Muslim girls must attend mixed swim class - European rights court

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Based upon numerous posts in various sub forums of TVF, you could be describing the average farang living in Thailand!

Not at all, though it would describe the average Burmese, Loatian and Cambodian living in Thailand.

Westerners in Thailand are coming from countries of higher GDP and greater political freedom. They are not here for brazen economic exploitation of conditions superior to those in their own country, and not clamouring for special cultural rights. Nor (unless they marry a Thai, which is an entirely different issue) are they and their offspring aiming to settle for perpetuity with full citizenship.  Visa rules wouldn't allow it anyway, and rightly so.

Not sure why proponents of immigration always fail to acknowledge and address the issue of 'brazen economic exploitation'.

1 hour ago, ddavidovsky said:

Not at all, though it would describe the average Burmese, Loatian and Cambodian living in Thailand.

Westerners in Thailand are coming from countries of higher GDP and greater political freedom. They are not here for brazen economic exploitation of conditions superior to those in their own country, and not clamouring for special cultural rights. Nor (unless they marry a Thai, which is an entirely different issue) are they and their offspring aiming to settle for perpetuity with full citizenship.  Visa rules wouldn't allow it anyway, and rightly so.

Not sure why proponents of immigration always fail to acknowledge and address the issue of 'brazen economic exploitation'.

All of which is off topic. If you wish to commence a dialogue which yet again rehashes the pro & cons why not start a topic in "Out of the Box". As a starter you may like to discuss the current proposed EU initiatives as well as accessing government published statistics as a baseline rather than opinions e.g....

https://ec.europa.eu/priorities/sites/beta-political/files/2-years-on-migration_en.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/priorities/migration_en

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics

http://frontex.europa.eu/news/frontex-publishes-risk-analysis-for-2016-NQuBFv

Edited by simple1

15 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

There are many Muslim schools & colleges in the UK.

Many colleges having been closed down as no students were attending. Just an excuse to issue education visas to immigrants who otherwise would not be allowed to enter the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

According to the UK School Web Index there are 98 Muslim schools and colleges in England, 1 Muslim school in Wales and none in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Most Muslim schools are independent, but there are a few state ones; from Wikipedia

In 2011, about one third of the 20,000 state funded schools in England were faith schools,[9] approximately 7,000 in total, of which 68% were Church of England schools and 30% were Roman Catholic. There were 42 Jewish, 12 Muslim, 3 Sikh and 1 Hindu faith schools.[1]

There was an historical problem with bogus colleges sponsoring bogus student visa applications: not just for Muslims, people of many nationalities, ethnicities and faiths.

One of the most high-profile cases of a bogus college is the East London–based Cambridge College of Learning, which sold several thousand fake postgraduate diplomas in business management and IT, charging between £2,500 and £4,000 for each qualification. Immigration officials became suspicious about the college – which is unconnected to Cambridge University – after the Home Office received 2,542 applications for post-study visas in a period of two months. When the UK Border Agency subsequently raided the premises in December 2008 they discovered just three classrooms and eleven desks. Students registered with the college were told that their visas were invalid and that they must return home.

(Source: Wikipedia)

It is now much harder to obtain a study visa for the UK, for starters the applicant must have a secured place at an educational establishment which is on the Home Office's approved list.

Tier 4 (General) student visa

Tier 4 (Child) student visa

Obtaining a UK work visa is also much harder than in the past; Tier 2 (General) visa.

But this is a topic about Muslim girls and swimming lessons in Switzerland; we seem to have wandered a long way from that.

7 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:
21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Based upon numerous posts in various sub forums of TVF, you could be describing the average farang living in Thailand!

Which does not address your original comment to which my post was a response;

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, ddavidovsky said:

Underlying this debate, as always, is the breathtaking sense of entitlement of foreigners who happily parasitize all those centuries of hard work that their hosts spent in building up their culture and economy - they simply don't give history any thought at all.

There are many posts all over TVF critical of, derogatory about and sneering at the Thai way of doing things; comparing the Thai way with their home country and how we farang do things so much better.

BTW, why do you think that my wife and stepdaughter should not, once qualified, have been able to apply for and eventually be granted British citizenship?

7 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

What do you mean by 'brazen economic exploitation?' As far as the UK is concerned, the immigration rules do not allow such.

But we are wandering way off topic here; if you want to discuss this further, and learn something about the UK immigration rules and requirements, maybe you should follow simple1's suggestion and start a topic in Outside the Box.

