Non-Immigrant Visa B issues

The idea for me is to set up a home and stay in Thailand permanently, working abroad until my legs or heart fail and I can come and enjoy my old age with my Thai family. 

On the " Non-Immigrant Visa B " shown on here http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html it states that it is issued to applicants who want to work in the country.

I do not want to work in country, I work abroad but want live in Thailand. Did anyone achieve success with this? Can it be done?

A Non Immigrant 'B' visa is not for you.

You should apply for a Single Entry Non Immigrant 'O' visa based on being married or a parent, or retirement if you're over 50. You'll get permission to stay for 90 days, and can apply for a 1 year extension of stay within the last (maybe 45) days. The extension can be renewed every year. Your income from your work abroad can be used to support the application.

Alternatively you can apply for a Multiple Entry Non 'O' visa which will allow you to stay for up to 90 days per entry, but will allow you unlimited entries for one year. This visa is usually easy to get if married, but has limited availability based on being a parent or over 50.

I work abroad anyway,  I haven't been to my home country for 3 years.

Let me explain a bit better. I work in West Africa (... never ask me what I do...) and I have the relevant visas for these countries. I have been coming in and out of Thailand on 30 day visa free entries for the past 2 to 3 years. My RnR's are spend in Thailand.

As I want to get married soon to a Thai, I want to start planning ahead.

I want to permanently stay in TH as my home, while I still work abroad. I need to open a bank account and buy a place to stay, a car, a dog. No maybe a cat.

Indeed elviajero that sounds better, I am 38 so I can apply for one of those. I will do some research.

But does that mean I can never have a permanent resident visa? Can I open a bank account at least? Buy a property on my name?

5 minutes ago, douglasspade said:

Indeed elviajero that sounds better, I am 38 so I can apply for one of those. I will do some research.

But does that mean I can never have a permanent resident visa? Can I open a bank account at least? Buy a property on my name?

There is no Permanent Resident Visa you will get a Non Immigrant Visa. If you work in Thailand for 3 years and have paid taxes then you can apply for permanent Residence, there is a pinned topic about this on here.

13 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

There is no Permanent Resident Visa you will get a Non Immigrant Visa. If you work in Thailand for 3 years and have paid taxes then you can apply for permanent Residence, there is a pinned topic about this on here.

Does this mean I can not have a bank account? or buy a vehicle or property?

1 hour ago, douglasspade said:

You wouldn't be eligible for a  Residents Permit (indefinite leave to stay) based on your current circumstances but you would need a Non-Immigrant visa entry and subsequent extensions of stay to qualify. 

Not all bank bank branches will open accounts for foreigners especially if they aren't working in Thailand. But if you shop around its possible to get an account with any entry/permit to stay.

Any property that you can legally buy can be bought regardless of your visa/permit to stay.