60 Days Tourist Visas Forever

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o
spot on Rodger!

Hope he/she enjoys the Phillipines.You are right, The Thais do not want decent law-abiding Westerners out for any reason at all. (well, the Japanese Ambassadors' wife informed me of this- so cannot call it one way or another being a mere 'layman'). Reckon all will be fine,as long as people go to Penang,Vientiene, their home country. Why would the Thais want decent foreign folk out?

I AM DECENT FOREIGN FOLK (and pardon me, I think of myself something better then just "decent", perhaps "commendable" is more appropriate) yet they want me out or in the best of cases they want me peregrinating their foreign consulates begging for a VISA they can deny at their caprice.

//edit for language - lopburi3//

Guadente, i commend you on your effort to make other folks nervous about the new visa policies. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :D You talk like you've been denied ALREADY. It ain't even January first yet! If you been denied a visa already, tell us about it, otherwise all this jibber jabber amounts to a whole lot of nothing - just more squab-holler for folks to pick through as they look for valid information on the new policies. Thais are good folks and we all know it. If they wasn't, we wouldn't be wastin our time on this here forum tryin to find a way to stay here with 'em.

I'm sure them Phillipinas will know how to treat you. Good luck to ya. :D

Krub,

sorry -don't know you, just read you! You are probably a great person, but your negativity shines through so badly (oxymoron, I know) it's just not true. Let you know soon when I comeback from laos! A lot of what you say is ....well, let's just leave it at that.

All the best,

B>gas

Hi Bangkokgaz, I do not see any of my comments in your quotes.

Where am I negative ?

Please elaborate

I cannot agree to people wining because a loophole is about to close (30 day back to back used as de facto residence)

Rules are made more hard and are enforced more strictly accross the board (all other visa types) because of some loopholes are abused.

same thing with the 800k for retirement some smart guys borrowed the money for a few days just to gte the bank book and bank statement to the reuired amount. This means now all retirement extension using 800k must prove that balance for 3 months before application.

A few making it bad for the majority

Guadente

Gaudente, if you don't mind

i commend you on your effort to make other folks nervous about the new visa policies.

I think realizing the obvious increasing hostility of Thai authorities towards farangs is much more useful to board members of your naive and blind optimism

You talk like you've been denied ALREADY. It ain't even January first yet!

This sentence of yours remembers me an old joke:

A skyscraper windows cleaner falls off his framework. The skyscraper is 100 floors, so he falls, falls, falls...passing the 5th floor he thinks: "till now everything OK, let's hope it gets on this way!"

Should I wait to go to Penang in January and perhaps to get me the VISA denied before acting ?

Is it possible to live in a country with the continue menace of being sent away ? air tickets and hotels are not for free. I have bought a condo unit in Thailand because I thought I was allowed to live in it. May I say I am not pleased by an enormous , indiscriminate and unjust shake up of VISA regulations that forces me to find another country and face useless expenses ?

Thais are good folks and we all know it.!

May I remind you the 242 Ferengi Rule of Acquisition ? It says: "the bigger the smile, the bigger the knife"

And anyway it is Thai Immigration, not Thai people, the ones who make and apply the absurd rules.

I'm sure them Phillipinas will know how to treat you. Good luck to ya. :o

!

I have dealed with Thaigirls for 2 years, I surely can do the same with Philippinas ....considering you are even unable to spell their name correctly I wonder if you could instead !

Edited by Gaudente

If you are sooo "Rich" why not just get an Elite Membership? :o

I have not become rich throwing away my money, expecially to liers who first say you can stay in their country then send you away after you bought real estate there. I see no reason to reward such an obscene behaviour with the outrageous amount of 1,000,000 baht . I think Thai authorities deserve a severe payback instead. And anyway Philippines and Malaysia offer me much better retirement VISA options. That's where my 9 million baht will soon follow me.

Gaudente, if you don't mind

Don't mind at all.

Should I wait to go to Penang in January and perhaps to get me the VISA denied before acting ?

If you're not eligible, don't bother applying.

Is it possible to live in a country with the continue menace of being sent away ?

Don't understand the question... Besides, i thought you said you're going to the Philippines.

air tickets and hotels are not for free.

It seems you're right about one thing.

I have bought a condo unit in Thailand because I thought I was allowed to live in it.

Without having a proper visa? That was a bit foolish.

