Bangkok Bank - iBanking pathetic

Well,

I have just found out that iBanking only allows displaying the transaction history for the last 120 days.

This is utterly pathetic.

It is difficult to see a reason for this, except that one guy in the bank thought

"I only need to go back three months, so that's good enough".

There used to be somebody at the BBL in these forums. Maybe he would like to pass the feedback up.

I now have a dispute over a transaction from four months ago in the last tax year. I cannot access this information.

I will now be checking SCB to see if they are better. If anybody knows before I fire up their internet banking, please let me know.

Don't know about SCB but I can confirm Krungsri Bank and KrungThai Bank ibanking only go back 6 months....just checked my accounts via ibanking.  

Edit:  And I just confined my Bangkok Bank account goes back 6 months also.  If you had a lot of transaction s there will be a Next button at the bottom of the first history page to take you to any subsequent pages.   

Edited by Pib

33 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

BKB: it's not 120 days, it's 6 months.

Just tried and verified.

12 July is the oldest.

Thanks for replying.

I can only get back as far as November. Sent them a message and they replied today "120 days only". I am using iBanking on the web. Maybe you are using their banking app on a phone?

But six months or 120 days, it is far too short. Doesn't even cover the accounting year.

But their cannot be a technical reason for it. Banks do not delete transactions, they are kept for decades. (Although I guess there are a few "tax dodgers" who would prefer for all the information to evaporate.

This is just some twit who decided to type in "3", or "6" for the maximum number of months displayed. Could have easily put in "60".

Yes, BB has always limited the view to the past 6 months; set the days in my google calendar so I have a downloadable 12-months of account history (2 files, 6-months apart) to print out for the immigration extension renewal versus paying the bank 100 baht and waiting a week for a 1-year printout from head office.

The OP needs to be careful what dates he puts in the small calendar style date selector and then realize that once the first page of transactions show, there will be a 'next' button to display the subsequent pages as they do not scroll.

4 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

I can only get back as far as November. Sent them a message and they replied today "120 days only". I am using iBanking on the web. Maybe you are using their banking app on a phone?

I'm using the web....can go back 6 months....as of today that is back to 12 Jul 16.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Pib

3 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Thanks for replying.

But six months or 120 days, it is far too short. Doesn't even cover the accounting year.

But their cannot be a technical reason for it. Banks do not delete transactions, they are kept for decades. (Although I guess there are a few "tax dodgers" who would prefer for all the information to evaporate.

This is just some twit who decided to type in "3", or "6" for the maximum number of months displayed. Could have easily put in "60".

Try again. I just logged into Bualuang iBanking on the computer and looked at my last 6 months of activity. You must be missing the 'Next' button at the foot of the first screen full of transactions.

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

I'm using the web....can go back 6 months....as of today that is back to 12 Jul 16.

Capture.JPG

OK, a bit of progress here.

That menu is under the account, and gets me back six months. Even though the pull down goes back 20 odd years.

However the payee is only listed as " Payment for Goods /Services " and I can't get a breakdown of the references.

I was in the "payments/top ups" "payment history", here only three months are displayed. 

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, BB has always limited the view to the past 6 months; set the days in my google calendar so I have a downloadable 12-months of account history (2 files, 6-months apart) to print out for the immigration extension renewal versus paying the bank 100 baht and waiting a week for a 1-year printout from head office.

The OP needs to be careful what dates he puts in the small calendar style date selector and then realize that once the first page of transactions show, there will be a 'next' button to display the subsequent pages as they do not scroll.

Never thought about using this for the immigration renewal.

Thought immigration always wanted a letter from the bank, which costs here 200 Baht and takes about 20 minutes.

16 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

However the payee is only listed as " Payment for Goods /Services " and I can't get a breakdown of the references.

I think they're all the same here. To get more detailed information and breakdown of payees, account numbers etc. from Kasikorn I actually had to go in and make a request that was sent to head office and took a few days to be sent back. There was a small fee which I vaguely remember varied depending on how far back you wanted to go.

8 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Never thought about using this for the immigration renewal.

Thought immigration always wanted a letter from the bank, which costs here 200 Baht and takes about 20 minutes.

I didn't use it for proof of seasoned funds. Used it to prove to the embassy that I had a sufficient annual monthly income for them to issue the letter.

I hope you get your original issue resolved. It does appear that to get more details on that specific transaction, a request may be needed to be made to the head office. Here's hoping that your local BB branch has some staff that understand what you need and don't fob you off with that infuriating 'Cannot'.

Oh dear how did people manage before internet banking

I believe BBL gives the option of having paper statements, but then for that to work one would have to keep them !

