Trump hits back at Meryl Streep, calls actress 'overrated'

snoop1130

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Yes, it makes them look like idiot followers for following a messiah idiot.

Dumb and dumber.

I thought this was about Trump and Streep, not what type of person has a differing opinion to yourself, or who follows who.  Have you ever heard of the word, civility?  If not, please look it up and please use some.  And yes, like you I have gone off topic but not to denigrate you, just to ask you to stick to the topic and show civility to others, as you would like them to show to you.  And please have a good night. :wai:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I thought this was about Trump and Streep, not what type of person has a differing opinion to yourself, or who follows who.  Have you ever heard of the word, civility?  If not, please look it up and please use some.  And yes, like you I have gone off topic but not to denigrate you, just to ask you to stick to the topic and show civility to others, as you would like them to show to you.  And please have a good night. :wai:

I apologize for questioning the intelligence of Trump supporters. It's just it's very difficult for me to comprehend how American voters are able to support and vote for such a habitual liar and to use a variation of your word,  a denigrator, of so many sections of society.

Is education that bad in the US?

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

<snip>

And yes she won the popular vote but under the democratic system in the USA, it does not mean anything.

Shouldn't that be "under the electoral system......?"

Surely for the system to be truly democratic the person with the most votes should become president?

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Shouldn't that be "under the electoral system......?"

Surely for the system to be truly democratic the person with the most votes should become president?

Whatever,  its the way the Yanks operate their system and it's been working for a very long time.  Everyone was happy with it up until now and they still refer to it as being democratic, so who am I to argue.:wai:

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, snoop1130 said:

Streep had turned an acceptance speech at Sunday's Golden Globe awards into a blistering attack on Trump. "This instinct to humiliate when it's modelled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life," she said.

"This instinct to humiliate when it's modelled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life," she said.

It's an attitude  that has to be denounced and fought, and Merryl Streep nailed exactly what makes Trump  odious to those ( and they are many) who care for at least some human values and respect.

Merryl Streep has the courage to  speak out publicly .

6 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That and an opponent who was a far worse choice.

I see your back to your deflections and trolling.   The discussion is about any choice, it's about what an actress said to the PEOTUS.    His response, like yours, was nothing more than a deflection.   He attacks her acting because he can't justify his comments.   

He is a total embarrassment.   

5 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Whether she is a great actor or not, she does have a right to an opinion but when she express it, then those with opposing views have the right to reply, without others denigrating them

But all of you opposing her view are denigrating her. Why not just oppose her VIEW all I have seen are the Trump supporters slagging her off. She made comment about Trump ridiculing a disabled reporter. Spin it as much as you like, it is TRUE, so much so that anyone on this forum linking to fake sites trying to persuade us it is not true will face suspension. Trump ridiculed a disabled reporter and Streep made comment on that as is her right. Why do you all slag her off?

But all of you opposing her view are denigrating her. Why not just oppose her VIEW all I have seen are the Trump supporters slagging her off. She made comment about Trump ridiculing a disabled reporter. Spin it as much as you like, it is TRUE, so much so that anyone on this forum linking to fake sites trying to persuade us it is not true will face suspension. Trump ridiculed a disabled reporter and Streep made comment on that as is her right. Why do you all slag her off?

She made that speech at an awards ceremony for US actresses.

If she has an opinion then there are other means to do that. Shameful and an embarrassment.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

But all of you opposing her view are denigrating her. Why not just oppose her VIEW all I have seen are the Trump supporters slagging her off.

Not true at all. Why do you constantly attribute one person's opinion to everyone that you disagree with? I think she is an excellent actor and said so. It is her idiotic political opinions that do not interest me. Sean Penn is in the same category.

5 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not true at all. Why do you constantly attribute one person's opinion to everyone that you disagree with? I think she is an excellent actor and said so. It is her idiotic political opinions that do not interest me. Sean Penn is in the same category.

Now Sean Penn really is overrated!

2 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Watched it from 1:40, how many of these films should we know?

And are we supposed to know who that is on the video? Better get Graham Norton!

Of Streeps'movies you should at least know The Deer Hunter, Kramer vs Kramer, Karen Silkwood, Sophie's Choice

9 hours ago, Opl said:

"This instinct to humiliate when it's modelled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life," she said.

It's an attitude  that has to be denounced and fought, and Merryl Streep nailed exactly what makes Trump  odious to those ( and they are many) who care for at least some human values and respect.

Merryl Streep has the courage to  speak out publicly .

When asked by The Hollywood Reporter in August 2015 if there are any actresses that he loves, Trump praised the Florence Foster Jenkins star. “Julia Roberts is terrific, and many others. Meryl Streep is excellent; she’s a fine person, too,” he said. Not any more it appears.

Interesting take on his thin skin, most concerned about the reporter not highlighting his score, when in fact, they weren't keeping score.

FWIW, he is a notorious cheat, as are other famous people, at golf.

LESSONS FROM PLAYING GOLF WITH TRUMP

He wasn’t upset that one of the article’s illustrations had been of a golf ball wearing a turf toupee that looked a lot like his deeply mysterious hair, or that I’d mentioned his asking two little girls at Mar-a-Lago if they wanted to be supermodels when they grew up, or that I’d described nearly tipping him five dollars after momentarily mistaking him for his club’s parking-lot attendant, or that I’d written that he’d introduced one of his club’s members to me not by name but as “the richest guy in Germany.” He was upset that I hadn’t written that he’d shot 71—a very good golf score, one stroke under par.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/lessons-from-playing-golf-with-trump

14 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

When asked by The Hollywood Reporter in August 2015 if there are any actresses that he loves, Trump praised the Florence Foster Jenkins star. “Julia Roberts is terrific, and many others. Meryl Streep is excellent; she’s a fine person, too,” he said. Not any more it appears.

Not sure why anyone cares what an actor thinks. They're someone paid to spend their entire life being people they're not

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

That and an opponent who was a far worse choice.

More deflection.  How about reply directly to the members post?

At this point, not so sure Hillary would have been a worse choice.  As you know, I didn't like either of them.

6 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

She made that speech at an awards ceremony for US actresses.

If she has an opinion then there are other means to do that. Shameful and an embarrassment.

If you know anything about awards ceremonies, many have been used as platforms for politically oriented speeches.  Meryl's is spot on.  She's a highly respected, and awarded, actress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/02/22/13-times-oscar-speeches-got-political/?utm_term=.f7fa444d8b11

If you know anything about awards ceremonies, many have been used as platforms for politically oriented speeches.  Meryl's is spot on.  She's a highly respected, and awarded, actress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/02/22/13-times-oscar-speeches-got-political/?utm_term=.f7fa444d8b11

You mean she WAS a highly respected actress....

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes, agreed that many have been used in that manner but does that make it right? Maybe she's spot on in you eyes but others have differing opinions so why can't you respect theirs or is it because you believe you're always right, that others are not. Don't forget, the world is still looking for the perfect man.:wai: