Russia calls NATO deployment in Poland threat to national security

webfact

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Trump's approval rating is plummeting.  Fewer and fewer approve of what he's doing.

If his ratings are dropping which I doubt, it is based on what the media and his haters think Trump and his cabinet "may" do as they "have" done nothing yet.  I don't think Trump is as far right as many think he is.  Quality jobs for americans is my #1 priority and I haven't seen any movement that way in forty years so I was ready for a big change. As for Russia and the rest of the world, I think they will be taking what Trump says very seriously. 

27 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Lend-lease plan in which the USA (Allied force) provided food and military material to the USSR was enacted on 11th March 1941.

Operation Barbarossa, German invasion of USSR started actually on 22 June 1941.

The Molotov-Ribbentrop plan was violated by Russia through its invasion/annexation of the Baltic states, Romania, Finland and other states that was not part of the plan.

Moreover, Germany was aware of secret alliance between Russia and USA/UK, read the Allies, almost similar which was agreed during WW1.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Well, Thorgal, this is interesting!

Like most good disinformation, there is SOME truth in what you say but also deflection and obfuscation!

Even "pre lend lease" for USSR was not until 22 June 1941. Bringing in the Baltic states ( don't forget Finland) is complicating things too much for most arm chair warriors here ?

I agree your stance on WW1. UK should not have got involved. The perfidious French and the Russians put the Kaiser and his generals in an impossible situation.

Where are you from, friend?

31 minutes ago, Grubster said:

If his ratings are dropping which I doubt, it is based on what the media and his haters think Trump and his cabinet "may" do as they "have" done nothing yet.  I don't think Trump is as far right as many think he is.  Quality jobs for americans is my #1 priority and I haven't seen any movement that way in forty years so I was ready for a big change. As for Russia and the rest of the world, I think they will be taking what Trump says very seriously. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-new-poll-lowest-popularity-rating-russia-quinnipiac-university-a7520796.html

Donald Trump has lowest popularity rating since election, new poll says

Americans have major concerns about the President-elect’s temperament and the direction in which his presidency will lead the country

As honeymoons go, Donald Trump’s wasn’t much to write home about. He was voted in as the most unpopular president-elect in modern history and got slightly less unpopular in the weeks that followed, as the goodwill flowed. Even then, though, he clearly remained the most unpopular president-elect in modern history. Again, that was the honeymoon.

And now it’s over.

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Stalin was only too keen to carve Poland up with Hitler. Many forget that the Russians invaded from the East when the Germans invaded from the West. It was the Russian NKVD that carried out the massacre of 10k + Polish Army officers and leaders and then forged documents to try and blame the Germans. Poland never got back parts the Russians stole and had to endure communist USSR domination for decades after WW11.

So, who should be worried?

My understanding of Geography is that Poland currently sits on what was essentially German soil and the eastern Part of Poland is now part of Ukraine

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

My understanding of Geography is that Poland currently sits on what was essentially German soil and the eastern Part of Poland is now part of Ukraine

Close, but no cigar.

The Poles got it worse than anyone

We OWE it to them to know their history.

My British brethren should be ashamed of giving them such a hard time now. Shameful.

10 hours ago, Grubster said:

I already forgot what the polls said before the election?  He cannot be polled out of office so why do they waste their time.

He was voted in as the most unpopular president in modern history.  And his approval rating is sinking fast.

11 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

I always enjoy watching this map morph over time.  Borders seem to have been very fluid in Europe over the ages.  Poland looked to be one of the biggest countries around 1600, and completely gone a bit over 100 years later.

17 hours ago, Grouse said:

The Soviets kept their share of Poland under the Molotov Ribbentrop pact. The Russians still hold on to that territory. The Poles were compensated with a huge swathe of eastern Germany.

The countryside occupied by the USSR was mostly inhabited by Belorussians and Ukrainians, and that occupied territory is now part of Belarus and the Ukraine.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

He was voted in as the most unpopular president in modern history.  And his approval rating is sinking fast.

And if he is unpopular after four years he will be voted out. What is the point of monitoring a presidents popularity on a daily basis? Will it change something? He is not even President yet, how can we judge performance when there is none yet? We may or may not be happy with his actions as President but can we wait till he makes a move? I know the Republicans did the same thing to Clinton and Obama, but I just wish it would stop. I don't think Trump will be sucking up to Russia and you do, so lets wait and see.

2 hours ago, Richard W said:

The countryside occupied by the USSR was mostly inhabited by Belorussians and Ukrainians, and that occupied territory is now part of Belarus and the Ukraine.

But you accept that at the start of 1939 it was Polish territory?

3 hours ago, Grubster said:

And if he is unpopular after four years he will be voted out. What is the point of monitoring a presidents popularity on a daily basis? Will it change something? He is not even President yet, how can we judge performance when there is none yet? We may or may not be happy with his actions as President but can we wait till he makes a move? I know the Republicans did the same thing to Clinton and Obama, but I just wish it would stop. I don't think Trump will be sucking up to Russia and you do, so lets wait and see.

The poll isn't just about popularity.  It's about many other things.  Like trust, honesty, direction his is going with regards to policy, etc.  So yes, these polls are important.  They won't change much for Trump as he could care less and would probably just call them FAKE! LOL

Where did I say Trump would be sucking up to Russia?  It's not known yet and even today, he's backtracking on this.  Again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38621025

Mr Trump told the Wall Street Journal that newly-imposed sanctions on Russia would remain "at least for a period of time" but could then be lifted.

Trump is hard to predict. Who knows what's going to happen!

22 hours ago, Grouse said:

But you accept that at the start of 1939 it was Polish territory?

In so far as it belonged to either Poland or a Soviet republic, yes.  However, the claim to the part that had been part of Austro-Hungary is more dubious - it's not obvious that the Ukrainian Soviet Republic had the right to cede that territory to Poland.

2 hours ago, Richard W said:

In so far as it belonged to either Poland or a Soviet republic, yes.  However, the claim to the part that had been part of Austro-Hungary is more dubious - it's not obvious that the Ukrainian Soviet Republic had the right to cede that territory to Poland.

Yes, I accept that.

However, this sort of discussion continues to cause grief around the world today. Which borders are inviolable? I just chose the position at the start of WW2 compared to the end. We COULD debate Palestine if you like ?