20 hours ago, Canceraid said:

I really think that all non-muslim countries should stop entertaining the special requirements of these muslims and if they do not like it, ask them to go back home. Mosques and also muslim schools should not be allowed in non-muslim countries until Saudia Arabi allows Churches, temples etc to be built. Destroy all existing mosques and muslim schools and ask these muslims to go back home.

Yes, some countries are not as tolerant of religions other than the state one as others are.

But why do people like you want to use that as an excuse to do the same?

We in Europe now have religious freedom; but it was not always the case. Protestants burning Catholics, Catholics burning Protestants, both persecuting and burning Jews etc.

My father fought in a war against a regime who did as you suggest; only their target was Jews, not Muslims. Do you really want to bring that persecution and it's final solution back to Europe?

Edited by 7by7

I really think that all non-muslim countries should stop entertaining the special requirements of these muslims and if they do not like it, ask them to go back home. Mosques and also muslim schools should not be allowed in non-muslim countries until Saudia Arabi allows Churches, temples etc to be built. Destroy all existing mosques and muslim schools and ask these muslims to go back home.

You are talking complete rubbish, I have a very good friend from London who I served alongside in the British army he is a Muslim as is the rest of his family and as he was born in London I consider him as English as I am
Where exactly would you suggest that he be sent home to?
Only the prospect of a ban prevents me from using more colourful language to emphasise what I think of your stupid comment

OK, off topic, but we do seem to have wandered away from the OP!

From yesterday's Manchester Evening News

The suspect is described as a male of Arab appearance, aged in his 30s, about 5ft9ins, with facial hair and a non-British accent. He was wearing a green hooded jacket.

"Bloody Muslims again!" some would cry.

But

A Met Police spokesman said: “Police were called to an address in King Street, Hammersmith, at 9.30pm on Friday, January 6, to reports that a woman had been assaulted by an unknown man.

“The suspect approached the victim, who was aged in her 40s and wearing a hijab, making islamophobic comments. He then assaulted her by spitting at her face.

Muslim woman spat at and racially abused during business trip to London

Islamaphobic crimes are on the increase in the UK, and that's not according to what some would call the 'left wing, luvvie media.' from last January's Daily Mail; Islamophobic hate crimes in London have nearly doubled in the last two years as Muslims say they are 'very conscious of keeping your head down'

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, 7by7 said:

When a baker systematically serves men before women, when small shops are replaced by Islamic bookstores and when "fashion" stores only display integral veils, it's a no go zone for women ( and this is the case for some streets Inside Paris also)   

French women who have been effectively banned from cafés and bars in certain 'no-go' suburbs in the country are fighting back. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4032680/Undercover-footage-reveals-no-zones-women-France-s-majority-Muslim-suburbs.html#ixzz4VjzIwAro

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/742883/Immigration-French-women-protests-take-back-streets-Muslim-majority-areas-France-Paris

Edited by Opl

10 minutes ago, Opl said:

When a baker systematically serves men before women, when small shops are replaced by Islamic bookstores and fashion stores no longer decline in their showcases except the very limited range of the integral veil, it's a no go zone for women ( and this is the case for some streets Inside Paris also)   

French women who have been effectively banned from cafés and bars in certain 'no-go' suburbs in the country are fighting back. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4032680/Undercover-footage-reveals-no-zones-women-France-s-majority-Muslim-suburbs.html#ixzz4VjzIwAro

That report is about establishments and individuals who are, as far as I am aware, breaking French law. One has to wonder why those effected don't report them to the appropriate French authorities.

It goes the other way, too. Remember the recent, widely reported case of a Paris restaurant which refused to serve two Muslim women?

As the links in my post show; there are no Muslim controlled no go zones in France where, as you previously claimed, Sharia law controls the populace.

34 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

That report is about establishments and individuals who are, as far as I am aware, breaking French law. One has to wonder why those effected don't report them to the appropriate French authorities.

It goes the other way, too. Remember the recent, widely reported case of a Paris restaurant which refused to serve two Muslim women?

As the links in my post show; there are no Muslim controlled no go zones in France where, as you previously claimed, Sharia law controls the populace.

I live in France, and I have given my opinion about the guy owning a restaurant in a suburban city where the majority oh the inhabitants are of muslim culture or origines, and about the burkini also

There is a very interesting article - but only in french ( entre bobos et barbus)  - that explains what it means for a non muslim woman,  to live in Paris in a street ( Morand / Timbaud ) where there is a salafist  mosque - but it would be out of topic.  

Edited by Opl