May I say I am not pleased by an enormous , indiscriminate and unjust shake up of VISA regulations that forces me to find another country and face useless expenses ?

You can say wahatever you like but try and see beyond your own interests in the future.

May I remind you the 242 Ferengi Rule of Acquisition ? It says: "the bigger the smile, the bigger the knife"

This Ferengi fella, is he Thai? Khun Ferengi? Hehehehehehehe :o

And anyway it is Thai Immigration, not Thai people, the ones who make and apply the absurd rules.

I think those folks at Thai immigration ARE Thai people (!)

I have dealed with Thaigirls for 2 years, I surely can do the same with Philippinas ....considering you are even unable to spell their name correctly I wonder if you could instead !

I don't know who you've "dealed with" but i'm sure they'll be glad to hear you're leaving.

As for the Phillipinas, i'm sure their ready for ya! :D

Edited by Roger Dodger

I kept the two groups separate as Thai Immigration officers will continue to get their high salaries, while most of Thai people will suffer consistent loss of income because of my departure and that of many other COMMENDABLE farangs who spent and invested money in this country, but will soon be no more allowed to do so.

I have bought a condo unit in Thailand because I thought I was allowed to live in it.

No, that was consistent with previous VISA regulations, regulations they changed with just a 15 days warning, not to mention the coup just 1 week later and the Immigration offices unable to give any confirmation/deny on whatever issue.

I kept the two groups separate as Thai Immigration officers will continue to get their high salaries, while most of Thai people will suffer consistent loss of income because of my departure and that of many other COMMENDABLE farangs who spent and invested money in this country, but will soon be no more allowed to do so.

What on earth will they do without you?? Hehehehehehehehehe :o

Believe it or not, Thais were here before ya'll got over here with ALL THAT MONEY. I'm sure they'll get along just fine without you, though they might miss your modesty and generosity. Hehehehehehehe :D

No, that was consistent with previous VISA regulations, regulations they changed with just a 15 days warning, not to mention the coup just 1 week later and the Immigration offices unable to give any confirmation/deny on whatever issue.

WHAT VISA was that that you HAD AND LOST??

The simple point is many other countries offer more options for extended stay for tourists who have income from other sources and just want to chill for half a year or so, without having to jump through so many hoops all the time...

That's a good thing then, isn't it? Just imagine what a boring world this would be if the entire planet consisted of only one country, whether this be Thailand or any other country. Variety is the spice of life!

--

Maestro

No that's not a good thing.

It means if you happen to prefer Thailand you re f*cked.

And what if the entire planet was only one country for all :o

2. You must have your passport when in most countries so mailing it is not a good idea.

3. A visa issued without you in the jurisdiction of the Consulate would likely not be honored by Immigration.

Sorry if I sound a bit dim today, Lopburi, but are you saying if I posted an application from my home town and was granted the visa, I could still be refused adnission as I was not personally at the Consulate/ Embassy?

so tell me guadente,as rodger has already asked,just what visa did you have that allowed you to live in your condo?people like you who go on about their wealth and how thailand cant manage without them make me laugh, do you really think what you spend will affect the thai economy.im sure your thai girlfriend will enjoy any money you cant take with you.bon voyage

Believe it or not, Thais were here before ya'll got over here with ALL THAT MONEY. I'm sure they'll get along just fine without you, though they might miss your modesty and generosity. Hehehehehehehe :D

Roger, considering you are surfing (and unfortunately, also posting) this forum 24/7 you should be aware that I am not the only one packing. THOUSANDS of wealthy farangs like me, RIGHTLY INDIGNATED by the absurd ungratefully way Thai Immigration is treating them , are packing.

I guess all together we will make some vacuum.

And btw, I know a few Thai girls that will miss me (that is my money) for sure.

so tell me guadente,as rodger has already asked,just what visa did you have that allowed you to live in your condo?people like you who go on about their wealth and how thailand cant manage without them make me laugh, do you really think what you spend will affect the thai economy.im sure your thai girlfriend will enjoy any money you cant take with you.bon voyage

I did not need any VISA as long as VISA runs were perfectly legal. I could have applied for investor VISA , but considering my money was invested in bonds denominated in Brazilian Real yelding me a 12% yearly coupon,(while THB fixed deposit yeld only 5% less 15% taxes), that would have costed me 200,000 baht/year of income, while VISA runs cost only 24,000. When they changed rules they did it with so little warning I could not comply: first I needed to change VISA and get a 3 months B , then should have asked for the 1 year stay permit. How could 3 months stay in 15 days ?

