Murder for 3,000 baht - man and woman latest arrests in police ordered killing

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I think it's time to pack up and leave this place.  As much as I hate the 'it a'int what it used to be brigade', it a'int what it used to be.  Do I really want my kids growing up in this country is the question, even if I can tolerate, or ignore it, can they ?  I arrived here in '94 and have seen a lot, but lately...

Murder is wrong.

Let me know where you end up. In Chicago get killed for a pair of Jordan shoes. In Europe the Muslim extremist kill you for jihad. In China they kill you if you are too good a communist and threaten the leadership. In California they kill you for an iPhone. In Phillipines cops kill you and call you a drug dealer. 

Thailand is so bad. Wake Up but if you feel it is so bad better to leave than gripe, called Thais stupid or complain about visa issues.  If you return to your home country then no visa issues and no Thailand issues and only smart people that do everything right. That is why so many people fly thousands of miles to move to a country they were not born in.   Sounds like a plan that many in TV should return to their home country as they have no manners being a guest in this country and consistently  label all Thais as bad, corrupt or stupid. Peace 

Wow, the going rate to get rid of a Tom permanently is only Bt3,000!!!!! in Thailand.  My God!   These "poor" things are really atthe bottom at the social strata, no wonder I see many of them behaving very arrogant and most of the time involved in shady deals, etc. I never trusts them.  By the way, what is the going rate to get rid of Kathoeys in Thailand I wonder?????? See so many of them being reported in Pattaya either stealing or engaging selling themselves (yucks! what type of "things" buy them, I wonder.) or scamming tourists.

Did they let you out of school early today?
[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

23 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Mor Nim, the wife of the Olympic shooter Jakkrit was given the death sentence, then let out on bail.

Each case has it's own merits, money usually playing an important part.

Good point !!!

That said, the Supreme Court rejected the bail application for anti-coup activist Jaturapat Boonpattararaksa who is accused of lese majeste (https://www.aseanbreakingnews.com/2017/01/pai-daodin-loses-bail-appeal/).

Every time the police make an arrest in one of these murder-for-hire cases, you can be sure it is dinner table topic #1 at my house. I love my wife, but the more she thinks practically no one ever gets away with murder-for-hire in Thailand, the better I sleep at night.  :)

Thai police protect and serve their own, would Never-Ever come out with a statement that a fellow officer is involved in a killing if they had not have hard and hard to conceal evidence.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

I knew life was cheap here. But 3000 baht for offing somebody is outrageous, tragic, and frankly scary.

I am going to hedge my bets that the cop who orchestrated the whole thing gets bail and flees while these less well connected / well heeled accomplices will get the full weight of the law.

Disgusting

watch out what people around think about u...if  someone " unhappy" or jealous about what u do or say they might check up on their small change and send u the gun.....lets f...k up the falang next door cause i dont like his red tshirt it makes me loose face everytime i look at it...

6 hours ago, z42 said:

I knew life was cheap here. But 3000 baht for offing somebody is outrageous, tragic, and frankly scary.

I am going to hedge my bets that the cop who orchestrated the whole thing gets bail and flees while these less well connected / well heeled accomplices will get the full weight of the law.

Disgusting

3000 baht is cheap, but then you get what you pay for... Caught!!!!
Spend a bit more for a professional job!

I bet the police man walks and the other 2 will do prison time.....as per usual when someone has to be blamed and prosecuted while  there is some person of authority or influence involved in the crime....but not always.......but this time more than likely the usual outcome.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I think it's time to pack up and leave this place.  As much as I hate the 'it a'int what it used to be brigade', it a'int what it used to be.  Do I really want my kids growing up in this country is the question, even if I can tolerate, or ignore it, can they ?  I arrived here in '94 and have seen a lot, but lately...

I came to Thailand around the same time. No matter where you 'hits' or 'cof' are done, the difference is that in another country it might be done more 'professionally' and the killer might never be found...or the victim for that matter.

6 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Another example of the fragile mind of the thai!....thin skinned.....jealous...today only thinking-never tomorrow!

And this policeman thought he was getting a bargain at 3000 baht.....

Watch these 2 turn on him like a red belly snake!

Those two can turn all they want, it is important that his police buddies don't turn any.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

They said the girl died from suffocation. Too terrible to think that after being knocked on her head she was buried alive.

It`s not as bad a picture as you paint. The young woman friend of the policeman was playing a game of deceit and lies only this time she chose the wrong playmates. In fact she was lucky the policeman and his pals did not have her bumped off also. The policeman has vowed to get his revenge on the girl, he has powerful friends and my guess is she`ll have to keep looking over her shoulder from now on. It`s the same everywhere, play with fire and get burnt and makes no difference where we live, never try to con those more powerful then us and don`t get involved with the wrong people.

My girlfriend and me know of several Thai women who go on dating sites trying to find old Farlangs using the game of deceit and lies to scam them out of money and I`ve often said; one day these women will pick on the wrong guy and either end up crippled or dead. I still say Thailand is as safe and as dangerous as many other countries, and the more we play by the rules, the safer we will be.

All very scary stuff, but if we are sensible there is a good chance we will be OK

We live in the country, we have two large Alsatians, they sleep by the bedroom door and I feel relatively safe

We also have eight beautiful puppies and will keep a couple, so we will be looked after by four of them, we also look after them, I do feel more comfortable with them there

4 hours ago, waldroj said:

We are being told that, in another high-profile murder case currently being reported on (https://is.gd/4fI4IK), that the prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Surely, a premeditated hit such as this one, allegedly ordered by a police superintendent, deserves a similar punishment for the orchestrator ???

Not unless she was Hi-so

Yea, the Royal Thai Police are a law unto themselves,  even invent DNA samples and provide "non existent" witnesses  - as in the tragic murder in 2014 of two young people on Koh Tao - and two young men as scapegoats now in Jail on death penalty for their murder, clearly a set up by the Police who will undoubtedly have been paid a handsome sum for covering up the real murderers.  After 11yrs living in Thailand, we know how corrupt the Police are, thankfully moved out.

Very sad that this Lady´s life has been taken from her,  but yes, life is cheap in Thailand.

15 hours ago, Docno said:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/02/dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap.html

Interesting article on how much contract kills cost in other countries... They can go surprisingly low as well. 

According to this site http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ inflation has risen 12.5% since 2009 when the article mentioned above was written. So don't forget to add that in to your next contract offer. 

Dang! Everything's getting so expensive these days.

13 hours ago, al007 said:

All very scary stuff, but if we are sensible there is a good chance we will be OK

We live in the country, we have two large Alsatians, they sleep by the bedroom door and I feel relatively safe

We also have eight beautiful puppies and will keep a couple, so we will be looked after by four of them, we also look after them, I do feel more comfortable with them there

In 13 years we have had 5 German Shepherds (Alsatians) and 1 Rottweiler. 3 shepherds have been poisoned, excellent trained dogs all people friendly, family friends, went everywhere together with us. Rat poison, horrible way to kill a dog  

Read a story about assassins from several Balkan states that were doing jobs throughout Europe. 

They were the cheapest in Europe charging between 20,000 and 50,000 Euro for a job.. Yes, Euro !!! Not 3,000 Thai Baht.

When getting caught (in NL), they're getting about 5 years 3* hotel on Government's treat and a weekly allowance.