Cop Denies Involvement in Love Triangle Kidnap-Murder

webfact

Cop Denies Involvement in Love Triangle Kidnap-Murder

By  Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

KIDNAPPING.jpg

Police believe Suphaksorn Pontaisong, at far left, was kidnapped and murdered on the orders of Col. Amnuay Pongsawat, at center. Both were romantically involved with Kannika Krumrum, at right, who is also a suspect in Suphaksorn's disappearance.

BANGKOK — A police station chief was being questioned Wednesday for allegedly ordering the kidnapping and possible murder of a woman in Bangkok last month with whom he was romantically involved.

Col. Amnuay Pongsawat, who commanded the Banpong Police Station in Ratchaburi province, turned himself in hours after a warrant was issued for his arrest Tuesday night. The 59-year-old colonel denied all allegations, according to the police station chief assigned to the case.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/01/11/cop-denies-involvement-love-triangle-kidnap-murder/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-11

4 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

I'm very confused. That is all.

It's not really all that confusing. An older man (59) fancies a younger woman (39) who fancies an even younger woman (Tom 28).

The older man is jealous and orders his girlfriend's "boy friend" to be abducted and eliminated.

6 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

Is the even younger woman actually a woman?

Yes, she is a Thai lesbian( a 'Tom' )  who likes the company of a Thai woman, in this story at least.

Some women prefer the company of another woman instead of a 59 year old man (in this story anyway)

Edited by ratcatcher

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

It's not really all that confusing. An older man (59) fancies a younger woman (39) who fancies an even younger woman (Tom 28).

The older man is jealous and orders his girlfriend's "boy friend" to be abducted and eliminated.

Reading the full story the girl friend in the middle is being charged with being involved, who has done a runner. Along with other suspects.

18 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

So, Kannika has a "Tom" boy friend  Suphaksorn, Amnuay is jealous and orders the "Tom" to be removed from one side of the triangle.

Will justice prevail?

Being a police chief it should normal practice for his peers to allow him to dismiss any charges against himself.

1 minute ago, DaveE13 said:

Reading the full story the girl friend in the middle is being charged with being involved, who has done a runner. Along with other suspects.

Correct, that would seem to be the case, although rather strange.

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Correct, that would seem to be the case, although rather strange.

Also the one member of the gang who was arrested Wednesday has more than likely put them, old cop and girl friend , in the frame.

27 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

So just another day in paradise, nothing new to see here, moving on.

39 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not a day past without news of police corruption. If this not enough reason for a total overhaul of RTP, I don't know what is. The RTP is the epicenter of corruption. Reform RTP and you reduce most of the corruption in Thailand.

Well, at least a good part of it. But who's going to implement that police force overhaul? Every potential party that might be able to carry out such reform, including the military and the judiciary, has their very own skeletons in the closet and is reluctant to take tough steps against the police. It not only takes political will but also the courage to confront an extremely powerful and deeply entrenched organization like the police in all its shades. But most importantly, any party spearheading a thorough reform of the police department must be absolutely untainted themselves, otherwise it might be the very next target for reform. And that's what they're very, very afraid of. Hence, no reforming whatsoever is forthcoming. Only talk, talk, talk. 

I think I would have tried to handle this a bit differently if I had been the "man in the middle".

It might not have worked as it would have required Suphaksorn to grow her hair a bit longer (maybe a fringed bob?) and put on some makeup.

And some other things.

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Yes, she is a Thai lesbian( a 'Tom' )  who likes the company of a Thai woman, in this story at least.

Some women prefer the company of another woman instead of a 59 year old man (in this story anyway)

Not quite so ( in this case anyway). If the woman preffered the company of the "Tom" why does it say she is suspected of being involved in the crime (murder)?

28 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Not quite so ( in this case anyway). If the woman preffered the company of the "Tom" why does it say she is suspected of being involved in the crime (murder)?

Three reasons: 1) money;   2) cash;   3) moolah

Like Tom boy, I guess. The manly butch ones are Toms who dress like men and the girly girl ones are called Tomdee. Butch and Fem. Anyways thats not the strange part of the story. The wierd part is why a gorgeous, young woman was with a fat, ugly, 59 year old man? I know who I'd prefer peeping on whilst they're making love.

Just now, Wilsonandson said:

Like Tom boy, I guess. The manly butch ones are Toms who dress like men and the girly girl ones are called Tomdee. Butch and Fem. Anyways thats not the strange part of the story. The wierd part is why a gorgeous, young woman was with a fat, ugly, 59 year old man? I know who I'd prefer peeping on whilst they're making love.

You must be aware of the thousands of "gorgeous" younger women in Thailand accompanied by all manner of thin, fat, handsome, ugly older farang men. I am sure none of them would appreciate your peeping at any time. The attraction is usually quite practical i.e. money for honey and care. .I like to think I fall into the fat & handsome category..:tongue:

3 hours ago, seahorse said:

Who would want to be romantically involved with any of them?

I don't quite get the need/desire with these couples to be so dramatically contrasting:  I saw a ( very happy looking) lesbian couple on the BTS a couple of weeks ago: one had more than a passing resemblance to Manny Pacquiao, the other was wearing a frilly floral print dress.