The fickle finger of fate when riding.

garryjohns

I am not a high skilled scooter rider so am very cautious at all times .

Yesterday i was riding in the rain fairly slow and suddenly i heard an weird sound coming from behind me and then a huge bang and pieces of debris was hitting my back and flying past me.

I stopped my bike and looked back and this car has been overtaking another car and spun out and has come very fast into a electric pole and splattered everywhere.

Missed me by split second i would say.

I figure that is as the headline says about the fickle-finger

So close  but missed me.

Scary now when i look at this video.

I could have gone the same way as that guy and without being in the wrong at all as he was.

Dangerous activity. Still amazes me that I am still alive, some of the close calls I have had. Here in LOS - excepting front end washouts on sand, and hitting the ditch on the way to Pai when a Vigo passed uphill on a curve, been lucky. But an 800 buck helmet, dress like the Michelin man, then put on a suit of armor, and when Joe Bonehead hits you, game over.

I only use scoot locally,  would find another way to get about if l was in a busy town rather than tempt fate but many people choose to run the gauntlet as l call it.

Feel much safer on a big bike you find your own space of road and keep clear easier. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I only use scoot locally,  would find another way to get about if l was in a busy town rather than tempt fate but many people choose to run the gauntlet as l call it.

Feel much safer on a big bike you find your own space of road and keep clear easier. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The guy in the video could well have been only using the scoot locally,and could well also have been on a big bike finding his own space and still copped it.

This is what i was implying when i said " the fickle finger of fate" awaits all...you can find yourself in a situation where you have absolutely no say in whether or not live or die at that point of time.

Just reality IMO.

14 hours ago, garryjohns said:

The guy in the video could well have been only using the scoot locally

I'm not criticizing just making a point. 

Don't know what you ride or your experience or where you live my point is l wouldn't be on a scoot on a road like the one in the vid.

On a big bike you wouldn't stay in amongst or be near that traffic. 

At the end of the day most just get on with life and when your numbers up it's up and there's nowt you can do about it. :smile:

Edited by Kwasaki