AIS Fibre problem

SoFarAndNear

Hi,

I changed to AIS Fibre 2 months ago. First month internet was a rocket. My speed is still good for around 4 weeks every few minutes some websites like Facebook and other doesn't work. Some websites work some other doesn't. This happens to all the devices at my home so it must be an error directly at AIS routing.

Else have problem with AIS last few weeks? I am worried that this is already the beginning of Thailands "Great Firewall" attempt. 

Call them. I had sporadic app issues. Seems some apps weren't playing nicely with IPv6 and the carrier grade NAT on IPv4. AIS turned off IPv6 routing and most of those issues disappeared. This was ok with me for now as I have no need for IPv6.

Edit: I listed my issues in a separate thread a few days back.

Edited by wxpwzrd
Additional Information

Yes. I remember. There was no IPv4 in the beginning but now it seems they have activated it on my router and I had a public IP. Now I got a private IP 100.*.*.* 

What a sh*t move of them. I was so happy the first month. Do you get a public IP on request? I don't want to behind another NAT which probably caused the problems.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

@SoFarAndNear - I do not believe they will give you one on request. Maybe extra charge - but that is the exact reason for their "upgrade" Pro packages, so I would bet you can't just add on a public IP.  

I am still running a Home package (100/10) rather than the Pro. I was (and still am) prepared to switch to a Pro package (50/20) for the public v4. But so far, those original problems have not resurfaced.

Haven't had any problem with my AIS Fibre.  I'm in western Bangkok.  If you haven't tried yet you might want to use another DNS versus whatever DNS AIS uses.   I use google DNS as my primary and OpenDNS as my secondary DNS.

Capture.JPG

20 minutes ago, Pib said:

Haven't had any problem with my AIS Fibre.  I'm in western Bangkok.  If you haven't tried yet you might want to use another DNS versus whatever DNS AIS uses.   I use google DNS as my primary and OpenDNS as my secondary DNS.

Capture.JPG

THX It is not a DNS error. As @wxpwzrd already stated it is a problem with IPv6 and the non public IP. I will subscribe for the PRO package because I want a public IP. These double NAT will only cause problems with peer2peer connections.

Just did three download tests using "Testmy.net"(a single thread tester) to Singapore with my AIS Fibre 100/10 PowerHome plan a little after lunch time.   Results were:

Capture.JPG

Then did one test using Speedtest.net (a multi thread tester) to Singapore.

5962818043.png

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Just did three download tests using "Testmy.net"(a single thread tester) to Singapore with my AIS Fibre 100/10 PowerHome plan a little after lunch time.

Worth pointing out that TestMy.net offers both single and multi thread testing.  In the header are there's a toggle for "Multithread" which changes to "Linear" if you have selected Multithread.

On 1/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, wxpwzrd said:

AIS turned off IPv6 routing and most of those issues disappeared. This was ok with me for now as I have no need for IPv6.

I think they may have turned it off for many customers.  I had to call them to turn it back on, since I have a few applications that will happily use IPv6, and doing so negates the CGN they have applied to the IPv4 connections.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:42 PM, Pib said:

Just did three download tests using "Testmy.net"(a single thread tester) to Singapore with my AIS Fibre 100/10 PowerHome plan a little after lunch time.   Results were:

Capture.JPG

Then did one test using Speedtest.net (a multi thread tester) to Singapore.

5962818043.png

I also had good download rates, even to europe. But that was not the point. Problem is unstable connection. And since IPv6 has been switched of it worked better.

Pib seems to be very fortunate.

I am also having problems with AIS Fibre, I upgraded to 100/10 on the 1st January and my service got worst, they eventually sent an engineer round last Monday 16th January who confirmed that my router was old and not very good and he would recommend that it should be changed.

That was it, I never heard anything, until I phoned them on Friday. They then told me that they had the report from the Engineer and that my Router was OK and there was no need to change it.

I was still getting crap service 4.37Mbps download speedtest using speedtest.com  to the UK, so I asked them to take me back to 50/10, which they did immediately. Everything got better, no problem with Kodi and speedtest to the UK near 30Mbps.

So I was happy for 2 days and then this morning buffering again on Kodi. There is obviously a problem somewhere I just can't get them to admit it.

Speedtests are still good, just the same old problem using Kodi, which they corrected on December 29th, after 3 weeks, is back again.

Edited by elfpattaya

I hope my good fortune holds.   The saying of, "Your Results May Vary" is so true.   Since you mentioned Speedtest.net to the UK, below is a test to London on this Sunday afternoon on my AIS 100/10.   

5968429815.png