Maybe the original poster is at fault for not making copies when available

Often the solution can be found by standing close to the mirror and looking at what you see

I always create/file a digitalised copy of any internet banking transaction I do. Moreover I memorise monthly bank account statements of each previous month. Hence I don't have to rely on information by the bank that my no longer be available (online).

If you go to SCB you will find out how good in comparison Bangkok Bank is.

I closed all my SCB accounts as it was such hard work.

To add a payee you had to physically go to the bank, fill in a form and it took several weeks for that to become available.

Edited by SamuiRes

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I didn't use it for proof of seasoned funds. Used it to prove to the embassy that I had a sufficient annual monthly income for them to issue the letter.

I hope you get your original issue resolved. It does appear that to get more details on that specific transaction, a request may be needed to be made to the head office. Here's hoping that your local BB branch has some staff that understand what you need and don't fob you off with that infuriating 'Cannot'.

Never use a Thai bank for that, always P60's and a printout from my online UK savings account for the SP. No problems.

1 hour ago, al007 said:

Oh dear how did people manage before internet banking

I believe BBL gives the option of having paper statements, but then for that to work one would have to keep them !

Maybe the original poster is at fault for not making copies when available

Often the solution can be found by standing close to the mirror and looking at what you see

1. God knows, I certainly would find life very much harder without the internet.

2. Never seen that option.

3. , 4. Sometimes yes, but in this case I reckon that three months is too short. As I said above, it does not even come near covering the tax year.

All BBL have to do is increase a parameter so more months are displayed.

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What, onto a T-Shirt or something ?

Assuming you're being funny and not just stupid, so then you'll know there is a prt sc key on most or all keyboards. I use an old version of Printkey2000 to simplify the process. Old version because I think they started charging for it.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Assuming you're being funny and not just stupid, so then you'll know there is a prt sc key on most or all keyboards. I use an old version of Printkey2000 to simplify the process. Old version because I think they started charging for it.

Yes, I do capture (PrtScr key on keyboard) statement each month too and keep in my computer.

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ahh ok, A screen shot.

Yeah a "print screen" is vastly different to "screen printing" !!

Edited by Don Mega

I used to work in a role that involved huge storage capacity, and the issue is how much you can keep online and what you need to archive off elsewhere.  In my day it was optical disks in 'jukeboxes', today it's probably a massive array of thumbnail or smaller worm memory devices, I don't know.  Not sure what they're using now, but it's not like you could put that amount of data on a few terabytes of a RAID device, 

Technology is improving in a curve that some would call Logarithmic, some Parabolic, but you get the idea - it's certainly not linear.  And neither is the amount of information coming into existence per second.  The information will be available, even if not immediately online (probably 6 years worth legally, or more if they are able - especially for things like 25 year mortgages).

It would be nice if they had a CSV export function though, so people that like a full history can build up their entire history by concatenating recent data that has a commit function (as they would do in incremental backups) to do incremental historical data.

40 minutes ago, Shiver said:

It would be nice if they had a CSV export function though, so people that like a full history can build up their entire history by concatenating recent data that has a commit function (as they would do in incremental backups) to do incremental historical data.

Bangkok Bank ibanking does have CSV export/download.

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, khunano said:

I always create/file a digitalised copy of any internet banking transaction I do. Moreover I memorise monthly bank account statements of each previous month. Hence I don't have to rely on information by the bank that my no longer be available (online).

I do the same with my two BKK Bank accts. .... and for my USA bank accounts.

4 hours ago, SamuiRes said:

If you go to SCB you will find out how good in comparison Bangkok Bank is.

I closed all my SCB accounts as it was such hard work.

To add a payee you had to physically go to the bank, fill in a form and it took several weeks for that to become available.

Agreed. SCB is the worst of the bunch. I also had to give up and close my account with them. 

4 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

All BBL have to do is increase a parameter so more months are displayed.

You are rightly worried

However if BBL keep more data current maybe they do not have the storage capacityy

You could buy shares and go to the AGM and ask your question

Or make a bid and buy it all, then do what you need 

Just the jottings of an old man!!!

I have been banking with Bangkok Bank for seven years, I recently had a problem and told them showing my account books to prove it, they told me we only keep records for three months, they had no idea I was a long term customer and how much money they make from mem. Go figure.

8 hours ago, Pib said:

Bangkok Bank ibanking does have CSV export/download.

Capture.JPG

That also only goes back the same period, I thought it was 180 days rather than 120 though.

I also needed to look back at previous transactions, wanted to see if tax was taken off my first interest payment of the year as the second of 2 seemed to have had too much taken.