Road Rage Kills Innocent Motorcyclist

webfact

Road Rage Kills Innocent Motorcyclist

by CityNews

%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87%E0%

CityNews – A pickup truck, two cars and a motorcycle had a collision leading to the death of a motorbike driver.

On the morning of January 8th the police were informed of an accident on the 2nd Ring Road, San Pee Seua Sub-District. Police found 22-year-old Natthapong Norinchai, the pickup truck driver, waiting at the scene.

Natthapong said that he was driving his pickup truck from Meechok Intersection headed to Chiang Mai City Hall when another pickup truck cut in front of his vehicle. 

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/road-rage-kills-innocent-motorcyclist/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-01-10

Angry, he followed the pickup truck and sped up in chase. Upon reaching San Pee Seua Sub-District, the other truck had pulled ahead of him and was in front of two white cars. Unable to catch up, he crashed into the two white cars, one of which crashed into the motorbike, instantly killing Raywat Boonrak, 18 the motorbike driver .

Yup that's the right thing to do if you can't catch him...just crash into some other cars, mai pen lai.

Now pay 5000 baht and off you go matey.

It will be interesting to see what the punishment is when this guy goes through the justice system. There are so many horrific road accidents though this one will probably be forgotten about and there may be no follow up in the media. 

1 hour ago, waldroj said:

"...Angry, he followed the pickup truck and sped up in chase..." - just as well he didn't have a gun !!!

What this should drive home to fellow 2 wheel riders is that the fickle finger of fate awaits all and sundry.

The rider who died could well have been the most experienced, alert, safety conscious ,law abiding ,suited up with all the bells and whistles regarding protection and life saving gear and still wammo..gone in a flash.

A split second between the two bikes shown..one is dead and the other?.. nothing except a huge fright i would say.

Fate?? luck?? 

As for the pick up driver...just another nut behind the wheel!

Edited by garryjohns

Almost certainly the reason he was undertaking in the first place is because there were people cruising in the fast lane when the middle/left lanes were available (e.g. the car at the very back is going slower than the car in front, and the middle lane is available). Not shifting the blame, but if people drove in the correct lane then aggressive idiots wouldn't have the opportunity to mess up in this particular way.

37 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Almost certainly the reason he was undertaking in the first place is because there were people cruising in the fast lane when the middle/left lanes were available (e.g. the car at the very back is going slower than the car in front, and the middle lane is available). Not shifting the blame, but if people drove in the correct lane then aggressive idiots wouldn't have the opportunity to mess up in this particular way.

Bizarre hypothesis... good luck with that. The kid on the motorbike died because a 22 year-old in a pickup lost face when another pickup driver, probably of a similar juvenile mentality cut him up and he gave chase, played 'shoot the gap' and lost. It doesn't matter if other cars were going too slow in the outer lanes, these 2 pickups were going way too fast for any lane.

Police arrested Natthapong on causing death or grievous injury by reckless driving.

Result!

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bizarre hypothesis... good luck with that.

played 'shoot the gap' and lost. It doesn't matter if other cars were going too slow in the outer lanes,

The hypothesis is that there wouldn't have been a gap to shoot for if other people drove in the correct lane. It is not rocket science.

26 minutes ago, taotoo said:

The hypothesis is that there wouldn't have been a gap to shoot for if other people drove in the correct lane. It is not rocket science.

No it's not rocket science, neither is it a reasonable hypothesis, it's:

rationalization

raʃ(ə)n(ə)lʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: rationalisation
  1. 1.
    the action of attempting to explain or justify behaviour or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

A reasonable hypothesis would be that at some time his uncontrolled rage, translated into reckless driving, was going to result in a catastrophe.

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, garryjohns said:

What this should drive home to fellow 2 wheel riders is that the fickle finger of fate awaits all and sundry.

The rider who died could well have been the most experienced, alert, safety conscious ,law abiding ,suited up with all the bells and whistles regarding protection and life saving gear and still wammo..gone in a flash.

A split second between the two bikes shown..one is dead and the other?.. nothing except a huge fright i would say.

Fate?? luck?? 

As for the pick up driver...just another nut behind the wheel!

This is typical of the all too frequent incidents, on Thailands roads, that the "defensive" supermen prefer to leave out of their calculations.

why was this guy riding his motorcycle in traffic??? It's dangerous!!!  I wasn't on that road because it's very dangerous to be on the roads here.  

if i was the driver, i would have stopped.  if the truck driver, i would have called the police and got 100 cars to drive slow around me for protection.  

remember that you all could die in 11 minutes...do you have a will??

make puukao beneficiary.  I'm not leaving the basement.  mom!!!!!!

I drive this area all the time, and these idiots, on a daily and hourly basis, try to create and shoot through gaps at very high speeds. I can almost NEVER do a school run and back w/o someone doing this to me ..or trying to.  There is a lot of traffic now ...I just can't believe the risks they take with my life.  It is hard to plan for them, because they come on you at very high speeds ...just like that video!!

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

rationalization

raʃ(ə)n(ə)lʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of attempting to explain or justify behaviour or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

A reasonable hypothesis would be that at some time his uncontrolled rage, translated into reckless driving, was going to result in a catastrophe.

You can only rationalise when your dealing with people with a modicum of common sense. Here, it's impossible.

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

rationalization

raʃ(ə)n(ə)lʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.

Incidents have several causes (see accident reports). If the only issue was uncontrolled rage then there would be no need for traffic rules etc.

It's absurd that you think I'm shifting the blame from the guy in question to other drivers. In fact I specifically stated that I wasn't. My point was that if other drivers behaved then the opportunity for incidents to occur in this particular fashion would be reduced - I didn't say that he wouldn't have crashed into anyone one way or another, nor that he wasn't an idiot.

3 hours ago, taotoo said:

Incidents have several causes (see accident reports). If the only issue was uncontrolled rage then there would be no need for traffic rules etc.

It's absurd that you think I'm shifting the blame from the guy in question to other drivers. In fact I specifically stated that I wasn't. My point was that if other drivers behaved then the opportunity for incidents to occur in this particular fashion would be reduced - I didn't say that he wouldn't have crashed into anyone one way or another, nor that he wasn't an idiot.

Ok, so how do you know there isn't a right hand turn, or u-turn coming up? 

Actually, now that I look at the video, I can see more of what happen....the right most lane is ending, so the car to his right was merging while the truck was trying split the lane, this was never going to end well.

Edited by ocddave

Location of accident, right out front of a motorcycle dealership. The barrier looks like a temporary one, it would normally be used for a U-Turn I believe.

GPS Coordinates:  18.840892, 98.998020

Edited by ocddave

On 1/10/2017 at 11:04 AM, webfact said:

CityNews – A pickup truck, two cars and a motorcycle had a collision leading to the death of a motorbike driver.

bad odds of survival for the poor person on the motorcycle......pickup truck, two cars and a motorcycle collision 

21 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

bad odds of survival for the poor person on the motorcycle......pickup truck, two cars and a motorcycle collision 

It really should read differently, like "CityNews - Aggressive pickup driver chases down another aggressive pickup driver so as not to lose face, ramming two innocent car drivers in the process, then killing an innocent motorcycle operator"

19 minutes ago, ocddave said:

It really should read differently, like "CityNews - Aggressive pickup driver chases down another aggressive pickup driver so as not to lose face, ramming two innocent car drivers in the process, then killing an innocent motorcycle operator"

I agree

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, taotoo said:

It's not any kind of science, it's just absurd speculation.