Don't worry for my money I assure you I will be able to retrieve it all.

Worry instead for the way your nickname fully reflects your essence.

Cheers :o

from GAUdente

Edited by Gaudente

Roger, considering you are surfing (and unfortunately, also posting) this forum 24/7 you should be aware that I am not the only one packing. THOUSANDS of wealthy farangs like me, RIGHTLY INDIGNATED by the absurd ungratefully way Thai Immigration is treating them , are packing.

Well, it sounds like you'll be missing the place as much as it will miss you.

I guess all together we will make some vacuum.

Yeah, you guys really suck! Hehehehehehehehehehe :D

And btw, I know a few Thai girls that will miss me (that is my money) for sure.

A FEW, i'm sure. Take 'em with ya!

I did not need any VISA as long as VISA runs were perfectly legal. I could have applied for investor VISA , but considering my money was invested in bonds denominated in Brazilian Real yelding me a 12% yearly coupon,(while THB fixed deposit yeld only 5% less 15% taxes), that would have costed me 200,000 baht/year of income, while VISA runs cost only 24,000. When they changed rules they did it with so little warning I could not comply: first I needed to change VISA and get a 3 months B , then should have asked for the 1 year stay permit. How could 3 months stay in 15 days ?

Don't worry for my money I assure you I will be able to retrieve it all.

Worry instead for the way your nickname fully reflects your essence.

Cheers :o

from GAUdente

you could have previously applied with your 9 million of thai stocks ,property ,and bank deposits.or did you forget about that.some people talk some shit.

you could have previously applied with your 9 million of thai stocks ,property ,and bank deposits.or did you forget about that.some people talk some shit.

Thai stocks did not count for VISA purpose. And by mid September Thai stock market was really down (SET index about 670) if I had sold I would have consolidated a big loss. So money HAD to come from my abroad assets, that is the BRL bonds.

To come to Thailand on Tourist Visas, leave get a new tourist visa and return is not breaking laws or finding loop holes,

If a consulate will issue the tourist visa, then its all legal and above board.

If you look back you will find that the Thais changed the rules to try to stop farangs working illegally in Thailand. I can assure any member that the Thaïs do not have a problem with rich westerns staying long term however legally managed in Thailand spending their money.

To Answer the OP question, it is too early to say, but really I cannot see this being a problem

To each your opinion but to me using short term permits back to back is not what they were intended for and therefore abusing the system making it more difficult for genuine short term stayers.

If Thai Consulates issue back to back tourist visas it will be their decisions, we will see if this will happen.

Indications so far seems to show that it might not be the case

Well, two friends of mine with plenty of tourist visa covering the last two years in Thailand were issued with another tourist visa in Vientiane yesterday.

To come to Thailand on Tourist Visas, leave get a new tourist visa and return is not breaking laws or finding loop holes,

If a consulate will issue the tourist visa, then its all legal and above board.

If you look back you will find that the Thais changed the rules to try to stop farangs working illegally in Thailand. I can assure any member that the Thaïs do not have a problem with rich westerns staying long term however legally managed in Thailand spending their money.

To Answer the OP question, it is too early to say, but really I cannot see this being a problem

To each your opinion but to me using short term permits back to back is not what they were intended for and therefore abusing the system making it more difficult for genuine short term stayers.

If Thai Consulates issue back to back tourist visas it will be their decisions, we will see if this will happen.

Indications so far seems to show that it might not be the case

Well, two friends of mine with plenty of tourist visa covering the last two years in Thailand were issued with another tourist visa in Vientiane yesterday.

Decent folks will always be welcome in the Land of Smile!

Even on Tourist Visas :D

Edited by Roger Dodger

1. There is no such thing as a triple non immigrant visa for Thailand.

2. You must have your passport when in most countries so mailing it is not a good idea.

3. A visa issued without you in the jurisdiction of the Consulate would likely not be honored by Immigration.

You could also have pointed out that this is mindless stupidity. Entry/exit stamps will show the consulate that the passport holder is still (or should be) in Thailand. This could have all sorts of unpleasant consequences. That, however, would probably be well deserved. What concerns me is that such stupidity might cause the Thai Government to tighten the screws even more, thus making life harder for those who are prepared to play by the rules.