TM30...again

As I have said previously, I was quite happy to avoid doing 90 day reports either by myself doing them or TE doing them for me. I was happy to fly out from 15 minutes down the road from U-Tapao airport for a few days or a week or 2 away. I have loads of time on my hands nowdays to do as I please. Now that door has been shut by needing to do a TM30 report on my return. As the Thais like to say 'Same same'.

Sorry I do the same like you since the 80s. Never had to file a 90 days report. Never had to file a TM30 by myself either, because it is not my responsibility.

The real issue is that the letter of the law provides for people to visit Thailand for 15 reasons, it did not provide for people to live here other than by extending their visas for specific lengths of stay. The ministry realises that some people who can afford to, want to live here and has accepted that they can and has provided under rule 15 for it, retirement, visiting family, marriage, Elite Card etc.
There should be no issue with tourists extending an exempt entry stamp, if Immigration gives them an extension then they stay longer if not then they get seven days. Theoretically they only have to pack their suitcases get on a plane.
All the threads asking about best border crossings etc. show that many people know that if they asked at Immigration to do what they are doing they would be refused and in all likelyhood they have more to pack than their suitcase. There are even people on retirement extensions who do not have the money deposited in a Thai bank. All this cheating represents an income so it is tolerated but it does mean inconsistencies exist because not everyone is cheating consistently. It sometimes seems to me reading of people's experiences as though, if you are not cheating, Immigration wishes you were!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

The real issue is that the letter of the law provides for people to visit Thailand for 15 reasons, it did not provide for people to live here other than by extending their visas for specific lengths of stay. The ministry realises that some people who can afford to, want to live here and has accepted that they can and has provided under rule 15 for it, retirement, visiting family, marriage, Elite Card etc.
There should be no issue with tourists extending an exempt entry stamp, if Immigration gives them an extension then they stay longer if not then they get seven days. Theoretically they only have to pack their suitcases get on a plane.
All the threads asking about best border crossings etc. show that many people know that if they asked at Immigration to do what they are doing they would be refused and in all likelyhood they have more to pack than their suitcase. There are even people on retirement extensions who do not have the money deposited in a Thai bank. All this cheating represents an income so it is tolerated but it does mean inconsistencies exist because not everyone is cheating consistently. It sometimes seems to me reading of people's experiences as though, if you are not cheating Immigration wishes you were!

See post N0 59 of how Immigration prefer it done :smile:

On 1/14/2017 at 5:18 AM, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes. It is no hardship for a decent condo management to set it up online for there owners.There is no way as far as I know for an individual to do it. The only problem is only Immigration can give a receipt to say it was received although condo management and hotels can print the receipt to say it was sent. That receipt though isn't a defense should some how the notice not being received in the 24hr period by immigration. Hence I went there anyway and collected the received receipt to be sure. When you do the notice online you need your original receipt (The tear off slip from the original TM30) your TM6 card and passport to input the information.
I have no idea if on a long term basis, rather than being in a hotel if you can do your very first notification online. Probably not.

My condo office does the reporting for free (even advising everyone to report back, when staying somewhere outside).

However, the website was down since weeks, so one of their staff had to go personally to Immigration, to do the reporting. Great service, but I wonder, how many other offices are prepared to go that mile...

(that was in CM)

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Like 1

Interestingly if you look at the notes in English at the bottom of the 90 day report there are only three bullet points but if you click on Thai language at top right you will notice two more bullet points saying that
the service is absolutely free except in the case of paying a fine and don't be fooled by people pretending or asking for money for doing this service.