a blatant falsehood. "

And I'm Yogi100 or Yogi for short. Who is Lolz?

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

Be real, you've never seen it and I've never seen it. So the likelihood of seeing such a poster no longer exists or to split hairs it is not in existence. It would be illegal to do so even if people still needed to take in lodgers.

I've never seen Pluto either but I'm pretty sure it exists..

I'm guessing you missed my pps?

19 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Why are you now trying g to justify quite wrongly what you said and implied.  And your sarcastic coment at the end is this to get others to laugh? Not funny but hey . Kids are under aged adults these pair where and are adults 18 and 20. I can see there is no point trying to have a debate with you as you just justify your origional statement as something completely diffrent from what was written. I agree tv should also ban blinkers as it sews people's rationale 

3 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Your confusing me with Yogi, I never mentioned the 19 century.

The poster going by the name of 'onthesoi' introduced the 19th century into the equation by quoting it from an entry in Wikipedia. It was only because he had introduced it that I mentioned it as I felt it was no longer relevant to what we are discussing now in 2016, oops 2017.

39 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Thanks for the link, Wilsonandson, this just confirmed my suspects :

"- Bangkok, January 9 - Two Italian tourists aged 18 and 20 were arrested on Monday in Krabi, southern Thailand, for allegedly pulling down Thai flags in the town centre and throwing them on the ground, "

So, for the thai law, these two people are still under-ages = kids , i wonder if Deepinthailand would keep going on to affirm the contrary, despite all the evidences....probably yes! :biggrin:

40 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Actions have consequences even for kids (which there not by the way) 

6 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You posted the initial notice I do believe, If I am incorrect I know you will correct me

Yogi informed you it was of 19th century vintage, I simple mentioned this fact in my post

In fairness to bring it up to date somewhat, there was a mass influx in the then industrial area of Sheffield UK about 40 years ago

The amount of disturbances led to many Pub Landlords and Landladies displaying notices to the effect, No Travellers Allowed

This would not be legal now of course

You should read all the information in the link I posted & not rely on the inaccurate 2nd hand information provided by Yogi ...the link provides the entire history of the subject including examples all the way up to the 21st century. 

However it's a matter of public record that these signs existed in the UK up until the 60s/70s.

Edited by onthesoi

9 hours ago, cmsally said:

Seriously looking at that, a lot of tourists would not be aware that they were Thai flags. For starters they are hanging the wrong way around and to anyone else apart from a Thai , probably look like shopping mall decoration.

Thats BS....They new what they were doing...Smart ass's....Bummer their not in Singapore,where they would  get a few wacks of the cane!

15 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why are you now trying g to justify quite wrongly what you said and implied.  And your sarcastic coment at the end is this to get others to laugh? Not funny but hey . Kids are under aged adults these pair where and are adults 18 and 20. I can see there is no point trying to have a debate with you as you just justify your origional statement as something completely diffrent from what was written. I agree tv should also ban blinkers as it scews people's rationale 

As i correctly previously supposed, you are unable to differentiate an adult by a kid in Thailand, please be very careful and think about the whole trouble this simple mistake can cause to your own life....and i am telling you in a friendly way to avoid you all the possible mess that can arise from not understanding it.

Editing your previous posts in a way to hijack the conversation in your favour, it's also a not very correct thing to do, but i guess we can't expect anything less from you, sir?

4 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

You should read all the information in the link I posted & not rely on the inaccurate 2nd hand information provided by Yogi ...the link provides the entire history of the subject including examples all the way up to the 21st century. 

However it's a matter of public record that these signs existed in the UK up until the 60s/70s.

Actually I was going on those net curtains, now they are definately 19th century

2 minutes ago, Lannig said:

Guys... stop mentioning Singapore, please.

Most TV members wouldn't last long before getting in serious trouble there. Is this a place you'd really like to live in?

Damn right I would, unfortunately my financial situation precludes it , not to mention my former activities and apperances before the beak

3 minutes ago, 6thST said:

Thats BS....They new what they were doing...Smart ass's....Bummer their not in Singapore,where they would  get a few wacks of the cane!

How would a few kids, coming in holiday to this place, probably for their very own first time, be aware of all the laws that constantly keep changing, if even an adult and reasonably informed resident from a long time, find hard to keep pace with???? :blink:

18 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Thanks for the link, Wilsonandson, this just confirmed my suspects :

"- Bangkok, January 9 - Two Italian tourists aged 18 and 20 were arrested on Monday in Krabi, southern Thailand, for allegedly pulling down Thai flags in the town centre and throwing them on the ground, "

So, for the thai law, these two people are still under-ages = kids , i wonder if Deepinthailand would keep going on to affirm the contrary, despite all the evidences....probably yes! :biggrin:

If you could be bothered to read posts I said 28 and 20 they are consenting adults end off. Goodbye troller

11 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Thanks for that, I did not think I had you confused with Yogi, whatever made you think I had

13 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

As i correctly previously supposed, you are unable to differentiate an adult by a kid in Thailand, please be very careful and think about the whole trouble this simple mistake can cause to your own life....and i am telling you in a friendly way to avoid you all the possible mess that can arise from not understanding it.

Editing your previous posts in a way to hijack the conversation in your favour, it's also a not very correct thing to do, but i guess we can't expect anything less from you, sir?

18 and 20 are adults please do not presume to lecture me on the finer points of adulthood.  I did not edit any of my posts I don't need to edit to hijack any posts if you can not see what you wrote and implied that's your problem not mine but what else can we expect from you. 

35 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

I've never seen Pluto either but I'm pretty sure it exists..

I'm guessing you missed my pps?

Those signs don't. They did at one time but not now so in actuality they no longer exist. It's nothing to do with Pluto.

What are your pps?

6 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

If you could be bothered to read posts I said 28 and 20 they are consenting adults end off. Goodbye troller

37 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

these pair where and are adults 18 and 20. I can see there is no point trying to have a debate with you 

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is Deepinthailand for you, i am not adding anything else or judgements of any kinds , as it wouldn't be fair from me, it's all really self explanatory and you can make up your own mind about it   :clap2: