Reporting my address

My Education visa expired on Jan. 10 so I went to Vientiane and got a 60 day tourist visa, hoping to delay my return to the US until it gets warmer. While on the Ed Visa I reported my address every 90 days as required, and there is still a piece of paper stapled into my passport that says "Notify your address again on Jan. 15, 2017. Keep in Passport.

I returned from Vientiane today. I am really not sure what to do. I plan to extend the 60-day visa for another 30 days and return to the USA in early April. Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by JulieM

1 hour ago, JulieM said:

TM30? Does this have to be done within 24 hours of arrival?

yes, within 24 hours. you need to do asap as you will be going there to get an extension at a later date, and it will bite you on the arse then.

11 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes, within 24 hours. you need to do asap as you will be going there to get an extension at a later date, and it will bite you on the arse then.

It is within 24 hours of arrival at the residence being reported not entry to the country.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JulieM said:

It's my understanding that the extension can be done at any time. Since I have to go to Immigration tomorrow, can I do it then (even though I just arrived today and the visa is good for 60 days?)

You will not be able  to apply for the extension until the last couple of weeks of the 60 day entry.

• Like 1

Just a quick one. I read people were being fined b4000 for not reporting correct address. I'm on a 60 day tourist visa at present and moved to a new address. I did report my old address on arrival. Should I update and how do I do this?

28 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Just a quick one. I read people were being fined b4000 for not reporting correct address. I'm on a 60 day tourist visa at present and moved to a new address. I did report my old address on arrival. Should I update and how do I do this?

When you change addresses you should submit a T28 form. The fine of 4000 baht baht is for not doing that but they would have no way of knowing when you changed addresses unless you put that actual date on the form.

They will likely want a TM30 form from the owner of where you staying.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you change addresses you should submit a T28 form. The fine of 4000 baht baht is for not doing that but they would have no way of knowing when you changed addresses unless you put that actual date on the form.

They will likely want a TM30 form from the owner of where you staying.

Hi Ubon so I should submit a t28? I can do this online?

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hi Ubon so I should submit a t28? I can do this online?

Only if you have moved since the last time your address was reported. It cannot be done online.

But since you have been out of the country all that should be needed is the TM30.