Minibus to Mae Sai recommendations

CaitlinHappyMeal

Hi, I usually use poochailee near 3 kings monument of a minibus to Mae Sai but they have not been open or answering phone for a few days, I really need to go in the next couple of days so I'm wanting other recommendations, it might be a stretch too far but preferable one where the drivers are not maniacs? 

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

The best way to Maesai is with the Green bus company at Arcade bus station. VIP service is the most comfortable , big seat, toilet and refreshments. This is also the safest way. I don't know anybody who would consider going in a minibus.

Thanks so much for this suggestion, have booked already, much appreciated. 

7 hours ago, passingas said:

Yes....for your own safety....try GreenBus...they have quite a few buses going there every day. You couldn't pay me to ride in one of those suicide vans...but to each, their own, eh?   Good luck!

+1

Much too dangerous. We haven't taken a mini-van in 3-4 years now - and never will again.

I’ve done the minivan to Mae Sai once, and it was cramped as hell (I’m of normal size).

Also, the place where the driver decided to stop (for what felt like half an hour) was one of those places selling dried snacks to tourists arriving in busses. Either he got a kickback or he was just clueless about what would have been a proper stop. A 7-Eleven would have made for a better stop, not to mention the dozens of food markets we must have passed.

I remember a few years ago travelling up to Mae Sai in a green bus.  The weather was pretty wet from Doi Saket thru to Chiang Rai.  While we were going over Doi Saket we counted at least 6 mini vans that had gone off road due to their excellent driving habits.

As most people say..... steer/stare well clear of these wanna be Formula One drivers.  They are dangerous.