Missing "Tom" discovered buried in deserted Kanchanaburi resort

webfact

8 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Thai television hit a new low last night.

They had the family of the murdered girl in the studio for an interview and told them live on air that her body had just been found.

One poor woman was so distraught she fainted on hearing the news.

Wow!

seriousely?

im not so much questioning your post as expressing amazement at it!

the TV station should be fined... hosts fired... etc etc

amazing Thailand.... never ceases to amaze. 

Just now, farcanell said:

Wow!

seriousely?

im not so much questioning your post as expressing amazement at it!

the TV station should be fined... hosts fired... etc etc

amazing Thailand.... never ceases to amaze. 

The wife was watching television and I'd walked past the tv and saw the family being interviewed.

Later on, I was working on my computer and I heard the screaming and wailing of the relatives. At first I thought it was some over-the-top soap opera. I walked over to see what it was all about and my wife said they had gone to a commercial break and when they came back the relatives had been told that their daughter was dead.

For me, that should have taken place in a room off-camera and the family given some privacy. Instead, they followed them with the camera focusing on one particularly distraught woman who eventually fainted.

I do not care what the poor girls sexual preferences were.  

She was a human being and was kidnapped and would have gone through terrible stress before being murdered by these morons, none of whom have any compassion or regard for the law.  Let us hope that justice is done and seen to be done in this case and that all those involved in the abduction, murder and disposal of the body serve many years in prison. 

Yes there are a few things that I dont like about Thailand, but it is my choice to live here so I just grin and bear it, but what I really despise is the way that some people here can get away with what they like and most people just accept it(yes I know it happens in my country as well, but not so openly and if it is found out there is hell to pay).

If this is true about that TV- show, I'd like to discuss this stupid "2 drunks tear down the flag"- controversy again, with some proud Thais, outraged netizens and the Thai'er-than-Thai- brigade and ask them only one question "How about that for being proud?'

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That the young girl had to suffer the abuse and outrage that would be part of her experience of being murdered apparently isn't enough for some people.  Even as her body parts are being seperated and dragged from a scrabbly hole in the ground the media and clamouring spectators continue the abuse of and memory of her spirit and previous existence. What incredible creatures we are, like no other on earth.

That the young girl had to suffer the abuse and outrage that would be part of her experience of being murdered apparently isn't enough for some people.  Even as her body parts are being seperated and dragged from a scrabbly hole in the ground the media and clamouring spectators continue the abuse of and memory of her spirit and previous existence. What incredible creatures we are, like no other on earth.

When someone has died or tragic accident happens and many people die, the reactions you get from people will always be varied. From respectful to disrespectful. You must know this already. My brother is a fireman and cuts people out of car crashes every week back in the U.K. He enjoys his job and jokes and laughs whilst doing his job. My dad used to work in a morgue where he would happily sit with the bodies eating his egg sandwiches for lunch. When you die are we banned from disrespecting you. Are you special. Go preach your philosophy to the do-gooders. Good or bad comments are welcome. Why lie?

On 1/12/2017 at 9:18 AM, Old Croc said:

Tomboy is used everywhere in English speaking countries.

A tomboy is a girl who exhibits characteristics or behaviors considered typical of a boy, including wearing masculine clothing and engaging in games and activities that are physical in nature and are considered in many cultures to be unfeminine or the domain of boys.

Wiki

So, having quoted a wiki page you still don't understand.

Tom is the 'male' half of a lesbian relationship whereby they are almost in complete denial of their female gender: they dress, act and treat their lady like a man would. It's an Asian thing (Thai, Phils), and isn't the same as the masculine 'male' in a Western lesbian relationship who isn't necessarily denying her gender by being the masculine one.

Sometimes the 'Dee' - that is the female role - is not even a lesbian at all, just a 'pretty' who wants someone to spoil her, though the Tom can often be highly jealous and controlling of the Dee.

Tomboy is a Western concept and is a female (sexuality unimportant) who prefers the company of guys, wearing their clothes, following traditionally male pursuits and suchlike.

On 1/12/2017 at 0:13 PM, nahkit said:

The wife was watching television and I'd walked past the tv and saw the family being interviewed.

Later on, I was working on my computer and I heard the screaming and wailing of the relatives. At first I thought it was some over-the-top soap opera. I walked over to see what it was all about and my wife said they had gone to a commercial break and when they came back the relatives had been told that their daughter was dead.

For me, that should have taken place in a room off-camera and the family given some privacy. Instead, they followed them with the camera focusing on one particularly distraught woman who eventually fainted.

Another example where 'developing country' doesn't fit at all, 'third world' does.

Thailand isn't much of a developing country any more, really.

Edited by Squeegee

8 hours ago, Squeegee said:

So, having quoted a wiki page you still don't understand.

Tom is the 'male' half of a lesbian relationship whereby they are almost in complete denial of their female gender: they dress, act and treat their lady like a man would. It's an Asian thing (Thai, Phils), and isn't the same as the masculine 'male' in a Western lesbian relationship who isn't necessarily denying her gender by being the masculine one.

Sometimes the 'Dee' - that is the female role - is not even a lesbian at all, just a 'pretty' who wants someone to spoil her, though the Tom can often be highly jealous and controlling of the Dee.

Tomboy is a Western concept and is a female (sexuality unimportant) who prefers the company of guys, wearing their clothes, following traditionally male pursuits and suchlike.

Another example where 'developing country' doesn't fit at all, 'third world' does.

Thailand isn't much of a developing country any more, really.

What part of my post is the part where I exhibited misunderstanding?

Perhaps you should look up wiki for the meaning of assumption.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:22 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

When you die are we banned from disrespecting you. Are you special. Go preach your philosophy to the do-gooders. Good or bad comments are welcome. Why lie?

As I said, what strange creatures we can be. I was reflecting on the unwarranted, disrespectful language and tone some media have used in reporting this case, and the slavering willingness with which self-centred, sexually-obsessed peeping tom readers have encouraged it. The distasteful and callous disregard for another person's humanity in exchange for casual titillation is so sad.  Yes, people whom I don't respect have died but this doesn't give me the right to publicly gorge on their life while they and their family are so vulnerable - all for some cheap casual thrill.

Disgusting.  And the way the story is handled is also disgusting... also some of the posts on their thread.

How would some of you like it if the headline was something like..

'Queer, fat farang found dead''.

I'd be quite happy with 'Queer, fat farang found dead".
Could be worse with 'Gay, obese foreigner passes away'.
Or 'Homosexual, over weight, holiday maker, no longer with us".