Foreign Couple Retirement Visa Procedure?

We are a married couple from the USA (both citizens of the USA) and both (well) over 50 years of age. With a certified marriage certificate and 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for the required 90 days, is this enough? Does the husband (or wife) get a "retirement visa" and then the spouse get a "dependent visa"? Or do we have to have 800,000 Baht in a bank for each of us and get two "retirement visas"?

Does Sunbelt Asia or someone have some knowledge of what is actually required for a foreign couple?

Thanks for some advice ...

Edited by mojaco

You can use the retirement/dependent with one 800k deposit for 3 months.

If you have the funds you can also do the two retirement process.

I will only add, be sure that the " dependent" has a "O" visa when they arrive. They do not allow a change of visa to a "O" based on being a dependent of a foreign husband having the extension of stay based on retirement.

They will however allow the extension of stay as being a dependent. Arrive then with a "O" visa and you are ok. Our professional fee for a dependent visa is 3,900 Baht plus 7% vat. Government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

mojaco: I noticed from your "location" that it looked like you lived in Thailand already, so I clicked to read your profile. There I noticed that in a post on 7/27/2006 you said:

I just returned from renewing my retirement visa at Suan Plu in Bangkok. My wife (USA citizen) and myself (USA citizen) have been doing this for 8 years now.

So, now that we know you both already have had retirement visas for quite some time, were you asking if your wife (or you) can/should change from an extension for reason of retirement to a retiree's dependent extension ?

Do both of your visas expire within three months of the other? If not, could you put B800,000 in an account for one person three months in advance, and then move the money to the other person's account three months in advance of their renewal?

mojaco: I noticed from your "location" that it looked like you lived in Thailand already, so I clicked to read your profile. There I noticed that in a post on 7/27/2006 you said:
I just returned from renewing my retirement visa at Suan Plu in Bangkok. My wife (USA citizen) and myself (USA citizen) have been doing this for 8 years now.

So, now that we know you both already have had retirement visas for quite some time, were you asking if your wife (or you) can/should change from an extension for reason of retirement to a retiree's dependent extension ?

Do both of your visas expire within three months of the other? If not, could you put B800,000 in an account for one person three months in advance, and then move the money to the other person's account three months in advance of their renewal?

Yes both of our visas expire on the same day and we were told we would need 1,600,000 in the bank now! Unless we would be able to change my spouse O-A to a "Dependent" visa status? So the question is, can that be done? The change from "Retirement" to "Dependent"?