To declare, or not to, declare-relocating to Thai

DjSiN

I've searched and searched but there seems to be no definitive answer.

scenario is this- fill shipping container in Australia with our material items, leather lounge, leather bed, 12month old fridge, my whole studio of gear, microphones, headphones, iMac, laptop, music keyboards, pa equipment including speakers and studio monitors, boxes of our clothes, a shit ton of car parts a couple push bikes etc etc. 

is it really just hit n miss with customs and their charges? If we list every item are they gonna in most cases take our word for it and just take a guess on the fees?

my lady friend is a returning Thai, so will ship it in her name I guess. The music equipment is for making an income, so I have been told there would only be 10% on this stuff? 

Or or do u just go to hell with it, tell em stuff all about what's in the boxes and risk it.?  I'd like to hear from peeps who have been thru this and their experiences, if u had a win then how.? If u don't want to share on a public forum please PM me.

it just seems ludacrous to pay for YOUR belongings a second time, w t hell! 

Or or do u just sell everything and save the headache and buy once in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, DjSiN said:

my lady friend is a returning Thai, so will ship it in her name I guess.

That's absolutely necessary to save taxes.

She will have to proof that she has lived abroad for at least 12 months.

Then is allowed to return with "used personal effects".

There is a detailed list of allowed/disallowed stuff.

Best you contact a professional shipment company for the latest update.

A professional shipper will not accept a container without a detailed packing list for customs.

A professional shipper will have a handling agent in Thailand who can deal with customs and try to get the stuff through for the lowest cost.

The handling agent will also manage the transport to your house.

No need to be at the port personally (except if big headache is coming up, container opened, surprises found).

There have been many similar threads.

Maybe I come back with some findings.

Attached you find shipment info for Thailand from 2010 (!).

Don't rely that there were no changes.

Updated version is not easily available.

But it will give you a pretty good idea what to expect.

Thailand customs info 2010.pdf

Awesome!! Thank u very much, this is the type of info I need, yes she's been here for 8years. We are not married. 

So just her name solely? Not joint? There's no trust issues, I just want to be involved if sh!t hits the fan.

I really would avoid putting your name anywhere Thai customs can see it, any sniff of a farang and the $$$ signs can start spinning.

Just put it in her name, if the s--t hits the fan for any reason she's in a much better position to fix it (she's Thai).