Rao Tum Dai: Thai could be world's new english, Prayuth says

snoop1130

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about completely oblivious to the outside world.

Thai is a language for Thailand it is all but useless anywhere else. There is a complete lack of understanding of how Thailand is viewed by the outside world or how it fits on the world stage at all (which is of course very low). I strongly believe to most people it is simply a holiday destination known for the beaches, sex trade, ladyboys and great food, thats it, nothing more.

This guys is almost (almost!) making the ridiculous statement that Thai is a better and a more advanced language then English. Need I say more.

The truth is if Thailand does not "embrace" English the entire country will fall behind further and further as its competitors in the Asean and beyond become proficient. Statements like this just show how completely out of touch the PM is.

Thailand will be behind the Philippines in GDP soon as it is, Vietnam next... Both embracing  English and open to sensible policies on International trade.

6 minutes ago, recom273 said:

In his previous profession - Did they trust this man with a gun? Or did his father just buy him into an inactive post?

:cheesy: ... but a valid question nevertheless.

Pretty sure they had always removed the firing-pin!

This is obviously ridiculous, but ridicule has never done Thai Big Men any harm, or Big Men in any other quasi-feudal arrangement, for that matter. All Thai Big Men do this. It's a way to test the allegiance of those below you in the social pyramid by implicitly challenging them to dispute what's clearly intended as an outrageous statement. Everyone knows it's absurd and full of holes and you can't possibly mean it. In fact, you probably won't remember you said it a few days later, when you come up with another absolute whopper on a totally unrelated subject for the same purpose. No one will hold you accountable for its veracity or even its rationality. The hoi-polloi will beam and nod and bow and scrape and agree to your face you are the greatest visionary who ever lived and how could society manage without you, perhaps fall about laughing the moment your back is turned, but most likely immediately forget you said it as just another Big Man imbecility and get on with life. Shame on Thai Visa for playing the game and giving this clown attention he doesn't deserve.

its much easier to control populations through their media if they only speak the local language. it means local media control all news from outside and from inside. the current admins of almost all these third world countries do not want the local populations learning another language, and they can use nationalism to make sure they dont

Edited by phycokiller

2 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

I have to say I do love it when this bloke comes out with this stuff,  and the junta huggers are quiet agian as usual as they very publicly support this bloke and claim his as the hero of the country,  5555555  what a joke.

So I am awear that Thailand has several difering dialects so which one is this pelican suggesting could be the worlds new English if they do as he say's?  

After almost 3 years in total power what are some of his best blabberings?

1. Thai could be the new English.

2. Bangkok tap water won't make you sick.

3. Only ugly lady's can wear bikini's on the beach.u

4. No Thai could ever do that.

5. We always respect human rights.

6. If I use my full powers I can have you shot.

7. We need reforms prior to the election in 2016.

8. The road map must be followed and the election will definately be in 2017.

9. Go ask my brother.

10. Im only doing it for the good of the country.

11.the RTP did an excellent job  investigating the KT murders.

12. I had to undertake the coup for the protection of democracy.

13. The GT 2000 bomb detectors work perfectly. We are ordered more to protect the security of the country.

14. My black magic advisor fortold these events.

Rediculous statement :passifier: The only English speakers outside of some educated professionals and some BKK businessmen are Bargirls. Thailand is on the back foot in ASEAN because of poor English speaking. 

Comments like this will not progress Thailand. If it wasn't for all the Japanese investment here Thailand would be in a sorry state. 

25 minutes ago, sungod said:

Considering half of the world's population live in ASEAN, he might not be that far from the truth,

Check the population figures for India and China. English is widely spoken in India and is already used for business and law. It is far more their common language than Hindi, which IME, was despised in Southern states. China has massive English learning programs.

Don't think these countries will ever have the slightest inclination to use Thai.

Add that to the populations of US, UK, Eire, Canada, Australia, RSA, and you might find a surprising number. Besides which, can you imagine all the other ASEAN countries wanting to adopt Thai language, alphabet and numbers?

Still, seems his dreams are bigger than Yingluck's. Love her voice though!

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Before Thai has even the slightest chance of becoming the dominant global language, I foresee much higher probabilities for Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Basque, Aafrikans or even Swahili.

Hieroglyphics and cuneiform are more useful than the Thai language. Prayuth must be drinking Lao Khao again.

17 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Confirmation he is truely delusional.  And he considers himself qualified to to run the country.

God help la la land because the fool wont.

Don't forget La La Land has broken the record for the most Golden Globe Awards, winning seven prizes.

17 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

Prayuth is almost perfect in his delusional Thai-centric, torturing of the truth. One of the most unbelievable statements made this year. RIght up there with his denial that Bangkok tap water can make you sick.

Statement made this year, don't worry, we are only on 13th, we would expect worst very soon.

2 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

This guy clearly lives on another planet. Scary that he's making decisions for the future of Thailand. 

I doubt he makes any decisions at all, he is just following orders.

I would think all he wants to do is enjoy a retirement with all of his vast wealth he accumulated on a Soldiers pay, but therein lies his problem, he has to do what he's told or his vast wealth will be investigated and if a proper investigation is done he knows he'd be in for a very tough time explaining how he became a USD Multi Millionaire being a Soldier, so it's payback time now, his obvious corruption has been overlooked in the past for times like this, he has to do as he is told, or, they find someone else who will do as they are told whilst he is sitting in jail, and his family are disgraced and poor.

The few families that hold the real power in Thailand know all about the corruption, the only people who can do anything about it wont do anything, because it suits them to leave things just the way they are.

They run the country by pulling the strings of whatever puppet is on the stage, it's their show, the puppet is just that, a puppet.

Edited by Broken Record